IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 57:

2633565_D7CYP7RB.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Good ball striking day; mediocre putting day.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 6:

Played around with and eventually purchased a new set of irons (gently used actually). AeroBurners to hopefully replace my Superfast 2.0 set. Get a thirty day testing period with them so we will see if they are gamers for me or not. 

Day 44.  A busy non-golf social calendar didn't stop me from doing ten minutes in my indoor golf room at the end of the day.  Focusing on exaggerating the latest priority piece.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 528. Just a little carpet putting this morning. 

Same carpet routine as always. Pacticing rolling straight putts over a dime about 18"-20" inches in front of the ball. 

Quick and easy. Bunch of other stuff to do today. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 247, June 16

Range work today with wedges, short irons and driver. Focused on set up and alignment. Didn’t film due to threat of rain. Finished with pitches, chips and sand to various targets.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 348 (Forgot to post Saturday; friend unexpectedly visited)

Saturday was nothing spectacular, so it is now a missed day! ARRGH!

Sunday was 18 holes.  Warm-up was solid, nice work on the range after physical warm-ups and the Whip.  

Played a familiar course.  Weather was coolest it has been in almost two weeks. 

5578 from forward tees, 73.20/128, no significant wind

Total: 94 with 39 Putts (one of my poorest this year, left way too many longer putts)

10 penalty assessments, 4 OB, 2 went for a swim.  OB shots finished left and 3 of 4 were barely OB, but they were OB. Playing partner I was assigned seemed somewhat shocked I counted all the penalties and I am sure he used his foot wedge a few times! I tended to ignore him.

6 FIR and 0 GIR. 5 Pars, 6 Bogies, 5 DB and 2 TB. So, about an average round. Handicap is now 17.2.  

I am consistently in the mid 90's, some times higher, some lower.  Seem to have settled into a base for most rounds.  Tend to play from forward tees with 5600-5900 lengths.  After all the rounds now, I write down specific swing or round planning items to work on during the week.  

If weather cools down the week, will try to get out twice on a course.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 45.  Played 18 at my home course.  A friend of mine had his round for the individual match play today and I tagged along to help fill out the group (this is done to avoid issues that can result if a random pairing person interferes with the match, probably unintentionally)

First 16 holes only one six.  Then I bogeyed the closing two par-5s :-(  Still shot an 86, which I'm happy with.  Check it out:

2635332_xqpr0zAk.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Also my half wedges are going further than they used to, and I need to start thinking about how heavy grass affects the shot I want to hit when I'm pitching or chipping. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

DAY 573    Spent an hour today on the putting green.... working on reads and long putts (20-40 feet).   Just trying to get used to the green speeds... and contours of a new course I have not played before.

• Administrator

Day 499 - June 16, 2019 - Played nine holes with the kiddo in the fog. Her range finder sucks - it kept saying 10.0, or 9.9, or 11.4 yards in the fog. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 58: Did some full swing mirror work, working on the same things. Club head outside the hands until A2, a little bit of a weight shift in the takeaway.

-- Daniel

Day 529. Range work this morning. Actually just losening up, and dealing with a minor hang over.

Using my "iron bag", I hit about 50-60 balls. Used every club (2-lw &  4W) except my putter. 

Full, 3/4, and 1/2 swings, at various range targets. Most shots were off the turf, and some were tee'd up. 

Playing 18 holes in a little bit as a walk on. 

In My Bag:

Day 248, June 17

Mirror work today focusing on setup, alignment and centered hip turn.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8:

Yesterday I did nothing but watch Golf , but nothing to work on my own game so I’ll take a missed day on that one. Tonight I watched the quicky pitching video a few times and practiced the pivot through. The hinge and the float loads feeling I get...the pivot needs work. 

Day 59: Full swing mirror work again today. Working on keeping my club outside my hands at A2 still, along with a little weight shift on the takeaway.

-- Daniel

DAY 574. Played 18 at a new course.   Shot 81..with 2 lost balls...and struggling with the distances of my new irons.  Then spent 1 hour on the range working on tempo.

.can't figure out how to bold and make red when entering with my cellphone 

Day 349:

Mainly practicing on the putting green to keep a better aim line on direct putts, as this green has few really rolling design matters.

A bit better at keeping a solid roll and within 6' I was almost deadly.  Beyond 10' I needed to keep it such that the next putt was almost a tap in.

Over all not too bad but not perfect either.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I tried posting this last night around 10:20 PM local time, but the site went down and I was unable to get back.  I hope this can constitute recording practice log.  

Day 46.  I meant to do a quick few minutes of practice about three hours ago.  I had just seen my latest evolvr lesson and knew what I had to work on and how.  I went up to my indoor golf room (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls) to do so.  Slow swings, exaggerating my priority piece (deals with weight shift and turn).  After a dozen, though, I wanted to hit longer clubs and see the ball flight.  So off I went to a night-lit range a few minutes' drive from me.  There, I took about 90 minutes to hit a small bucket (30 balls) -- lots of slow practice swings and slow real swings.  And lots of great contact too.  

I also spent ten minutes putting, 6' 9' 12' 15', but the place was closing so I went home.  Also I haven't had dinner yet.  But the last three hours were well worth it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 530. Played another 18 holes, and carded an 84. 41/43 & 33 putts. 

Didn't putt very well. Although most of my putts were really, really close, quite a few just didn't make the extra little rotation to drop. 

No worries. There is always a next time.

In My Bag: