IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 479 - May 27, 2019 - I'm counting the many, many hours spent conversing with a good buddy and fellow PGA Tour instructor today as my work. Plus I made some putting motions with him in the hotel room. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 38: Full swing mirror work. Working on my weight shift in the backswing, along with making sure my club doesn't get outside of my hands at A2.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

5/27/19:

Day 33:

Played 18 holes today. Shot 74. The driver rounded out, considering on Friday I was hitting a hook (not a pull hook). I hit driver well. My irons were on point hit 11/18 GIR all the rest were nGIR. I have played seven times this year, and not made one double bogey. What's going on?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 8:

More work on just my set up. Should be able to do a little more tomorrow. Hopefully some short game practice. 

DAY 555   Out at 7 in at 9.  I already have my putting practice done for the day.   Two drills.   25 in a row from 3 feet, and then 20 in a row from 20, 30 and 45 feet hit into a three foot circle around the hole.  The toughest thing for me to do during these drills is remain focused.  I am out there for 90 minutes and hit 85-100 putts, and each one counts.   Mental toughness gets tested!!

Day 509. At the Avi/Mojave Golf Resort this morning. Just finished up some warm ups on the driving range. This,  in preparation for an 18 hole round in a few minutes. 

Went through most of my bag, finishing up with my trusty 3W, which is what I will use off the first tee. Probably for my second shot too. 

Once warmed up I hit a variety of shots., using 1/2, 3/4, and full swings. This course is pretty wide open, but the hazards require some preshot thoughts. 

The only focuses, and goals were to just put a good "smack" on the ball.  I did spend a few extra swings on 7W punch shots. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

5/28/19:

Day 34:

Worked on ball position today. Mostly trying to catch ball first more than that slightly behind. I moved to ball back a lot then started moving forward until I got the most solid contact that I could. Seems like I had it about 3 inches too far forward. That made a huge difference.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 228, May 28

Neck is feeling better so I did about 1/2 hour of mirror swings at the gym at ~70%. Focused on pre-shot routine and holding finish more with emphasis on more hip turn at A6 and A7.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 39: Full swing mirror work again. Working on combining some stuff - weight shift off the ball a bit, keeping head back in downswing, and making sure the club's not outside my hands at A2. Seems complicated, but it's just making sure all the pieces are coming together. I thought it looked pretty good.

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 480 - May 28, 2019 - A little short game practice on the tee boxes at the Memorial in the morning.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 9: 

Well instead of short game practice I did some full swing mirror work. The changes I have been working on since March are feeling more and more natural. Even better my handicap for the rounds since my lesson in March have me at about an 18. Hope to get there overall for sure. 

Day 321:

75 minutes at a practice green at a local course.

Played 3 balls towards each hole 3x around.  Main goal was both aligning the putt and and hitting the putt with enough speed.

Mixed results with some ending a it past the gopher hole, and some short.  Each round got a bit better, but not really acceptable as a whole.

With each circuit, I slowed down the prep process before each tap. I rarely. rush myself when I pay, but for some reason I started quickly.  

Today was so mediocre, I will do the same tomorrow.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 510. Yesterday while playing, I had a problem with some of my green side lob shots staying reasonably close to my chosen line. That's what I worked on this morning.

Open club face, with an open stance. My focus was on making the two positions match up with each other.

A club face too much open in relation to my open stance, would send the ball right of my target. Not open enough would send the ball left of my target. 

Looking back, this set up was something I had not paid much attention too (neglected) in past practices.

This morning's goal was to get the ball landing on a line closer to my target. 

What had happened was, I just got away from what looked right at my set up. Just aiming the the open club face, square to my targeted was not enough. This visual error on my part, cost me 3-5 strokes yesterday. Most of the adjustment needed, was in my open stance. 

All is well now. I will be playing another 18 today. I hope to improve on yesterday's 87 score. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 556   Quiet morning at home, working on my swing in my home office with my shortened 7 iron.  Mostly backswings with my left leg back so I am rotating on my backswing.   Feels great!!

Day 229, May 29

Mirror work at the gym focused on hip turn from the top and pre-shot routine.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 10:

Hit practice balls with my 5 iron today. Worked on my feels a bit but worked at a much faster speed than my usual backyard practices. Was hitting the ball very very well. 

• Administrator

Day 481 - May 29, 2019 - A few minutes of work with the Putting Perfecter, but really, the best thing was getting some time in with the full swing again. Very grateful for this.

Day 40: Full swing mirror work again. Working on combining my feels again. Club not outside of my hands at A2, a little weight shift as I begin the swing, and keeping my head back in the downswing. Pretty happy with it. Think I'm going to play some good golf this weekend with them.

-- Daniel