IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 12, Oct 3

Went to the range for a quick practice. Worked on setup and alignment with 7 iron and driver before it started to rain.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 46

Late night of professional development means a session with the weighted club.  Worked on my takeaway and impact position.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 152.   20 minutes of putting and 5 minutes of chipping after work.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 153.  But only nine or so hours after the last one.

I should clarify yesterday's was mostly pacing (12-15' putts to get to the hole, 30-40' putts for pace too), and then finishing those.  Chips were for form.

Today, small bucket at the range, same priority piece as before.  I need to figure out where out here I can get video for evolvr.  I also did 10 minutes of putting, some short putts, some pacing. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 11

Oh my God, I'm broken!!!!

I tried to play 18 today. Stop keeping score at 15 over at the turn. I cant seem to hit anything all of a sudden. It's like I'm having an out of body experience. 

The only good thing was playing on Finn Cycles. Which are almost fun enough to offset how horrible I played. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 47

Worked on takeaway and impact positions with the weighted club.  After that, I moved into slow motion full swings with the weighted club.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 453

Second day focusing on my 71.

It did the trick. Everything became more predictable.

Loft was good; it was not too high.

Aim was within 5-8 yards either way of the target.  

Distance was a consistent 130-145 yards.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 48

Hit seven irons into the net, emphasizing getting into a powerful impact position.  Before I hit any shots, I did a drill where I got into my impact position, and then just "threw" the ball into the net.

Day 12

I took a bad spill and suffered a tailbone injury. What a pain in th he ass... literally!

No big swings for the next 2 to 4 weeks. So just putting practice drills for me. 

Day 154.  I am not good at golf.  Played 18, I'd... I'm just going to stop there.  I made one par and didn't break 100.  On one hand, it's a tough course and the greens are particularly tough.  A scratch friend of mine shot 84 today (same course, same tees, a few groups ahead of me).  A friend whose handicap is a stroke or so lower than mine shot 100 on the nose.  But still.  Oh and over 10 strokes lost putting.  😕 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 49

Worked my way through the entire bag into the net focusing on impact.  Really hit the ball solidly with every club in the bag.  After hitting full shots into the net, I worked on pitches, flop shots, and chips in the yard.

We are on fall break on Thursday and Friday, and while I won't have a chance to play on either of those days because of appointments, I plan on going to the lighted par three course after work on Wednesday.

Day 13

Still injured, so I invented a practice game to play with my son. I'd set up with a club in my hand. Then with my eyes closed take the club back to parallel with the floor. Then my job was to tell my son exactly where the face was pointing. Without looking of course. 

Day 155.  Shot an 88 at a tough course where breaking 95 feels like an accomplishment.  I think I putted well today, but GG is down so who knows? 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 14

While my annoying injury keeps me sidelined. I was able to spend some time today working on positions with the driver. Focusing heavy on face control. 

I also spent 5 or 10 minutes rolling a ball down a metal meterstick with my putter.

Looking forward to healing up so I can get back to my SuperSpeed Training. 

DAY 456

Hitting week with nothing else on my schedule, and, nothing is expected.  So a week when I am able to focus on my golf.

Today was a planned round at one of my local courses.

So "practice" was, in fact, my pregame warm up. Driver go great distance but I was pulling it left on most shots. 4h was solid, as was the dreaded 7i.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 156.  Putted for 20 minutes after work;  a few 6', but mostly 10-15'.  Nothing longer.  No particular drills. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 467

Today's practice weapons were: Driver, 6i, 7i and 91.

After a really focused warm-up to get the body awake and, with use of my Orange Whip® to get the flow right, I was ready to go.

First club used  got me off to a great start. Shots were well on line, great loft.  Really great looking shots with not too bad speed.  The only frustration came from distance. For a 6i, I was fairly disappointed. I usually got significantly better distance.  So I put the club back in the bag and came to the conclusion that, for a 9i, the shots were really good!  

Yes, I had been swinging a 9i, not my 6i. 

Lack of coffee plain and simple!

But, it drove home how much I need to not over think and allow the club to do the work!

I then hit the 6i and was very happy with those results. Got the distances expected, as well.

My 7i was better than it had been behaving. Some bit of a left hook, but nothing too out of line.

Driver was one of the best days in a while, though instead of a nice draw, a few were exaggerated a bit too much.

I think 85-90% of the whacks were more that playable (one wild slice, two worm burners).  If I am happy with 85%+ of my shots, I should have a good game.

Day 15

Right now I'm entering the depression stage of my injury. I have been spending a great deal of time working on my take-a-way and positions. I can't full swing without pain yet.

As soon as I heal I'll be back to my SuperSpeed Training.