IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 3: Spent about 10 minutes working on set up and takeaway again. Closing my shoulders at address and keeping my hands closer to my body on the takeaway. Going to the range tomorrow night, and I think I've got some good feels to use.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 10

Backswing work indoors after kickball, with help of a chair. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 41 - Mirror work at the gym and stretching. Sore from walking 18 yesterday on a hilly course. Will hit the range on the way home. I am playing really poorly off the tee with the driver. Have to improve there.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 128

Played 9 holes today. First time back playing in several weeks. Felt good just being out on the course. Golfed with a new friend named George. 

I set my target number at 44. I would have been happy with anything under 50. As it turned out, I shot a 43. 

Had a couple of pars. Rest were bogey, and a little worse. Made some really nice putts, and one of pars was a chip in from about 10' off the green. 30' (?) overall. George was impressed. 

I am feeling some sensation in my shoulder, but not anything I might deem serious. 

All things considered, I am grading myself a solid (B). 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 129  I see my day 128 was waiting for me to post. Whatever.

Hit shots over a bunker today. Needed 40 yards to clear the bunker to a pin 10 yards behind the bunker. Land area was a tight group. (A)

After that it was to the putting green. Found it plug punched, and sanded. After adjusjng to the sand, I did alright. Speed was much slower than normal. Plus the plugs made the ball break later than normal too.

Since when they sanded, they also filled in the cups. So, I just used two balls, putting one towards the other. (B+)

After that I went back to the practice area, and hit 14 full PW shots to a pin. Grouping in the landing area was good. (B)

Might play 9 holes later today.

In My Bag:

DAY 170   Worked on my release for about 15 minutes on the range... then warmed up for a round.  Played 18 at World Woods - Rolling Oaks course in Brooksville, FL   My GIR stats did not look bad, hit 12 GIR, however, when I missed a green trouble ensued, so I ended up shooting 81.   My work on my release is making it hard to contact the ball consistently, particularly on my irons.  Tomorrow I will continue to work on it as part of my Feet Together Drill, and then Friday morning with my coach, maybe he can help me clean it up.  Frustrating day... however, at least dinner was great!!  Thanks Wife. :-)

• Administrator

Day 95 - May 9, 2018 - Pitching and chipping. Ankle still hurts for full swings.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5/9/18:

Day 404:

Hit some shots today... but it was a kind of take it easy day. I got a lot going on with extra hours at work, etc. Going to try to play 9 or 18 on Friday.

129/129 in 2018.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 11

Indoor backswing practice. Used my TV as a mirror to check my hip movement.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Day 8:

Played 18 at Heron Lakes today. Possibly my worst round of golf ever. I will upload the gamegolf link later, as I was too frustrated to jack around with it the last few holes. Blocking shots like it’s my job for the last few weeks. 

Day 4:

Spent about an hour at the range tonight. Spent 50 minutes hitting some balls. Working on my takeaway and closing of shoulders. Got a decent video to upload to evovlr, and I think I'm getting close to moving to a different priority. Also hit about 20 drivers, and I was crushing them. Got confirmation that my launch angle has improved to about 14 degrees, which is about 4 degrees higher than it was in December. That's giving me more distance. Hooray! Also hit about 20 wedges, because I've been chunking them a little too much recently. Didn't have one chunk. Very nice.

Also spent about 10 minutes putting. Working on my distance control. Results, were, err, mixed. I think I need a reset with my putting stroke. Might grab some video this weekend to send to evolvr/post in my swing thread.

-- Daniel

Day 130. Nice cool breeze this AM. 

Stopped off at the practice area. Taxi to school again. Grabbed my PW, and Heavy Putter and went over to the practice green. 

After a few stretches, I dropped three balls, and picked the three different pins I was going chip to on the sanded greens. The balls we're about 6' off the green. Did not read anything, or do anything special. These were warm up chips. 

I made the first chip, and thought I was off to good start. I then sized up the second pin which was a little up hill, with some break. Made that one too. WOW, the Old Guy is on a roll. 

The third pin was another up hill chip, that is one of those risk/reward critters. If I don't make it to the hole, the ball will roll back to me. If I chip the ball to hard, and miss the hole, the ball will roll down the other side, leaving me another long roll back to the hole. No problem, as I made that one too. Smiled to myself, and shook my head.

Three chips, to three different pins, and no putts needed. I picked up my stuff and called it a day. I had my putter with me, but why bother. Took a short walk over to the 19th, and ordered breakfast. With this much luck going for me so far today, perhaps I will drive into town and mark a keno ticket later.  (A+)

• Like 1

In My Bag:

Day 9:

Short Game Practice. Played "pullback" for 18 holes with my wedge and putter. +19 for 18 holes. Actually got up and down more than a few times but I had 2-3 holes where I bladed multiple shots across the green and then three putted....it was brutal. 

Edited by HJJ003

DAY 171    Spent 75 minutes on the putting green.  Started with 40 putts from various distances with the Pelz Putting Tutor which provides great feedback on whether I am starting the ball on line.   Then set up 4 putting stations around the hole at 12 feet.  The target is to make 16/40 putts -- 10 from each station.  I made 14. Then hit 20 putts to various holes working on distance control.     

Then hit about 75 balls on the range using the Feet Together Drill... which took at least an hour. 

Then played the front nine at my club.   I shot 34 which is 2 under par.  I had 3 birdies.  My only bogey was a result to taking too much club and hitting it into the sand trap behind the green.  While I only hit 5 GIR, on three other holes I had NGIR... as I was in the short grass in the collar of the green.  Hit the ball better today.. still lots of work to do.  :-)

Day 12 

played nine holes. Tried to make a good backswing and slow downswing. 

Backswing: B-

Downswing: F

Pitching: D-

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Day 96 - May 10, 2018 - Practice round at Upper Peak course at Peak 'n Peek, or Peek 'n Peak, I can never remember which.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

day 40, May 10. Played nine today with the league. Lots of work to do to improve and get back to where I was before injuries and surgery. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5: about 5 minutes of mirror work. Still on the set up and takeaway. Looking pretty good, though. 

-- Daniel