IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 389 - February 27, 2019 - Spent a little time goofing around with the Puttist, which is being reviewed next after the SkyTrak. Also reviewed some video I took yesterday with a "feel."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 138: Full swing mirror work today, again. Ensuring my set up is okay and then making sure I'm looking good from A1 to A2.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 11 - Spent twenty minutes practising in the training sand bunker.

Also, I did some research about the PGA rules related to play the sand bunker.

Nave

Day 422

Like yesterday, just some short game work. Approaches, pitches, chips, and putting. 

Plan is to play 18 holes in a little while. 

Weather is good, so why waste it.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 144, February 28

Chipping and pitching in the basement. Worked on the short, delicate chips and pitches, about 5 yards at most. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 59, 28 February 

5 minutes, using a practise club, working on pull-back, releasing through the ball, and turining to target.

Thereafter, I used my 9i and hit about 20 balls, focussing on same things.

I finished off with a carpet putting session, working on set-up and alignment, from 12ft.

DAY 467   Rise and Grind... at the course from 9:30-2:30!!   Spent 90 minutes on the putting green going through two drills.  The first drill involves making 25 three foot putts in a row, from 5 tees set up around the hole.  So you go around and around, one putt from each tee until you circle the hole 5 times, AND make all putts.  Today, I chose to do this one first, since it takes some real mental energy to complete.   Then I did a distance control drill.  Had to putt 20 putts in a row, within a 3 foot circle around the hole from 20 feet.  Then when successfully completed I continued on to the same from 30 and then 45 feet.  To help with the learning, while yesterday I set up the drill so all the putts were uphill, today I chose a drill that was set up so all the putts were sidehill, with varying break.

Then off to the range to work on my mechanics.  Lots of my regular drills that focus me on improving my backswing, and staying in posture through the shot.

Day 3 - Spent sometimes at the golf store today testing out some drivers. Worked on finding the ball better and working out some swing feels to produce a consistent shot. Found a better set up, and motion to produce a good result. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 12 - Putting challenge with my wife.

We spent about 10 minutes putting; aiming at different targets we set around the house.
The looser had to clean the kitchen.

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Worked on finding the ball better 

That is interesting, thank you for sharing. Could you elaborate on this for my own learning? 

Nave

Day 139: Putted on a yardstick for a bit today. Working on bead. It's time to start working more on short game and putting with the season (slowly) approaching.

-- Daniel

Day 232:

A far too short 30 minutes after a very busy day.

Mainly worked with my driver to try to feel a bit more comfortable with what one may call a basic shot and smoothness of the totality of the action.  

Mainly worked through my check list.  What made me happiest was not needing to take too much time to overthink.  From the first strike, it seemed almost effortless.  I was averaging good ball speed and I was hitting shots fairly straight with yardage averaging 210-220.  If I am able to do that tomorrow during the round I will smile broadly.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 390 - February 28, 2019 - Last day of February… Practiced putting on the velvet rolling pad. Helps to ensure and check for a good roll.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 145, March 1

Mirror work in the gym hitting foam balls again with a 6 iron. Focused on my priority piece trying to dial in the feel and get the results. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 233:

Day was not one for great or even consistent shots but I have learned a LOT about a few things.

Took a little more time than normal to fell fully wormed up.  I often warm up with y 6i, but it never felt comfortable in my hand.  So I switched over to my 50º wedge and shots started to flow and rise well.

My goal was go through my irons 5i-9i and continue to not the comfort and predictability of each shot, about 10-15 shots each over just under 2 hours.

One major structural correction was working on the pull that has entered my strokes after I eliminated my pull and wild hook.  Foot position, getting the hip to start weight shift before the hip turn (pulling from left side belt loop), and keeping hand in position took concentration more than adjustment.  And soon I was getting straighter results (with a nicer soft fade!)

It has become clear to me I need to either abandon for rounds or abandon over all 3 clubs: 5i, 6i and 8i.  All are older clubs carried over from some time ago.  While they fill in the gaps, the 5i and 8i rarely get used. 5i I am inconsistent  with almost always, 8i gives every mixed results both off turf and tee, living it over all no more valuable than a chipper, and less consistent.  6i, when "on" gets the best results overall but is not really a solid improvement over my hybrids in terms of distance.  My 5h is longer by an average of 25 yards according to top tracker. Note of the three have really wowed me in terms of ball speed.  They are 10 mph slower that other clubs.

In addition, they are the last of my non GMax irons, all are blades, shafted are labeled combo regular (what ever that equates to).

I am seriously planning on getting the 8i and, probably, 6i replaced as GMax with shaft and such to match my others.  If nothing else, the feel will not throw me off.  As a new 8i will hopefully become comfortable as a soft chipper, I will end up with a final count for clubs to 12, if I do not replace the 5i.

Will keep you informed on decisions and progress. 

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 140: Played 18 holes. First 6 holes were dogshit. But then I woke up and played the last 12 in +5, which is pretty solid. Ended up with a +14, 85 total. Not terrible, given the start. 

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 391 - March 1, 2019 - Worked hard on my "lay down and turn" feeling for 15-20 minutes. Sometimes the upper body would get a little ahead, so I still have to feel that I'm "turning" with the lower body too.

DAY 468   Spent 20 minutes on the range hitting shots to warm up for my lesson.  As everyone who has been reading my practice notes, I have been working on my backswing so I rotate more and sway - not at all.  So my coach, checked my set-up which was solid.  Then confirmed rotation and no swaying!!!  YEAH!! Though still work on the backswing to better synch my shoulders, arms and right hip.  So we did a couple of drills to help me get the feel....     Then I hit wedges to targets 60 and 80 yards away.  While my foot line was open, my shoulder line was closed!  Not good.  So he made a change to my shoulder line, which resulted in me having tigther dispersion around the targets. 

Then headed back to my club to work on the range for a little over an hour, ... specifically to improve my synch on my backswing.  A little challenging, but, made some progress...   Then back to my coach's home club, for the March session with Bill Nelson, the mental coach.  We built a Mental Blueprint for Improvement.  Each of us have very specific things we needed to work on.. and we will be checking on progress during the remainder of the semester. 

The picture below is a look out on my coach's practice area for his students.  That is my golf bag, and the PVC device to the left, allows a person to place his or her head against the extended arm, to get feedack on head movement in the backswing to impact.

TSGI range.jpg

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 4 - Worked on backswing stuff. Trying to feel a more stable/firm left leg and better swing paths.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: