IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 85.  I went to the range.  I hit flight 8-iron, flight 6-iron, not flight 6-iron, hybrid, 4-wood, driver.  A few of each, rehersal swings as usual, first time hitting outdoors in a few days.  I then did speed sticks, and attempted to do protocol 2, with the "from the knees" swings.  I need to review it or something, and I then went back to regular shots and hit them poorly.  Lastly I attempted the "born with clubface control" challenge with my 8-iron, got some straight but not very far. 

I finished up with 5-10 minutes of putting, some 4', some 8', some 12'.  Nothing recordable, the course was closing for the evening.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1

7/27/19

Pitching with SW to targets located 15 and 25 yards away
Warmed up with some practice shots that alternated between distances
Made a game to try to get within 5 feet of each target with 10 balls (20 balls total)
1st round 10%
2nd round 20%

Day 2
7/28/19

I worked on a drill similar to the linked one below.  I did full swings with a 3 wood and tried to skim the ground with it.

guss%20driver.jpg

This is the easiest backyard driver drill we've ever seen. Jason Guss's drill will show you how to hit up on the ball.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 288, July 28

Just pitching and chipping today. Too hot for full swing work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 86.  Got my evolvr lesson and hit a dozen balls (over the course of quite some time) focusing on moving my head appropriately.  Slow, 9-iron, sometimes real balls sometimes foam, off a mat, into a net, indoors. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 289, July 29

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on my PP. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 382

Dealing with a  major need in my swing process.

Today was about 25 minutes of working on my hip turn to do a better job loading up the right side a bit more by making the turn right more fully as weight shifted to the right. It got to the point where it both looked and the weight shift felt good.  Towards the end I sped up the process and took full swings first with the Orangey Thingy and then with my driver. 

Tomorrow will be a once through the bag day as lower temps will exist and a Wednesday round.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 3

7/29/2019

Chipped with my PW to a 2' diameter circle from 5 to 15 feet away.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 87.  Houseguests caused a bit of change of plans, but I was able to work on priority piece indoors, off a mat, into a net, with both foam and real balls for ten minutes earlier tonight. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 290, July 30

Mirror work at the gym with 6 iron and 3W focusing on my PP.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 383

While a humidity reading of 35% is low in much of America, in AZ, that is near brutal when added to 109 at the local range.

Today was 5 shots with every club in the bag for tomorrow.  I started with an "unofficial" 20 shots with my 50º wedge and my 6i and 10 whacks with the Orange Whip®.

Making sure I had focused on an appropriate target for the club at hand, I took some time with each club to set my mind on the best action per club.  So, in truth, I eliminated any built in excuses if things were not good.  So this is the run down:

Wedges:  I was quite pleased with these results. Really solid 50º with nice 100 yard shots on target.  Good loft allowed for a nice grab with smart roll.  56º was good, though usually about 2-5 yards right of the target line.  And very nice repertoire of results, including nifty looking and action from my "Phil Flops", executed with my 60º

Irons: good and some great all own the line.  My 6i has been a bit of a pain the last few days. Loft and distance has been good but the percentage right or left made it a crap shoot.  I will need to spend time with the coach, after my round, to see what I have allowed to enter the swing. 7i was very comfortable with great total results.  9i, which I treat as a sort of wedge, was used from a bit rough.  I landed well on the green I targeted, but finish even though I ended up needing a good set up 1st putt to hope to finish in 2.

Hybrids: Solid in terms of distance and direction.  Both the 3h(19º) 4h (22º) had proper loft as well, leaving me with consistent ball speed and nice results I would want from second shots after the tee.  The 5h (24º) did not give me steady loft even though the distance met the intended target.

Woods: My GX-7 serves as my 3 wood.  Nice when aiming for targets 160 or so.  I was able to get 140 off the turf.  My Ping G5 Driver gave me consistent 200-210 yards with some really nice cool fade.  Today's results ended up in my target fairway to leave a nice second shot.

I give myself a strong B+ grade for the day, as I had at least one "where the hell did that come from" smack in each grouping.

I came home and did putting work in the house at 35º lower temp.

On to the wilds of a course tomorrow.  Already have 4, 32oz PowerAde® in the fridge and a few munchable items for those moments when the joys of my diabetes kicks in.!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 4

7/30/19

Pitched 20-40 yards with a SW. I was having trouble controlling distance, but my shots were straight.

-Craig-

In my bag:

Day 88.  Got to the range;  outdoors, range balls, off of mats.  Did Speed Sticks, starting protocol two.  After doing the swings from my knees, I stopped full swing and went to putt for ten minutes (10-15', focusing on getting it to the hole -- amazing how many more I make when I do that!, then some 30' attempts for two-putting) before going back, finishing speed sticks.  Last two driver swings were 100 and 99 mph chs respectively -- not bad for someone who remembers when his driver swing speed was in the high 70s!

Meant to do the 8-iron grip variance challenge, didn't do it.  Another time!

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 291, July 31

Mirror work at the gym with Driver and 6 iron. Focused on my PP with slower swings.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 383

I will focus primarily on what I do before my rounds.

Body stretches  I use a club in hand while doing these. 10  knee bends with a lifting the club with 2 hands over my head. 10 sort of toe touches with knees bend, after pull up again rechristen over my head. Holding the club in front of me, I rotate the body above the wist and then below the waist.

After this pure physical motions, I take 5-10 swings with my Orange Whip®.

Finally, I hit the following: 5 each 56º wedge, 6i, 3h and finally driver,  Then I am ready to go.

I posted details of this round in the thread "What did you shoot today?"

Day 89.  Got a little over five minutes in before evening plans (and barely got the report in when I got back!).  9-iron, indoors, off a mat, into a net, combination of foam and real balls.  Flight shots. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 292, August 1

Played 18 today with the second 9 being my league round. Won the league round! Shot a 41 on the back for the league round and a 43 on the front earlier.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 1

8/1/19

Chipped to a small plastic bowl 6" in diameter at distances of 15 and 25 feet. I was able start hitting more consistent shots after working on keeping my head still.

-Craig-

In my bag:

Day 90.  Medicine ball drill.  I wanted to do more, but I am too tired after the gym today, and I don't want to risk ingraining a bad habit.  

-- Michael | My swing!