IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 131

Did something different today. I hit 42 balls with just my LW. All full swings. I have not used this club in a few months, and decided to reaquaint myself with it. 

Focus was on crisp hits, and having more shaft tilt ahead of the ball, since it was a wedge. Ball placement was maybe a half ball back of center in my stance. 

Most balls did what I was looking for. I was hitting the green from 50-60 yards out. Drop, and stop. 

Had a couple of fatties, and one where the club went completely understand the ball.  This caused a pop up. 

(A-)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 41, May 11 - Mirror work at the gym.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 13

went to the range and worked on making good backswings and slow downswings with the driver. 

Backswings: B+

Downswing: C, actually not as bad as I thought or difficult to pick up. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

DAY 172    Spent a half hour with my coach this morning trying to improve my impact...  using video it was pretty obvious that my side tilt at impact was too much and my head was way behind the ball.  So we worked on one drill to improve it.. and it did.  Then hit balls for 45 more minutes on the range doing the drill.  My coach is at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy.   Then came home and headed to the range, where I put in another hour plus hitting balls working on the assigned drill (s).   Then played 9 holes, and had 3 birdies and 1 bogey, for the second day in a row to shot 2 under par on the front nine at my home club.  I am also feeling that the almost daily 75 minutes on the putting green is starting to pay off.   Tomorrow back at it. :-)

Day 10:

5 minutes of mirror work. Worked on elbows and wrist position to control the club face.

Day 6: Another 5 minutes of mirror work. Working on slightly different pieces now! Hooray. Still stuff in the takeaway and backswing, though. Trying to keep my club outside or even with my hands on the takeaway now. Also looking to add just a bit more hip turn between A3 and A4

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 97 - May 11, 2018 - Lots of short game work with the kids as prep for NCAA Nationals (we leave at 7am).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Day 97 - May 11, 2018 - Lots of short game work with the kids as prep for NCAA Nationals (we leave at 7am).

Good luck!!

Day 132

Dedicated putting practice today. After some warm up putts on a really slow, sanded green, I rolled a ball to 48 practice pins. 24 clockwise, and 24 counter clockwise. 48 pins equates to a par of 96. I hit 100 putts.

I used one ball, and was careful to not hit the same putt twice. 

These pins are 10' - 15' feet from each other. 75% have some noticeable break associated with them.  I played them just as I would if on the course greens. Some of the putts we're in the 20'-25' foot range. None were shorter than 10' feet.

I 3 putted 9 pins, but I also 1 putted 5 pins. 

Focus was on quick reads, lag putt distances as needed, and making that second putt.   (A-)

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

Day 11:

5-10 minutes of work after a mother’s day weekend cookout. Used a 7 iron and worked on elbows and controlling the face at impact. Hit some chippy shots and was pleased with some straighter ball flights.

DAY 173    Back to the regular routine.  Spent 75 minutes on the putting green.  Worked with the Pelz Putting Tutor hitting 40 putts total, 10 at each of 4 distances.   Getting feedback on the extent to which I start the ball on line.  Then set up a star pattern of 5 tees around the hole from 3 feet.  Hit a putt from each of the 5 points, then did the same thing again for a total of 10 putts.  Repeated the same thing at 4 and 5 feet.  Felt good about making all 10 from 5 feet.  Like the pressure it creates by having to track your score.

Then to the range for 90 minutes working on staying in my posture through the shot.

Then played 9 holes.  Shot even par, 1 birdie and 1 bogey, hit 6/9 GIR.  Missed a couple of birdie putts of 10 feet and under. GRRR....

Now time for dinner.

• Administrator

Day 98 - May 12, 2018 - Played a few holes at Salem Glen before our practice round tomorrow.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 43, May 13 - Work hitting into my net. Focused on priority piece with a little float load feel from my lesson. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 133

Went to the dry lake area with a bunch of other RVers. (10)  Had my sticks with me and decided check my carry yardages. Used all my clubs except of course my putter

I hit everything off of synthetic turf, or tee'd up. Landing area was some thick blow sand, which didn't allow much roll after ball impact. Read everything with a GPS. 

Did all this in between fun and games with the others who made the trip. Just some good old desert fun. 

I might even have given a couple of new guys the golf fever. 

In My Bag:

DAY 174   Short day today since most of it has been spent celebrating Mother's Day by visiting my MIL.   Did get in 15 minutes of backswing practice using my Impact Ball and shortened club.

For any mothers that read this thread, Happy Mother's Day!!

• Administrator

Day 99 - May 13, 2018 - Putting and short game work as the kids played the East course in a practice round today.

Day 14

Some backswing hip work through out the day. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 12:

pretty tied up with mother’s day stuff today, but managed 5+ minutes of mirror work. Worked on elbow position in downswing and proper rotation through shot.