IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 42

Worked on my takeaway and positions at the top, and at impact, in slow motion with my weighted club this morning.  After that, I went out back and worked on my impact position with my seven iron into the net.  I started with short punch shots, just working on getting hips and shoulders open at impact.  As I did this, I noticed that my feet were a little wider than they should be, probably closer to where my feet should be for a three or four iron.  I narrowed my stance just a little bit, and started making crisper contact immediately. 

I need to keep working on my impact position, because while my irons are typically straight, they balloon and drop short of the greens.  This puts a lot of pressure on my short game, which causes my scores to balloon like my iron shots.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 450

Family plans for the day has limited me to physical warm-ps and some swings with the Orange Whip®.

Tomorrow will be a once through the bag day.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 6

Did the final day of overspend training block 1. Looking forward to starting block 2. My average swing speed with the driver during my practice sessions has gone from 102 mph to 105 mph. Yay!

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 148.  GG from yesterday had my driving at about my handicap level (211 average distance, nice for me!), approach better than handicap level (despite only hitting 5 GIR, I beat the 10 handicap benchmark), and my short game and putting stunk.  So a usual round.

With that in mind, in addition to the gym today, I spent 30 minutes putting.  This time, I was primarily hitting 25-40 foot putts and then finishing the "hole."  

By the way, I am lately putting a bit of context for why my practice was what it was.  If something seems off in my reasoning, either today or in general, I'd like to hear about it. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 149.  Morning at the range;  half a small bucket, then the first two parts of speed sticks protocol 2.  After the knees (second part), went to putt for 15 minutes, mostly 30-40 foot putts (and finishing them).  

I then went back to the range to finish the small bucket, after doing the stepping speed sticks part, and then the "hard swings with the green one" part.  Numbers weren't that good, but it's been 2.5 weeks since I did them, and I need to bring back up the swinging muscles (plus I went to the gym yesterday and might be a little sore still, that might contribute). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 9, Sept 30

Mirror work at the gym. Worked on keeping hands from rolling using a foam roll to keep me swinging out. Also worked on tempo from A4 slowing down transition.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 7,

Again, spent time working on my launch angle. It was pretty cool. When I get it right it really improves my driving distance. I encourage everyone who wants more distance off the tee to look into their numbers. Without getting all technical launch monitors can make a difference. I'm starting to feel what 16.5 degree attack angle "feels" like. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 43

I worked with my weighted club on takeaway and impact positions in a mirror.  Trying to get my shoulders and hips open through impact.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 451

Driver and 3w day, 15 on each.  With the driver, I worked on not grounding the ball during the address to keep my swing from bouncing first.  I don't do that often, but the last time on a link, I did it twice causing my OB hits.

Went well, great speed and distance off the tee was better than I usually do. Very little off line.

3w was good but it took a bit to get the loft I was hoping for, but I did not practice this weapon for some time, so it was rusty.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 10, October 1

Range work today. I again focusing on set up, alignment and keeping the arms from rolling over through impact. Worked on partial and full shots.

Finished with short game work and sand.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 44

Worked on my impact position hitting into the net.  I didn't hit everything as crisply as I would have liked.  Shanked several, thinned several more, and hit a whole bunch fat.  Really disappointed, but I know that it's a process breaking my swing down into its components.  I did hit a few shots right on the button, so I have decided not to sell my clubs and take up bowling.

Day 8 

I did the second day of th he first week of th he second phase of superspeed training. My current driver swing speed is now 105 mph. Up from 102. Makes me wonder if 110 is possible. 

Day 150.  30 minutes of night putting (not the Caddyshack thing, just normal putting, but at 9pm), mostly on putts of 10-15' and again from 25-35', working on speed and then finishing from there.  2-putting a lot more than I normally do on the longer distances. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 45

I took my weighted club out back and took some slow motion swings with it before working on my impact position with my seven iron into the net.  I hit a few shots squirrelly, but overall it was much better than yesterday's session.  The last few shots were really solid and my impact position was tour quality.

Okay... maybe not "tour quality," but way better than my usual impact position.

Day 9

Went to the range. Hit every club in the bag. Even though the swing felt great and I was hitting my targets. it kind of felt like a wasted range session. I didn't really "work on" anything. I just hit balls. 

I did aim at targets. I also never hit any club more than one time in a row. I still should have been more productive. I'll try to do better with my next practice session. 

Day 151.  Another 30 minutes spent putting, mostly 10-15' , although some 30-40' as well.  Finished each to the hole, these were just starting positions.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 452

My work with suicide prevention kept megrim posting yestardy.  But I did some swing wrk with a mirror,'

My morning allowed a solid 90 minutes at the range.

After a good warm-up, including the Orange Whip®, was followed by focus on my short game, 50º, 60º, 9i, and 7i in that order.

About 15 with each an I could not be happier.

Only iffy club was the 7i and the fault was ball position.  When I focused with allowing it not to be too back, distance, loft and direction was solid. 

Day 10.

I played 9 holes today. Absolutely the worst I've played in years. I shot a 12 over par 48. 

Oddly, my practice sessions have been so good lately. I was sort of hoping to actually break par today. (I shot a 38 and 39 at the same course recently)

But instead it was terrible. I only hit one half way decent full shot the entire 9 holes. 

I did knock in 2 or 3 fairly long putts (one from off the green) otherwise it could have been even worse. 

Not completely sure what was wrong with me. I'm going to just try to forget it even happened.