IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 318, August 28

Mirror work again at the gym. Neck is still a bit stiff.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hit traffic en route to course today and couldn't warm up -- literally paid and met my group already at the first tee.

Day 116.  Played 18 holes.  Approach shots were excellent (better than 10 hcp level), driver and short game were about at my handicap level (despite two dreadfully awful short game shots;  a blade and a duff), and my putting was better than last time -- I even made two putts outside of 5' (10' and 13' iirc).  But I shot an 86 at a course where I have previously made a 77, so. 😕 

Oh and five double bogeys.  Five.  Including at a par-5.  Unacceptable. :-( 

2745891_t1wdsYQY.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 10

It was dark when I got home tonight, so I worked with my weighted club for 50 swings, and then I swung another 25 swings with my regular 7 iron.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 14 

8/28/19

Putting practice indoors on the carpet.

Putted up to the edge of a rug 3-4 feet in distance. I focused on alignment and nailing the 3' putts that save strokes. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 23: Full swing mirror work. Working on the little shift off the ball, along with soft wrists in transition. Video last night showed that it's coming along well, so I'm pleased.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 9: 

worked swing checkpoints. I know there are technical names for these, I need a refresher. But just worked consistency trying to hit the same positions through the routine. 

Day 319, August 29

Neck is still sore so no swings today. Did some shoulder turn work in the mirror just to stretch.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 10:

worked ladder drills again. 5 stage, 5x through. Worked a new grip as I have a curved putting stroke and when I miss it’s due to not squaring the face. ‘Strengthened’ my grip and this has helped tremendously. 

Day 11

Had to mow the lawn today, and it was almost dark when I finished, so I worked on my swing with the weighted club again.  Made about fifty swings, and then twenty with my regular seven iron.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 15

8/29/19

Pitched balls with my SW to a bucket 10 yards away. I had some problems with distance control and making good contact at first.

I'm going to warm up more for practices when I have time. 

Edited by Craigers

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 412

Only enough time for 20 driver whacks off a tee.

Felt good and looked good.  Ball speed near 90 and only one was off, a pull that still landed within my target "fairway".

Averaged 205, most had a solid loft.  No worm burners in the batch.

Tomorrow will probably be the same due to anticipated heat and air quality levels.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 117.  Yesterday, during my round, I was a bit surprised by that my lob wedge was heavier than my other wedges (it's new, and borrowed... and also a different make, but I don't know what the reason is that it's heavier).  So today, while working from home, I snuck upstairs to the not-yet-taken-apart indoor practice room and hit some half shots with the lob wedge.  Some foam balls, some real.  All off a mat, indoors, into a net. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 24: Went to the range. Worked on my long game for about 40 minutes. Just working on incorporating the feel I have from my mirror work. That seemed to go well. Then went and worked on my putting for about 45 minutes. That was bleh. My lag putting is definitely improving - I'm leaving fewer putts 10+ feet short or 10+ feet long - but still could be better. Need to work quite a bit on putts from 5-10 feet in the next week or so. Those ones are costing me too many strokes.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 11:

early today! Working a dry swing in my office. Looking like a total psycho through the windows but hey, I don’t care, it’s friday. Trying to hone in on my maximum swing length. There was an article by JT’s swing coach on  golf.com that was interesting. I had a finau swing before it was cool, but never codified it. Getting a good measure of my shoulder turn has been interesting. Going to follow it up with more putting ladders because I know nothing else. Have a great labor day weekend y’all!!

- OB

Day 118.  Fifteen minutes of putting, all within 15', on my way to work this morning. 

(I stopped at a course en route, I wasn't doing it in traffic or in the car or anything)

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 413

To quote the old tune "It's too darned hot". Actually the humidity, even just after sunrise, made it the less than ideal day!

15 with the driver is all I had time for.  

All things considered, I was OK with the results.  I got good loft, perhaps even a little too much so.  I was not using a monitor, so I can only report eyeball results.  The direction was good, well within my imagined fairway.  Distance was between 185 and 200. So good, not great.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 12

More work with the weighted club.  Made fifty swings, twenty of which were slow, and focused on getting into proper positions.  Followed that with another twenty-five seven iron swings at full speed. 

Day 16

8/30/19

Putted indoors to within 10 feet or less.

-Craig-

In my bag: