IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 394 - March 4, 2019 - Installed new WiFi downtown and took photos of the Cobra F9, by which time @NatalieB wanted to leave… so I had to do mirror work in my French patio door reflection while listening to a podcast and thinking about some work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1: 

Getting back to it. Had my first private golf lesson on Friday so I got to work on the feels and moved that my pro has as my priority piece. Hit foam balls for twenty minutes with a pitching wedge in my garage. 

Day 143: Full swing mirror work. Just working on my backswing from A1 to A2, trying not to roll my wrists on the takeaway. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 149, March 5

Mirror work at the gym hitting foam balls. Focused on hips to target. I used the feel of the right arm coming through impact and extending as my hips turn. I did it with just the right arm and holding the 6 iron by the head. Then I would do a partial swing and try and get the same feel.

Follow with SS training inside. 104/108 again. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 236:

Continuing from yesterday, but adding 25 shots with my 3h. I spent the day trying, again, to get back to the physical aspects of my play, which have wondered off a bit.

Here is my usual warm-up about 15 minutes)

Holding a club in Front, 10-15 knee bends, slowly.

Holding a club in front, 10-15 bend from the waist, tees slightly bent, not as far as toe touches.

With the club handle on the ground, using it to help balance and focus on a steady head, 10-20 turns keeping lower half as steady as possible and turning only from waist up.

With the club handle on the ground, using it to help balance and focus on steady head, 10-20 turns keeping upper half as steady as possible and turning only from waist down.

20 Swings with the mighty Orange Whip® doing my best to find my good speed, allow for a good use moving the whole body.

I followed this with the 25 shots, all from off the turf.  Got great distance and good but not perfect loft.  I am using this club in leu of a 3 iron and 4 iron.  And, given the courses I play the most, I suspect it will not come into play too often.  But I want the club to become somewhat predictable, so that when I need to call upon its own special magic, the produces.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 472    Cold, windy, and a little rain... so time to practice indoors.  Spent time in my home office using my shortened 7 iron, working on my backwing... better synching of motion, and more right side flexion.   Wish I could go outside, but tomorrow looks to be the same.

• Administrator

Day 395 - March 5, 2019 - Did a lot of PVC construction for some training aids today, so only had time for "mirror" (patio door reflection) work while watching the hockey game.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 8 - Worked on the same backswing stuff today. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 426

Played another 18 holes today. With rain in the forecast, I thought I better play another round before everything gets wet.

Shot an 83, with 31 putts. Nothing real bad. I did misread a couple of putts though. Gives me a 4.52 average for 54 holes. I am good with that. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 144: Spent 5 minutes putting with the yardstick drill. Just working on my set up and making sure my start line is good. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 2:

Just 5 minutes or so of Mirror Work today. Working on takeaway feel and feeling more vertical in the backswing. 

Day 237:

After a warm-up routine, today was a focus on my 4h. Took a while of adjustment to feel good about foot placement and alignment, the end result was good. I was after using the 4h as a medium to replace my long irons.  I am now able to get a good long straight shot with the club. I need to work on getting that consistent sense of what I may expect every time I draw the club out of the bag.  I am starting to feel I will be able to stay away from 4i-6i and still have a very solid game I can enjoy.

The one thing I was happiest was taking good loft off of turf that ranged from rather beat up grass to grass barely covering dirt.  Obviously I would love a grass bed somewhat equal to my normal range's mats but one cannot expect that. I did have a few pulls to the left but none were awful. My pre-shot routine needs as well to make sure I know where the ball is in relation to address.

The new Gropius vision of "less is more" forces me to be more efficient in all aspects of the game with a bit of overlap.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 150, March 6

Mirror work at the gym hitting foam balls. 6 iron. Focus on hips to target and extending right arm after impact. Filmed the practice swings using Mirror Vision.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 396 - March 6, 2019 - Made a bunch of swings testing out my 9-iron on the SkyTrak to double-check a few things before I begin writing the review.

Day 3:

Great range session today. I was dog tired after work but made it out there. Worked my way through the bag and then focused on the 3W and Driver. Working hard on my feels from my lesson. Did quite a few pause swings from my position checkpoints and those turned out well and translated to a normal swing well. Hit irons solid and my 3W. Need to work on driver a bit though. Think I was teeing too high. 

Day 9 - Did some backswing work while cooking chili for the chili cook-off at work tomorrow. I am thinking a bit more shoulder tilt in the backswing will help the club path more naturally. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 427

Did a little chipping practice in my daughter's front  yard, this morning. I was just there watching workers replace windows in her home in case they needed something.

These were Paul Runyon chips I was working on. His/mine chipping stroke is identical to my putting stroke. Probably spent a couple hours off, and on working on this stroke, with my 9i. 

It is so easy, and accurate, I am surprised I don't see it being used by others more often when playing. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 473   I am fighting a cold and decided to stay inside today... BTW, I think the cold is winning :-(   So my 5 minutes of practice was in my office using my shortened 7 iron, taking slow practice swings... focusing on stability (no swaying) in my backswing, and better synching up my arms, shoulders, etc. on the takeaway and to a position where the club is parallel to the ground.