IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 39: Played 9 holes. +4; 40. Hit 5 greens and made 5 pars. Should have made one or two of my up and downs, but oh well.

Going out of town for work this week, so I'm going to lose my streak. That's okay, though. I need a bit of break anyways. Going to pick this back up sometime in October, when the off season starts creeping up.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 135.  After work, went to a nearby (to new job) par-3 course that has a lit range and putting green (I thought the par-3 course was lit too, but evidently not).  Did the "make all 12 at some point" from 4' drill.  Made fewer than 50% every iteration.  Might be because green was freshly sanded, but who knows?  And yet, I putted well yesterday so :shrug:. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 338, Sept 17

Not sure why my last two posts didn't get out of the editor on my phone. I guess I will have to check it better.

I played 9 yesterday. Today I did mirror work. My swing though yesterday was to not let the hands roll through impact. This produced high push draws with the driver and 3W, so I will have to adjust my aim. With irons, I still had a bit of a draw.

Today, worked on the feel of extending the right arm through impact with the palm facing up. This feel seems to keep the roll from happening too early. I will film it sometime this week.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 428

Again, schedule allowed no range work or game.

15 minutes of body stretches which were golf designed followed up with 10 swings with the Orange Whip® were all I will get in today.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 30

Another late night of professional development meant that I worked with my weighted club.  Started out with fifteen slow takeaways, and then moved to fifteen slow motion full swings, before taking several fifteen full speed swings.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 136.  Schedule permitted 20 minutes and I was near a golf course (the par-3 night-lit one near my soon-to-be-former house), so I putted.  6' "make them all" followed by 4'.  Somehow made more 6' on first pass than 4' (6 vs 5), but finished 4' in two iterations (5,5,2) versus more for 6'. 

Intermediate goal is to make all 4' within two passes (and then do an around-the-world becomes the goal).   Not sure an appropriate goal for 6', maybe making (6,3,3) or (6,3,2,1) a few times in a row would be good?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 339, September 18

Just some shoulder turn work today.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 137.  Played 18 holes with friends.  Shot 88, only 4 GIR (+ 2 greens on not-regulation from full swings, + 4 greens not in regulation where a full-swing mechanic but not full swing was used to hit).   Made two 18' or so putts today, I literally can't remember the last time before today I made two putts from outside of 10' in the same round. 

But it's clear I have neglected my long game and that's more important, so future work will be on that for a bit. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 429

As my appointments ended early, I went to do a little wedge work.

I took time to hit 8 shots will each of wedges and my 9i.

I simply took time to relax, think about each shot, and try to simply do it.

All were well within the expectations for each club; the aim was fairly good, for me, all were very close to the target. I am still wondering why today was a good day., give how iffy my morning was!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 31

Another late night at work, so I worked on my slow motion positions with the weighted club for about ten minutes, and then did fifteen full speed swings.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 430

Solid work in the traps.  From barely visible buried ones to some gently resting almost flat in shallow dusty grit.

Not all shots were perfect and quite a few said in their own way "Try Again"

End result was 1/2 hour of work in this area with what I would call a 75-80% success rate

Day 11

Played 9 today.  Focused more on grip, setup, and putting than anything, but still ended up 3 putting every hole but the first which was a 4 putt.  Trying to get into a 3 ft circle with my first putt, which I'm pretty consistent at, but getting the second one to drop isnt clicking.  Either came up an inch short or lipped out.  Everything is improving, I had a legitimate chance at par or birdie on all but the last hole which I found the water.   But seeing improvement either way.  

Day 140, Sept 19

Full swing work into my net. Focused on transition feel (smooth) and not letting wrists roll over through impact. Did 7 iron and driver with mostly slower swings or mapped.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 32

I got out of my professional development class a lot earlier than I thought I would, so I was able to go outside and hit some shots into my net this evening.  I applied the work that I've been doing with the weighted club on my takeaway, and could really feel the the extra speed through the hitting zone.  I also kept working on my "BTT...FTT" swing thought, and could really feel that my contact was solid, and that I was compressing the ball.

Day 138.  Went to the range for a small bucket. Worked on weight shift as per priority piece.  Sorry for being short but internet is spotty tonight. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 431

Straight Driver Day!

25 strikes, generally quite good. Nice speed about 100 all day. Few wildly off line, though some serious pulls left on say 5 of them.

Between 185 and 210 with majority in the 195 range.

Good loft gave me good roll.

Feel really ready for next round