IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 360

Today ended up being a day of physical exercises to keep all motions lined up.  Started with knee bends, arm work, rotation movements, foot motion and ways to keep the head down.  In short, all of the various ways, save for the whip, I get the body active before range work.

about 35 minutes all together.

Rest of today was dedicated to the USWNT in France.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 541. Worked with two drivers this morning. One, my main gamer, is a component, square, low profile, 10.5, 460cc. The other is a Tour Edge, normal roundish, 12.0, 460cc. Both have identical shafts.

Focuses were on setup, club face aim, one piece take away, smooth transition into the down swing, and easy follow through after ball impact. 

Goal was to see if the 12.0* driver would give me a few mor yards, due to sending the ball higher. 

There was no noticeable gain in carry yardage with the 12.0* club, although accuracy was a bit better with it.

Another issue with the 12.0 club was I felt like I was swinging it slower, due to the larger head, vs the more streamline 10.5. "Swoosh" resistance maybe? Idk.....lol

The larger, 12.0 club shape also seemed a bit more awkward to swing, (balance) which could account for the slower feeling club head speed. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 20:

Hit foam balls with my 7 iron today. Focused on takeaway position and my “over the line” feel at the top. 

Day 58.  Played 18, played really well for 14 of the holes (all except 9, 12, 13, and 18).  Lost my mind when hitting my approach on #12, put it into a bunker.  Didn't find my mind until damage was done:  tripled that hole and hit the tee shot O.B. on the par-3 next.  Still had an 87 that could have been really low.  :-( 

My best driving round in a very long time.  SLD 2.15.  Good approach game today, SLA 4.13 (including the O.B. on #13, of course).   My short game came together well, too, at SLSG 1.48 -- although hitting 8 GIR, plus another green hit from outside of 100 yards helps the SLSG stat too.  It only now dawns on me why the lower handicaps have such better SLSG averages:  they hit more greens (and, presumably, their missed greens are in better spots). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 361

If I survive the next 3 days of heat, I will be most happy.

116 so far today.  

Planning for the heat I did a very early 20 shots with my 6i.  More to take a few full swings than to work on anything in particular.  Just too warm to concentrate beyond that level.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 586    The best I could do today was 5 minutes of work with my shortened 7 iron in my home office... working on rotation in the backswing and maintaining my spine angles on the through swing.    I am totally exhausted!!! I just returned from a two week trip to Nebraska to play several of the Golfweek Magazine List of Top Courses You Can Play....  lots of rounds of golf, almost 1300 miles of driving, ...  Sometime this week I will post about the trip.

Day 261, June 30

For some reason my post were still in the editor.

Today I worked on my hip and shoulder turn through impact. Did a rehearsal to A7, then did slow swings through to A9. Worked with 7 iron and driver.

Finished with pitch and chipping in the yard to a target.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 542 Just another chip & putt practice day. Being an outlier, my short game around the green is pretty darn important to my scoring.

Focuses were on green reads. Landing areas for chips. Set up. Alignment. Club selection for the carry & roll needed. Club face aim. The usual stuff I concentrate on with this combination of shots. 

Goal was to chip the ball into the cup, or atleast  leaving the ball in a high percentage, one putt position. 

As I have posted before, my chipping, and putting strokes are identical. I have copied Paul Runyon's chip/putt method. It affords me more accuracy, and roll control on the chip stroke. Easy to learn too.

Today was a competitive practice for me. A guy sharing the green with me, offered the competition, and I accepted.

We played 36 various cup placements, from various areas off the green. Took turns deciding on the locations of the initial chip, and cup to aim at.

After showing him my chipping stroke, he is now a fan of the Runyon chip/putt stroke. I let him know to check You Tube for full info on the shot. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:

Day 363:

New toys to help on days when 115º+ is not just theoretical, I got a small hitting mat, chipping target and some cotton golf balls so practice short chips. Combined with my putting mat, I now have enough to focus, even imperfectly, on some golf action on days, when combined with air quality, which are not good for us older types.

Wife happy as it keeps me out of mischief and off the lounge chair.

Today's time was 50 minutes or so.

The north may have winter doldrums, here in AZ older types are off the course due to heat.  At least we can practice in the AC.

• Like 1

Day 21:

Hit foam balls with 5 iron today. Hit some really good ones and some really bad ones. Ok day I guess. Just ready for dry weather. I wanna play!

22 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

All that driving must have included some 300 yard drives to get that much mileage...

I wish it were true.   I rented a car in Omaha, drove to the western part of the state to Ogalla, then north to Valentine, then heading east to Niobrara, then back to Omaha, ... there were a few zigzags to play golf and to aviod the rains.  The Hertz rental said I drove 1290 miles!!! 

And not a single 300 yard drive to be had... though there were a few 250s!! 

DAY 587    Still recovering from the trip and catching up.  So stayed indoors, and worked with my shortened 7 iron for some swings.... focusing on my backswing and staying in posture on my downswing.   Took slow swings to focus on movement and positions.

Tomorrow back outdoors!!!   

Day 59.  Played 18 as the final round of club's fourball championship.  I played well enough if it were stroke play, not great, but not poor for the most part.  But we lost 4&3, so not that good.   

2652522_H2XC9IDP.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 262, July 1

Played a local par 3 by myself and worked on a few things. It was not crowded so I tried different things off the tee like full PW, 3/4 8 on same 120 yard hole just to try it out. Also worked on my alignment at address. My normal shot pattern is a high draw that is curving 10-15 yard with an 8 or 7 iron. If I open the face too much, straight push. So I just need to trust it for now.

Also did short game work and sand shots. Still need lots of work on sand.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 542 Just another chip & putt practice day. Being an outlier, my short game around the green is pretty darn important to my scoring.

Focuses were on green reads. Landing areas for chips. Set up. Alignment. Club selection for the carry & roll needed. Club face aim. The usual stuff I concentrate on with this combination of shots. 

Goal was to chip the ball into the cup, or atleast  leaving the ball in a high percentage, one putt position. 

As I have posted before, my chipping, and putting strokes are identical. I have copied Paul Runyon's chip/putt method. It affords me more accuracy, and roll control on the chip stroke. Easy to learn too.

Today was a competitive practice for me. A guy sharing the green with me, offered the competition, and I accepted.

We played 36 various cup placements, from various areas off the green. Took turns deciding on the locations of the initial chip, and cup to aim at.

After showing him my chipping stroke, he is now a fan of the Runyon chip/putt stroke. I let him know to check You Tube for full info on the shot. 

In My Bag:

Day 543. I see day 542 was still waiting, even though it posted up yesterday. No big deal.

Anyways, this morning was some huge quality time with my two youngest Granddaughters. 

We just "putted" around having fun. No focuses what so ever, with minimal instruction on my part. Mostly just on their grips. 

Our goal was to just have fun, with me watching them having a care free, good time. Smiles, and laughter are priceless.

I let them use my two Scotty Cameron putters after I dusted them off. 

The 14 year old had the best line of the morning. " Grandpa, for a $300 putter, this thing doesn't make many putts".....She said it loud enough to turn a few heads from others on the green. 

The 13 year old made a 20'+/- footer, which we will be hearing about for a while.

Just a good morning all around. 

In My Bag:

Day 22: 

Well a weird day at the range. I got warmed up and then was told the range was closing while they mowed. Had to go back to the office, after only hitting full wedges. Oh well at least I hit those well. 

DAY 588   Finally got back outside.  Spent a couple of hours on the putting green going through the two drills I normally use.   Twenty five in a row from three feet around the hole.  Then 20 in a row into a three foot circle around the hole from 20, 30 and 45 feet.   Heat index over 100 so no range work today!!