IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 103.  Off a mat, into a net, foam balls (but mostly no ball, just a swing), I spent some minutes today exaggerating my priority piece for when I get back to the range tomorrow to get back to full swing practice after last weekend's tournament and times since. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 10: Full swing mirror work again today. Working on that little move off the ball from address to A1 and soft wrists in transition.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 400

Despite high temps, I got my 20 swings in.

Main focus, again, was not over hitting. All went fairly well except for one topped wonder.  

When I finished, at 8 AM, the mercury told me it was 92 at the range! I was happy I got in what I wanted to get in.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 3

8/16/19

Mirror work with full swings

Upper body turn

Worked on where the arms and hands are at the top of the backswing

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 104.  A bit of a repeat of yesterday;  thought I'd get to the range, didn't.  Spent some time indoors, exaggerating my priority piece (weight shift) on a mat indoors;  some foam balls, some real balls (mostly slow practice swings though).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 401

I focused one last time on the now mighty 6i. Heat and my right leg pull would cause me to alter my plan.

From the first efforts (1/2) swing, through a 3/4 and full swing. I got good distance, fairly good loft, and very acceptable direction.

Of the 25 whacks I took this AM, I had one somewhat thin shot and one slight pull.  The rest ended up on target.

I varied my direction to the three targets at the range I felt I would use my 6i for the play.  140, 155, and 165.  With variations as to the swing type, I was able to put the ball either on the green of close enough for a Phil Flop.

And, those were at best. with 3/4 swings.

For the "fun of it" I took about 6 full swings and readily carried 185+ with a roll.  My only caveat. I was hitting range balls, I may need to adjust a bit for that.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 308, August 17

Play a par 3. Purse with my wife. Focused only on tempo as a swing though. Played well with most swings being partial shots or smoother shot clubbing up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 105.  Half and quarter shots, indoors, off a mat, into a net, real and foam balls.  I'm really skirting the 5 minute edge here, and I'm not sure I would have done any practice today if it weren't for this ongoing challenge ... which I suppose is a benefit of the challenge.  It certainly isn't a complaint.  Playing tomorrow (will post here about it after the fact).

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 402

With feeling that I have moved forward with my 6i, it was time to expand beyond it.

In today's practice I moved up to 21 strokes to allow 7 each with my 5h, 6i, and 7i in order to begin to solidify the mid section of my bag.

First the 6i, and it felt very good, with a bit more loft than yesterday but no loss in range or direction.  

I next moved down to the 5h, which has been OK, just without the loft I would like.

Loft was acceptable at best though direction and distance, for the most part, were what I expected. The aspect I noticed on first review of the video was that I was closing down the angle of attack.  I will focus on that over the next few days.  

7i was good. I was only 8-10 yards off of what I am now getting with the 6i; the loft was what I like the most today.  It allows me to keep the ball from overly long rolls after the landing.  I want some roll, even as I need to work on controlling it as much as I can to avoid hitting too far beyond the target.

As this was the first day on this next phase of my playing my bag of weapons, I will mark the direction of my work after more study of the film.

Edited by DrMJG

Day 13: Went to the range with my wife and kid. Worked for a bit on my swing, just getting that feeling of moving off the ball to A1 and soft wrists in transition.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

106.  Played 18 at my home course with some friends today.  Shot 90 on the nose.  Hit exactly 4 GIR, plus hit another three greens with a full swing motion but not in regulation:  first hole 6-iron, hole 16 a 9-iron (after topping a 5-iron off the tee), and hole 17 a half 9-iron. 

2735741_cYY5UXbh.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Strokes gained, approximate levels:

Putted at about a 20 handicap level.

Driving around a 23 handicap level, which included hitting into an unplayable lie on the first hole.  Still hit plenty of 220+ yard drives which have to have helped... 

Short game at about a 15 handicap level.  It'd basically have been better if I had ... I don't know.  

Approach at about my handicap level, 12.5.  Includes the stroke where I was able to take a penalty (this got attributed to driving) for unplayable, but then was really only able to move the ball to where I could top it a few yards down (the next shot was from 150 yards to about 24 feet on the green) and topping a 5-iron off a par-3 tee (and then hit a 9-iron to 24 feet)

Somehow the same person hitting these shots today shot a 77, albeit at a slightly easier course, just over a month ago. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 4

8/17/19

Putted to a target 4-6 feet away at home. 

Day 5

8/18/19

Pitched with SW to around 10-15 yards out. Used a small 10" diameter bucket as a target at different locations. My distance control was poor at first, but I eventually eased into better control.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 310, August 19

Worked on my PP and filmed my swing. Also worked with the swing though of smooth transition.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 403

Another batch of 21 to keep the mid range weapons on pace.

Generally, a good day.

I spend a lot more time making sure the 5h was in better position to get the loft I was looking for.  Much better overall as I was getting lofts up to 15' plus good after landing yardage.  They tended to finish left of the target,  but only 1 or two finished too much left.  No thin shots today make me smile.

6i and 7i were both. well within expectations, even if no spectacular shots made themselves known.

Day 107.  Putted for 20 minutes this morning at a course near my new job.  3', 6', 9' from various sides, but no specific drill, as I didn't know how much time I'd have.  I'm glad I didn't set up for a drill, because I didn't have as much time as I thought (I was hoping to put in 45 minutes). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 6 

8/19/19

Putted from various distances to the fringe of the green as a distance control exercise. My control improved over time.

Bump and run chips from 3' off the green with my SW and 7i.

-Craig-

In my bag: