IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 8

We are the road today, heading for Vancouver, BC. Hopefully Ma Nature is keeping Old Man Winter preoccupied. Roads are good so far. So,  with that not allowing much in the way of actual club/ball practice, I have decided to check out my grip with a 2' club I have.

Everyone's game deteriorates a a little due to lack of maintenance. The grip is no different.

So while my better half is driving, I will be checking on my grip, making sure the club is in my hands like I want it to be. Seems like a little thing at first, but a minor  mistake in one's grip can cause a golfer strokes. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 8

It was raining and a busy workday today, so basically a repeat of yesterday.

A few minutes working on driver setup using tile grout lines. Purpose is to get ball forward for better launch and more distance.

A few minutes on 3-4 foot putting drills. Working on seeing the line, aiming the putter, then setting up stance. Purpose is to eliminate 3 putts, to lower score, have a better routine over the ball, increase confidence. Once I can get outside, my shortgame goals will be focused on getting inside 3-4 feet, whether chip or approach putt.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

22 hours ago, Lihu said:

Practicing more practice swing accelerating at or after A6 to see if I can get a whip in a methodical fashion rather than so "random". The trigger point is likely closer to A5 then my body reacts somewhere after A6.

Practicing more practice swing accelerating at or after A6 to see if I can get a whip in a methodical fashion rather than so "random". Starting to get better acceleration nearer impact. Still trying to get the peak acceleration just after impact.

Raining today as well, so I’m stuck indoors with my swing simulator. Making a couple other versions of it, and adding mounts for the 47” Cobra shaft.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

9/1/17 - Another 20 minutes of putting on the mat and with the template. Really feeling like my weight is a bit more toward my right foot to have my shoulders level and working on tempo still. I had 5 minutes on the left knee piece in front of the mirror as well and am hoping to get to the range on Thursday afternoon to work on it in more depth.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1/9/18:

Continued my work with my path drill indoors today. Using a sort of full swing was about to do about 20 reps without hitting the bottles. So this slow specific drill is working very well.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 9

More  indoor pergo putting today. Working on 5 footers . Focusing on hitting straight putts

In My Bag:

Jan 9 Day 9  Found a little time in a very busy day to get in my practice in front of the mirror working on keeping my head centered and turning into the right hip... versus swaying

Day 9

A long 14 hour workday today so only a few minutes of putting.

15 minutes on 3-4 foot putts. 

Purpose to eliminate 3 putts by being perfect from 3-4 feet. As soon as possible I will work on lag putting and chipping so that lags and chips get in the 3-4 foot circle.

I don't intend to only practice short game; as soon as weather and work permits I will work on the long game.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

On 1/9/2018 at 5:34 AM, Lihu said:

Practicing more practice swing accelerating at or after A6 to see if I can get a whip in a methodical fashion rather than so "random". Starting to get better acceleration nearer impact. Still trying to get the peak acceleration just after impact.

Still trying to get peak acceleration just after impact. Becoming more conscious of my weigh shift. Exaggerating the amount so I have my lead foot almost off the floor at the top and my rear foot off the ground at follow through.

Will probably work on this a few days before integrating it back into a normal swing.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 10. It's snowing. Might be in this RV park longer than expected. 

Did my pump drill for lag control.

After that, it was more pergo putting. 

Found a book in the office library titled "7 Laws Of The Golf Swing". 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

January 10 Day 10.  It was fantastic to be able to get outside today to PRACTICE... yeah we are talking about practice (thanks Alan Iverson).   Spent 2 hours on the range working on a more steady head, turning into my right hip on the takeaway and a straighter left arm and width in the backswing.  Then spent an hour on the putting green working exclusively on distance control, using a couple of drills from the book, "Make More Putts!"

Attached is a picture I took as I left the putting green at Skyview Golf and Country Club today.

IMG_20180110_172711209_HDR.jpg

1/10/18:

Continued work with my path drill with the soda bottles today. I know I sound like a broken record. But like I said in a previous post, my coach believes this path drill will help me become a better golfer.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Day 10

I played 9 holes today.

I worked on playing the ball further forward in my stance, as I had been working on indoors. There was some improvement I think in trajectory/launch. I also worked on a less firm grip to reduce tension and generate more speed. 

The first few holes were like I hadn't played or for that matter hit many full swings in 8 weeks, which I haven't. I did not warm up properly, so the first few holes were my warm up. Overall, I hit the ball better, meaning more distance from my irons, and the ball flight off the driver. I am encouraged, but I will have to work on direction a bit more. For now I am working on contact and speed.

Honestly, I know I would have been more productive just hitting on the range, but I wanted to play. I had withdrawal. The course was not crowded, so I did hit some second drives and played both approaches sometimes. 

I did see dividends from the indoor work I have done.

Don

In the bag:

10/1/18 - 20 minutes of mirror work on my evolvr piece of limiting left knee flex and therefore hip turn in the backswing. It’s starting to shorten the backswing and prevent some of those wrist angles breaking down and I’m joping this might be an easier piece to work in than previous one of hand path in downswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

22 hours ago, Lihu said:

Still trying to get peak acceleration just after impact. Becoming more conscious of my weigh shift. Exaggerating the amount so I have my lead foot almost off the floor at the top and my rear foot off the ground at follow through.

Will probably work on this a few days before integrating it back into a normal swing.

Tested the results on the range, but still get a push or hook tendency. Will probably work on this a few days before integrating it back into a normal swing.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Day 11. Still indoors. 

Spent time with my little 2 foot club using it it in conjunction with my pump/lag drill. 

I also incorporated another move, where just before I start my  down swing, I bump my left hip towards my target about 1", then complete my down swing and follow through. Helps me with better impact contact with the ball. I'm sure there is a name for this drill. I just call it my bump drill. 

In My Bag:

1/11/17: Day 286

Again worked on my inside-out path drill with my water bottle apparatus. A build-up drill today, I started with 8:00 to 4:00 swings, then went to 9:00 to 3:00 swings, then some 10:00-2:00 swings finally some full swings, making sure not to hit either bottle.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

11/1/18 - Had a range session (finally) today, albeit a very short one. Spent all of it on slow-motion swings (lots of feel work at about 20% then with a ball at around 50% as I can't manage much slower) with the feel of the left knee not flexing at all in the backswing. I think I can manage it, but the result at the moment is that my path is even further left than it was. Lots of successful swings though and I'll pop it in a video to Preston to check.