IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 684

Spent time on the putting green this morning. I like practicing on unfamiliar greens. Requires more focus on my part. 

Practiced my speeds,  reads, and hitting a straight putt on a line as my reads told me I should. 

Hitting straight putts practice requires a relatively flat area oon the green. I lay a coin 18"-24" inches in front of the ball. If my stance/alignment  is correct, and ball position in my stance is correct, I will putt/roll the ball over the coin.

My speed practice is pretty simple. I putt/roll balls specific distances on flat, uphill, and downhill rolls. This gives me what I need to know about how much club force I need for various situations.

Reads are pretty much self explanatory. I pick a practice pin. Read what I see, based on the fall line, then putt the ball. All I am looking for is the ball to roll similar to what my read said it should be. 

After those individual practices, I put them all together for a full putting practice. My practice goal is to average less than two putts per practice pin.......from various distances. 

On another note, I can add that my chipping practice is basically the same. Reads, speeds, landing areas, body alignment, and ball position in my stance all work together to help ensure a quality chip. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 18

I think I have been overdoing it lately, and fatigue is causing poor performance, which leads to additional reps in hopes of finding something that works, which increases fatigue, which causes even worse performance. So I just practiced a very short chipping motion, bumping balls with my 60 degree wedge into the net, and focused on finding the center of the club face.

Note to self - might be time to incorporate a fitness regimen to improve my endurance now that I am practicing everyday as opposed to 1-2 times a week.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 496

25 smacks w/re-done 50º excellent loft, speed around 100, great distance!

35 its w/driver. speed around 100. Made adjustment to lower loft. Results were quite acceptable.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 7.  A dozen indoor mid-iron swings, off a mat into a net;  mostly whiffle balls, two real ones.  I plan to hit more full swings than the dozen tomorrow, as I plan to play 18 holes (will post then of course).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day  497

Quick 25 with driver.  Adjustment to loft seem to make for a lower flight apex. Distances was good. Fun morning!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 19

About 30 full swings each with 6, 7, and 8 iron about 75% full speed.

Also observing tags in grips for tag/grip bonding methods.

-Peter

Day 8.  Played 18 holes with three friends.  For the second time in 2019, I show the new lowest round in my life (pre-2019: 81;  July: 77;  today: 76).  Oh, and I had a "no sixes" round too :-) I'll have the relevant information to the right thread to claim that badge too.  But right now it's late and I'm exhausted, going to get the rest in the morning (might do GG before bed).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day  498

Again, tryng to figure out the most usual settings for the G410+, So far, I can adjust for my slight look.  I am looking to correct far too much rise on the drives.

Taking nites and videoing often, I attacking taking a controlled approach. 35 whacks today, all videoed.  More tomorrow!

Day 686 Sunday AM

Worked with my metal woods this morning. Early morning wind made it interesting. (D, 3, 4, 5, and 7. 

Hit them all off a tee, and/or the turf. Well, not so much my driver off the turf, but I did give it a few tries as a reminder not to rely on it very much. 😋

As always I made a smallish fairway using the d-range flags, with a down range target in the center of that fairway. 

Most of my ball flights were decent, with my 7w being the better of the bunch. Nothing new there. I recently found a new interest in my 5 wood. 

I also hit a few balls with my 12* driver. This is not my normal gamer. I used it as a warm up club.for the most part. 

Focuses were on my aim, set up, one piece take away, swing tempo, and landing the ball in, or near my make shift fairway. 

It was a good morning work out. These were all full swings, and there were probably 70-80 balls in that basket. Pretty sure I would  card a low 80s score if I were to play today. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 20

About 15 minutes of putting practice before my round on Sunday. 

-Peter

Day 9.  Hit balls for ten minutes indoors, off a mat, into a net.  6-iron.  Focused on completing the backswing.  Balls were plastic.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 21

After yesterday's round with below average putting, I felt the need to work on my putting. Spent about 10 minutes in my living room before heading work putting at various targets around the room, about 5-10ft range, which caused me a bunch of grief yesterday.

-Peter

Day 0

Well made it 42 days and now I'll have to start over. 

Basement flooded and I've been spending a lot of time dealing with all the wonders that go with it. 
I'm hoping to start fresh post Thanksgiving.

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 10.  Ten minutes of mid-iron work indoors.  Slow, focusing on full backswing and weight shift.  Practice balls, indoors, off a mat, into a net. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 22

Started off with 7-iron full swings, but struggled to make center face contact, so switched to a wedge and worked on a short pitching motion, just working on solid contact.

-Peter

Day 499

Rain rain go away!  I could only putt indoors today! Still, got some fun work in.

Day 11.  I stayed up late writing, but still found time to hit a dozen balls (and associated rehearsal swings).  Indoors, not real balls, off a mat, into the net, 6-iron.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 23

Warmup with 100 jumping jacks, and then did about 30 7-iron full swings, and was actually making centerface contact more often than not, and only 4-5 toe strikes from the set.

-Peter