IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 1: 

Worked on my full swing a bit today over lunch at the range. Just used my 6 iron and worked on swing positions and hit a small bucket of balls. Probably worked too fast. Was able to correct some things though. Would have played a fade today thats for sure. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 567    Spent two hours at the range... the humidity and temperature, just wears me out.   I am continuing to work on the same issues, rotation versus sway on the backswing, and staying in posture through the swing (no early extension).   I may be working on these the rest of "my natural born days!!"     Also I am learning the feel of my new Ping G410 irons.  The sound coming off the face is very different than the 914 Titleist AP1s that I had before.  

One interesting thing for yesterday is that as I finished practicing and was heading toward my car, 4 visitors were walking between the range and the street!! 

Deer best.JPG

• Administrator

Day 493 - June 10, 2019 - Fifteen minutes with my backswing, shallowing the club, and pivoting through. Got back to some good feelings that I'd gotten away from with a play-heavy schedule.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 343:

With temp of 108 and very poor air quality, not a day for this old geezer to spend outdoors.

So day for continued work on posture and such with significant mirror work, followed by 30 minutes or so of indoor putting!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 39.  Had some insight, I thought, on the way home from work, so I went to my practice room and hit two dozen full swings (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls) on my latest priority piece.  Everything felt great there, so I went to the range to see the actual ball flight and hit terribly.  Yikes!  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 241, June 10

This post got stuck in the editor for some reason. Did mirror work at lunch then did some work with the 7 iron after work hitting into my net. Focused on coming is a little steeper at impact.

Day 242, June 11

Playing 18 today with my oldest friend once the rain clears.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 523. Got out early this morning and played 18 holes. 

Carded an 81 (41/40) with 31 putts. 

Our area is under high, triple digit temp warnings today and tomorrow. 

My shot of the day was a 50+/- yard, lob shot, hole out for a par. Made a couple long putts too to save some strokes.

Might go back later, and play another 18. I will use a cart this time.....

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 2: 

Spent my lunch break working on my short game. Much needed area of improvement right now. I have been using too much lower body. Watched the Quick pitching tutorial on here, then practiced the feelings today. Rough start to the session, but got much better as time went on.  

Day 344

Today reminded me of that old broadway tune Too Darned Hot!

100 at 10:00 AM

But I did get out bright and early to hit 40 shots with my driver just to keep the muscles active. 

It felt good to take full shots, and the range I go to has shade at the bays and fans running. So at 7:30 AM it was ok.  I was not the only one to think so as it was fairly full at that time. Should be reasonable (only in 90s) next week.

Ball speeds were, for me good at an average of 110 with yardage of 210 before rolls.  The roll looked good adding, I would suspect 10 or so yards.  And, if I add 10 more yards due to using range balls I was getting about a net drive of 230 or so.  A few looked longer, a few shorter.  I am now basing my yardage on how far out I know flags to be.  Perhaps I will get a scope one of these days.

I was able to keep the swing comfortable and without tension.  I was not trying to see use how far I could power the ball.

Direction was good, met had a nice soft draw finish.  I have begun to make a bit of an aim adjustment to allow for that.  I did pull one or two a bit; that is a part of my game I need to get a better grip on (pun well intended).

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 53: Went to the range and worked on my swing for about half an hour. Working on a bit of weight shift off the ball, as well as keeping my club outside my hands from A1 to A2. Also worked on knockdown and half wedges. Things looked pretty good, but my back is a little tight, so it wasn't the best contact. Oh well.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

DAY 568   Spent 30 minutes on the range working on rotating more on my backswing versus swaying... making some progress.  Then spent 60 minutes with my golf coach.  Again working on rotating more on my backswing...I finally think I have a mental picture that will enable me to do this properly!!!   On a more positive side, I have made great progress on my short (15-25 yard) pitch shots.... my technique is better, my contact is better, and my distance control and trajectory control has improved significantly.  Now back to practice!!

Almost forgot to enter this information... yes I know it is 5 minutes past midnight!! :-) 

Day 40.  Taking many slow, exaggerated practice swings at home.  Exaggerating the priority piece from evolvr.  Indoors, but I didn't hit a ball as part of this today. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 524. Played 18 holes this morning. Beat most of the heat.

Shot an 82 (42/40) with 29 putts. Except for an ugly 3 putt for a bogey, it was pretty normal round for me. 

Focus again was on staying hydrated. Staying hydrated in the desert is pretty important. It's also easy to do. I just start my hydration process the day before my physical activity. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 569   Spent a couple of hours on the range working through the two drills I was assigned yesterday.  One to help with rotation on the backswing and the other helps with my impact position.   Lots of off ball drills, then hit a ball.  Hitting about 5-10% now the "right way".

Then headed to the chipping/pitching green for an hour working through pitches from 5-20 yards off the green.  Still working in a focused manner on technique, which is resulting in more shots hit with better contact.

Day 3:

Mirror work today. My takeaway is the best it’s been, but still working on the transition from the initial takeaway to the top of my backswing. Still can get flat at times. 

Day 243, June 12

Worked on setup and alignment with 7, 4 and Driver. Filmed it. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 345

Still dangerously hot for old geezers,  93º when I finished chipping practice 8:30AM.  Will top out at about 112º.

I worked only my 50º for 30 minutes, primarily working on aiming at a green 110 yards out.  In general, distance was good with landing most shot in the center of the green, near the pin placement.  I hit a few long runners when I did not get under enough to have the loft bite.  

Tomorrow should be the last of the brutally hot days. By weekend we should only hit 101º

:8):tumble:

Edited by DrMJG

Day 54: Full swing mirror work. Working on the same stuff - keeping the club outside of my hands from A1 to A2, along with a little more weight shift off the ball at the start of my swing.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: