IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 11  January 11    Headed to Howey In The Hills for a lesson from my coach Grant Balcke at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy.  Worked on maintaining width in the backswing .. using KVest.   And then short pitch shots.   Practiced after the lesson for about 30 minutes before heading home.

Came home and spent 90 minutes on the range before the rain began !!

IMG_20180111_102835007.jpg

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 11

Out of town meeting and persistent rain today, so only putting practice.

10 minutes on 3-4 foot putts using my putting cup with 3 inch entrance. Purpose is to eliminate 3 putts.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

On 1/11/2018 at 6:21 AM, Lihu said:

Tested the results on the range, but still get a push or hook tendency. Will probably work on this a few days before integrating it back into a normal swing.

Tested the results on the range while altering the path. Was able to hit some “power fades”, but obviously not in a controlled manner. Got some flight change anyway. Will probably work on this The next month or so.

Mevo decided to update itself...my entire range session. My phone and Mevo ran out of battery before I could use it in the short game area. :-P 

Oh well, next time.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Mevo decided to update itself...my entire range session. My phone and Mevo ran out of battery before I could use it in the short game area. :-P 

You did something wrong. I haven't had an update in a few weeks, and I just checked now by manually choosing "check now," and there were no more updates.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

You did something wrong. I haven't had an update in a few weeks, and I just checked now by manually choosing "check now," and there were no more updates.

I’ll have to do that next time I go out.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 12.

Worked on alignment while making sure knees, hips, and shoulders are in line with each other. 

While working on alignment, I also worked on my posture.

Have a full length mirror handy for these two check points. It also told me I should probably lose some weight.  :-P

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 12 January 12   Spent 30 minutes on the range hitting balls with my feet and knees together to work on width in my backswing and keeping my head still during the swing.  Then played the back nine at Twisted Oaks.   I am hitting my driver further -- thanks to the work on my swing and Super Speed Golf Training System.   Below is a picture of the par 3 11th Hole.  Overcast, and a little windy.  Unfortunately I did not make that putt for a birdie. :-(

IMG_20180112_155644780.jpg

1/12/17:

Putting practice today with the "metal ruler drill" as described in LSW. Though my ruler is 48" long not 36" (hard to find a 36" metal ruler in Wal-mart). Been feeling under the weather the past couple days, and fatigued, so wanted to do something other than my path drill today. Hopefully, I can do some more "full swing motion" drills over the next couple of days.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 12

25 degrees and light snow.

15 minutes putting practice. Alignment and stroke. Bead and speed.

20 minutes reading LSW sections on solid strike and relation to keys 1-3. I have been studying a video of my swing. I need a little adjustment on all 3 keys. My head stays fairly steady, but could be a little steadier. Laterally pretty good. A little rotation and a little down on downswing. I think my weight shift is complete enough, but would like it just a scosh more pronounced at transition-just a slightly more definite bump to the left. Finish is good with probably 85% or more -left foot is rolled slightly to left and just enough on right to for balance. Inline is close-there is maybe a little flip-not really a flip but not quite straight. I would like to retain just a little more flex in my right knee on backswing. I think these little adjustments combined would improve strike considerably.

Edited by dbuck

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 13

More indoor carpet putting this morning, rolling balls over an intermediate spot in front of the ball.

Rolling the ball over a spot about 8" - 12" in front of the ball is my way of knowing I am rolling a straight putt over my intended target line.

Spent about 15 minutes doing this. 

It's a travel day for us. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

Day 13 January 13     Got up early to practice indoors.  Used the Impact Ball and my shortened club to work on width in my backswing and keeping the right arm in front of me.  

Then went out to play in a Nine Hole Scramble--with temperatures in the low 50s and a bunch of wind.   Our team was 6 under par, which was the lowest Gross Score by a shot.  BUT, they use a handicap formula so strokes are added or subtracted based on the handicap of the team members.  This resulted in our finishing out of the money!!   Drat.   Guess we will have to be at least 8 under par for the 9 holes to have a chance.  So this week I will be working on wedges a lot!!! BTW, did I mention I am not a fan of handicapped scrambles :-(

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

On 1/9/2018 at 5:34 AM, Lihu said:

Practicing more practice swing accelerating at or after A6 to see if I can get a whip in a methodical fashion rather than so "random". Starting to get better acceleration nearer impact. Still trying to get the peak acceleration just after impact.

Working on more of this. Charging up my Mevo for a session with my son this morning. 

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

13/1/18 - 5 minutes of mirror work, still feeling the lack of knee flex in the backswing and using that to work towards a better position at A4. Definitely now getting there more often than not, but need to make the picture stick with the full swing. Will get to the range for a longer session tomorrow. Also had 10 more minutes on the putting mat with the Visio template - still working on tempo.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

7 hours ago, Lihu said:

Working on more of this. Charging up my Mevo for a session with my son this morning. 

Went to the range with both kids. Mevo started to “finish downloading” again, but I noticed the “abort” function. Hit a ton driver with new dots, but me, my son and daughter took turns without changing the setup. Roughly speaking the measurements were about the same as before.

Curious that the yardages on my 3W (99mph avg) were identical to my driver 105mph avg) at 236 yards. My drives were clearing the 250 yard sign and there’s no way I can carry my 3W 236 yards with those Srixon 1pc range balls.

Going to call FlightScope technical support on Tuesday. It also might be these Amazon Aluminum dots I bought. They work with my 24GHz radar at work though.

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1/13/18:

Well I got back to my water-bottle path drill for a little bit this morning before a slow day of cooking at work. Mostly just 9-3 swings just focusing on not hitting the bottles. I'm still not feeling all that well, I'm getting better slowly, though. (I hate being sick, with a passion). I'll have more time to work on this drill after Monday (hopefully I feel better by then).

Just as a side note for all you out there, I'm not attempting to break anyone's records. One of my goals is to complete the "5 Minutes Daily" challenge every day for at least 1 year. That's what the day count is for... It's more for me. But I'm glad that you guys and gals follow along and encourage me... Thank you for your continued support.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 13

10 minutes of putting 3-8 feet. 

Don

In the bag:

Day 14

Up early this morning. Motoring back into the U.S. today.

I like the idea of a one piece take away. A (de la Torre) drill I use for that is his belly drill. 

What I do is grip down on the club to a point where the grip end of the club is touching my belly. From my normal stance and posture, using my torso, I start my back swing, moving the club to a point just before I would start my wrist cock. As I am moving the club, I focus on keeping the end of the club touching my stomach. 

If the club end stops touching my stomach just before my normal start of my wrist cock, then my hands have taken over my take away too soon, which ruins my one piece take away.

I did this drill for a few minutes, plus my pump drill for lag control. Probably 15 minutes from start to finish. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

More practice swing accelerating at or after A6 to see if I can get a whip in a methodical fashion rather than so "random". The trigger point is likely closer to A5 then my body reacts somewhere after A6. Using the swing speed radar and Mevo together with my golf net. Cleaned out my golf net area. Need to get some new balls for it.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56