IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 6: Went to the driving range tonight. Hit balls for 25 minutes and putted for 25 minutes. Working on the feel of keeping my head back in the downswing. Also checked my launch angle with the driver on my Mevo. Everything looks ideal. Then worked on lag putting, and mixed in some short putting, too.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 477

Just a continuation of working on a faster swing with tee'd up balls. 

Focuses were on swinging the club head faster, while staying balanced.

Goal is to get some extra yardage off tee shots. 

It's coming along.........

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 522   Hit the range early this morning so I could get in 2 solid hours of practice before my lesson.   Continued to work on rotating on my backswing versus swaying, and staying in my posture through the downswing and starting the downswing with my pelvis.   I have been hitting lots of good shots the last few days, and hoped that it showed when under the microscope of my coach.  He was pleased with the progress and the way I am hitting the ball.   I will continue to work on these same things so I can get better and better.

Then he had me hit some 10-15 yard shots, essentially short pitches... and again I made progress from last lesson.  This is my weakest area, and I am trying to "eliminate the yips".  Out of 20 shots I only "yipped 2!"  Which for me is excellent - almost the reverse of my last lesson where I "yipped 18/20".   So back at it again tomorrow.  Prepping for a playing lesson on Monday afternoon.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

4/25/19:

Day Two:

See got you guys counting days. Worked mostly on my weight shift one swing thought, right foot to left foot in downswing did this while waiting for lunch.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 199, April 25

Worked on the same feels as yesterday, getting hands lower at A6. Making some progress.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 288:

The AAS is making me physically and mentally worked out!

Still, arose at 7:15 an did about 20 minutes of foot and mirror work before breakfast and getting off to the meeting!

Will be another day of this tomorrow with first return to range on Saturday.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 7: Mirror work today. Working on keeping my head back on the downswing still.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 446 - April 25, 2019 - Slow swings, same as the day before. Feeling good about these. Going to start speeding it up just a little. Or mixing the faster swings in a little.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 478

Worked on +/- 100 yard shots this morning. I say +/- because I never hit any ball an exact yardage unless I am extremely lucky. Also these were carry yardages to a pin 100 yards away. Thicker, taller grass did not allow for much roll after the carry. 

Focuses were on set up, ball position in my stance, intermediate target club face aim, and just putting a good, easy tempo swing on the ball. 

The goal was to land the ball on, or near the 100 yard pin.

I was in the short game practice area, so I was able to use my own practice balls. I hit 56 of these shots. 

Might play 18 holes later. That would give me four rounds of playing for a score this week. The weather is great, and I am feeling good about my game. 

In My Bag:

4/26/19:

Day Three:

I get the suspicion my handicap is going to go down at the next revision.

Played 9 holes this morning shot 34. You read that correctly 34. I'm a 6.7 Index, you don't shoot 34 for nine holes very often. 2 birdies and 7 pars. No 5s. I birdied the par 5s and parred everything else. 7/9 GIR 9/9 nGIR 4/7 fairways 14 putts, zero stress.

Edited by onthehunt526
  • Like 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

DAY 523    A three hour day at Legacy Golf Club working on my game.  The first two hours were doing drills and hitting balls based on my lesson yesterday.  I continue to work on my takeaway (rotating versus swaying), the initiation of my downswing (using my hips) and staying in posture through the swing.   Do a drills times, then hit a ball trying to maintain the feel.  Swing the Orange Whip to improve tempo and get more stretch, .... then do a drill, ..... tiring, but helping.  Then for the last hour, I was on the putting green working through drills to help with long putts.   I have an upcoming trip where there will be very large greens, so I want to work on my lag putting.

Day 200, April 26

Light day today with chipping in the basement. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 289:

Last day away from range or course.

Again, morning exercises and mirror worked which focused on a good routine for lower body before, during, or after the swing.  Will put to full use tomorrow 

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 479

Chip/putt practice this morning.

Same routine as always. Using one ball, from various areas around the green, I chip the ball to various pins. The goal is to chip the ball into the the hole, or close enough for an easy one putt.

I do this for 18 pins, looking to average less than three strokes per pin. < 2.25 is a good number for me.  

Focuses are on initial green reads for the chip, landing area, set up and stance, club face alignment using an intermediate target, and putting a good stroke on the ball. These focuses are pretty much the same for the putt(s) on missed chip shots. 

This morning's practice was a little different than usual. Of the first 6 pins I chipped too, I holed out 4 of them, and one putted the other two. Figured it was best to leave well enough alone. 

In My Bag:

4/27/19:

Day Four:

Short swings with a 8i this morning more work on weight shift. Sticking to my simple thought of right foot left foot.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 201, April 27

Worked on the same items hitting into my net. Worked with multiple clubs.

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 524  Spent a couple of hours on the range, then 45 minutes chipping (still working hard to get rid of the yips!!)   Then after lunch played 18 holes.   I shot 81 (4 double bogies killed me... and all of them due to the chipping yips!!)   So I threw away 4 shots plus...  the rest of my game is coming around very well.... now keep grinding and hopefully eliminate the chipping issue... soon... please!! :-)