IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 252

Practiced what I would call situational golf.

I imagined a need to make a shot.  I would aim at various spots on the range, say greens 50-110-158-210 yards away.

I would then choose a club to make those shots, be it a 50º or 60º wedge, or a 9i to clear a near the green "water hazard", or a 3h, or 4h to attack the 110 or 158 greens or my Driver to furthest green with the goal of leaving me, at worst, with a simple chip of some sort to the green.

Happy with the results and with all clubs over all.  Though, to be honest a few left me with no option other than to let an invective pass my lips!

Only the question of how to take this from the range to the course on a consistent basis remains!

• Like 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 159: Spent a little time working on my putting. Working on making sure my grip is good, and that I'm good at set up. Trying to get my eyes over the ball, and the shaft leaned a bit more forward.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 12.  I somehow didn't use the hangar at the office, but I did club-across-chest work when I got home.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 410 - March 20, 2019 - Played nine holes with @NatalieB yesterday. I didn't get the chance to post about it yesterday, so I'm not claiming it for today per se, but you can miss 2 out of the past 30 days, anyway, so still good. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 442

Just some putting practice this morning on unfamiliar greens. 

Focuses were on new reads, and back strokes for ball speed. 

Had some 3 putts, lots of 2 putts, and a few 1 putts. First putt distances ranged from 10' footers to 20+/- footers. Also did the cw/ccw rotations of the practice pins. 

It was a good morning on slow, damp greens. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 488    Spent 1/2 hour on the range warming up and doing a couple of drills to help with the swing improvements I have been working on.  Then had an hour long lesson with my coach.   We could see progress, and I was assigned one more drill to add to the other four I am doing to improve my swing.  I am hitting the ball so much better than a few months back.

Headed to the putting green for an hour to work with the Pelz Putting Tutor and the Teacher Clips to improve starting the ball on line and more centeredness of hit.

I keep hoping to get out and play some golf, however, the courses are SOOOO crowded with the "Snowbirds"... it will thin out soon as they begin to head North.

Day 165, March 21

Worked on getting the hips more open at impact with 7 iron and driver. This is part of my PP progression. Filmed some slower swings to see progress.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 253:

Went to the sand trap/chip practice area of the range.  

Took 15 shot practicing a chip and run taking up the whole green as well as 15 softer chip/putts from off the green to a cup 5-8' from the ball.  Need to do this more often, especially the softer chips.  The goal was to leave a decent chance of a one putt, but I often overpowered the ball and ran well past a perfect range.  I was usually on line, and a few rimmed the cup but were simply too hard.  Probably will do this again tomorrow as well as some sand trap work.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 160: More putting work today. Working on set up and making sure I have a bit of shaft lean at address. Then doing a little bit of yardstick putting.

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 411 - March 21, 2019 - Tried out the Putting Perfecter. I like it. Can even work with chipping.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 13:

Yesterday was second missed day of the cycle. Today was Mirror Work on the backswing. Tomorrow I’ll be back at the range!

Day 13.  I understand why business travelers fall behind in their golf practice.  After seven hours of travel, though, the first thing I wanted to do was the hangar drill I've been doing (hangar in place of a club across my chest).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 443

Out early this morning. Other things to do today. 

Practiced short game, forced carries of 20, and 40 yards. The carry was over a bunker, with 3-4 foot high burm behind it, to a pin 5+/- yards from the bunker.

Idea was to land the ball on the back side, down slope of the burm, so the ball would run/bounce towards the flag. That, or flop, and drop the ball near the flag. 

A couple of balls didn't carry the burm, rolled back into the bunker, and became bunker practice shots. 

All lies were from 2 day old grassy turf, in the short game practice area. .

Focus was on my set up to pull off these shots. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 166, March 22

Mirror work at the gym focusing on hips turning through impact an at target at A8-9. Followed with SS training, 103/104 today with the green. A bit slower than I hoped.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 489    Spent 3 hours at the course working on my game.   Two hours on the range doing 5 different drills all focused on two things.... more sidebend at the top of my backswing without letting my left shoulder touch my chin, AND initiating the downswing with my hips so I can be more open at impact and more onto my left side.   Then headed over to the chipping/pitching area where I worked on technique with my 20-25 yard pitch shots, then hitting to a target with my 7- iron as I was chipping around the green (this latter part of my game has really shaped up over the last couple of months!).

Now home and about to spent time with my KPlayer doing 4 different drills... which match the same things I am trying to improve as I work on the range.

• Administrator

Day 412 - March 22, 2019 - Full swing practice. To the top, laid off/falls against right trigger finger, pivot through. Still weird how it squares up… even though I understand everything about it.

Day 161: Doing more putting work. Set up and shaft lean. Plus some yardstick putts.

-- Daniel