IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

5/19/19:

Day Twenty-five:

Just trying to get the weight shift correct some more right foot to left foot. When balance is your only swing thought, you hit some pretty nice shots when you stay in balance.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 311:

Started out today with a rather un-rushed and un-pushed warm up for my round of the day at the course I tended to play in a mediocre manner last week.

The warm-ups were good, with particular kudos to the driver.  I was able to get 200-215 in the air and, for me, exceptional ball speeds around 115.  They continued on in the round.  My 8i was solid, though not used in the round. The hybrids did their duty well.  Putting was better.

Match was one of my better ones of the year. 86 total smacks. 4 par, with alas, no birdies. 12 bogies with 4 double bogies. Only penalty was a sunken sailor that sailed a tad long. 7 FIR, 4 GIR.

It was the close game that needed a bit more concentration. Almost all of the extra strokes were added by 9i and 50º.  Some were the result of needing a little more club, and most of the 50º were aiming needs witch added an extra stroke or even two.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 546   With the temperature at 90 degrees, I decided to focus on my putting, ... did a lot of work with the Pelz Putting Tutor, and Pelz Putting Clips, .. then drills at the 3 and 4 feet distance around the hole.   After about 90 minutes on the putting green, I decided to go to the range to hit my new Ping G410 irons.  Unfortunately I was sooo tired, I hit less than 10 balls, and just came home.  Needing a LOT of rest today.

Day 219, May 19

Pitching practice in long grass in the backyard. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 471 - May 19, 2019 - Putting work. A good twenty minutes. Mostly while helping @NatalieB.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 30: Played 18 holes today.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 18.  I hit a dozen quarter swings with my U-iron.  I messed this shot up twice yesterday, so I had to hit some today to get good ones in my head.  Will do outdoors before too long, too.

Also hit 30 balls with a 7-iron, flighted shots.  Those and the dozen quarter swings were indoors, real balls, off a mat, and into a net.

I also did 10 reps of the medicine ball drill from LSW.  I also moved that medicine ball from my bedroom to the golf room. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 220, May 20

Mirror work at the gym focusing on my PP. Working on the feel of hips and shoulders turning more a A6 to A7.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/20/19:

Day Twenty-six:

Worked on my clock "feels" with my 56°, AW, and PW this morning. Maintaining balance. But mainly figuring out how far each wedge goes with different length swings. Finally back on the train. 405 days is my personal best. So let's keep going for a while.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 1: 

I have been practicing and generally playing better but haven't kept up with this thread. Here we go: Played SG 30 today. started miserably, but got better. 33 balls for 30 points mainly because I bladed three balls across the green. May need to watch the quick pitching video again. 

Day 502  I was going to do my pitch-chip-putt practice routine this morning. How ever at yesterday's senior league get together, I won another raffle. I have been pretty lucky lately, after going almost a year not winning anything.

This time it was a "Moon Wood 8,  35"/28*" club. I never heard of them before yesterday.  It's advertised as a 7i swing, and the latest, greatest, shot saving club to hit the market. Supposed to deliver more accuracy, higher ball flights, more distance, which equates to green stopping abilities.

So this morning's practice was hitting a basket of balls with my newest shot saving miracle. 😄

Focus was on set up, ball position and club face aim. 

My goal was just to see what this club could do for me, if anything. That, and getting in a bunch full practice swings. 

I found I already have a club in my iron bag, that's close to 20 years old, that does the same thing. They even look the same.....sort of.

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 547   Wow it is getting into the 90s early these days!!!   Spent almost 2 hours on the putting green working through a couple of drills and some work with the Pelz Putting Tutor, then headed to the chipping/pitching area for 45 minutes to work exclusively on technique... hitting 15-20 yard pitch shots...  Making some progress in this area... i

Day 312:

Took a good long early AM warm-up prior to a run around a course.  I felt I was striking the ball solidly and getting fairly good response in terms of loft and accuracy.

The main objectives were not only to do my best to score well, but, to take note of my distances for the clubs I used.  I have been noticing that I have been playing long on most of my hits lately, so I needed to find accurate distances given club and ball as opposed to what I had been hitting at the range.

Course is 6,100 yards, 69.4/130

I did not have all my clubs in my bag for today's game.  I used 50º, 60º,  6i, 7i, 9i, 3h, 5h, GX-7 (as 3w) and my driver. Of course I had a putter as well.  I chose these clubs as they were the clubs I used the last time I played this course.

Score was an 89.  Bit higher than last time due to mediocre putting and a few mis-played wedges.  The absence of the 56º was noticeable as I hit a few 50º both off line and a bit too hard.

Only 3 penalties, unfortunately off the tee, 2 OB, 1 splasher.  All three were to the left. 37 puts, but 6 of those were from about 6'. 

On the longer 4s and the 5s, I was getting good drives of about 230+ what ever the roll was. On the shorter 4s and one long three, the GX-7 came through as expected at 185-90 before roll.

The 6i and 7i gave expected results though I tended to be left on quite a few shots.  Same for the hybrids. Accuracy was more of a problem than distance.  I have started to think about 1 club different in my new thinking on what a club may do.  I will generally think of 10 yards longer in my range work/club and practices.

I will be playing a course at week's end that demands my bag to be fairly full of options.  I will add the 56º, 8i, 4h, and 7i/w.  Again to work on club selection and to note yardage on the results.

I have a few competitive "friendlies" in my near future and hope to increase my ability to plan out a round a lot better.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 472 - May 20, 2019 - Did a little putting when I had a few minutes at Oak Hill today. That's about all I had time to do, except a tiny bit of short game stuff in helping @NatalieB practice at home late in the evening.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 31: Did full swing mirror work today. Working on keeping my head a little more back in the backswing and steady on the downswing. Looking pretty good, actually.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 19.  After work, 30 minutes in my golf room;  trouble shots (partial swings to hit it low with a 5-iron), "full" 7-iron shots (i.e., flighted), and some quarter swings with the U-iron.  Real balls, off a mat, into a net, indoors. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 503-Worked with my full swing,  long clubs this morning. (D-7w & 5i-6i)

Focus was on using an abbreviated, set up, preshot routine. I also used the range's flag pins for a make shift, skinny fairway. 25 yards wide maybe?

I hit one club, one ball at a time. After each swing, I would take a few steps to my bag, replace the club, and get a different one. Then use my preshot routine to set up, and hit the next shot. 

My goal was to keep ball flights, and landings in side the skinny fairway. Near misses were acceptable.

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 548  Out by 7 a.m. to avoid the summer heat.  Spent an hour on the range working on the six positions in the six, taught at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy.  Then another hour plus, in the short game area hitting 15-20 yard pitches to an elevated green with both my 52 and 56 degree wedges.  Worked on technique and some on distance control.