IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 8: More mirror work. Working on takeaway and hip turn from A3 to A4 again.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 13:

short game practice. 10 balls from random lies to 4 putts each for a total of 40 short game shots followed by putts. Uo and down percentages: 7/10, 4/10, 1/10, 2/10 for a total of 14/40 or 35%. I would love a 35% scrambling percentage. It’s barely over 0 right now, but a lot of that can be attributed to few nGIR. 

Day 134

Just finished playing the back 9 of my home course. Shot a 41, which I am pleased with. My target score was 40. 

I focused on hitting my 5W as much as possible. It's the one club I have the least amount of confidence in. It was a good day. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 175   Another short day due to rain!!!  Spent 15 minutes working on my backswing with my Impact Ball and shortened club.   While rain is forecasted for tomorrow at least it is not until the afternoon.  Being inside has also allowed me to read the three Harvey Penick books, starting with his "Little Red Book"   they are filled with great stories and some insightful tips.

Day 44, May 14 - Played 18 today on a hilly course. A bit tired at the end. Need more consistency off the tee.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 100 - May 14, 2018 - One short 7-iron (85%?), two drivers (right ankle still far too sore for that), and a bunch of chipping and putting around the greens. Played a many-hole putting match with my lefty's putter against my lefty. I almost beat him, too. Juiced the last one a bit too much. He got lucky as heck on another.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 9: Mirror work, again. Still takeaway and hip turn from A3 to A4. I think I've got some good feels to take with me when going to the range.

Will get to the range tomorrow night to look at these feels on camera.

-- Daniel

DAY 176    Finally got outside to the range where I spent an hour.   Worked on being more centered throughout the swing, and my right shoulder coming more under than around.   Good session.  And then the rains came!!!   Guess I will be working with my Impact Ball and shortened club in my home office for the rest of the afternoon.

Day 14: 

Range day. 30+ minutes. Hit 10 partial wedges to one target about 50 yards away. Hit some good wedges, and I am starting to get more and more comfortable with those types of shots. Then hit some punchy 8 irons working on some recovery type advancement shots. I spent the bulk of my time hitting full shots and mixed speeds with my 8 iron working on elbows and delivering the club face square. Really good day here. Hit some 50% and 75% shots, and then stepped up and hit some full shots with some very straight ball flights and a few very playable push fades. finished up with 10 more wedge shots to mixed targets on the range...more pretty fair results. Good practice today. 

Day 45, May 15 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on slowing down the transition so my priority piece will connect better. I am still casting a bit and rushing the transition makes it worse.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 134

Just finished playing the back 9 of my home course. Shot a 41, which I am pleased with. My target score was 40. 

I focused on hitting my 5W as much as possible. It's the one club I have the least amount of confidence in. It was a good day. 

In My Bag:

Day 135 I see my day 134 was posted twice. What ever. 

Worked with my drivers at the range this morning. Focus was trying to swing a little faster, but still staying in balance. Tried a little wider stance. I'm looking for a few more yards. 

My gamer is a 10.5, 460cc, low profile, square driver. I also have a 12.0, 460cc, balloon shape driver. As expected, the 10.5 seemed to go a little farther, but not by a lot. 

I am going to dig out my 9.0, 380cc driver, and see what distance I can come up with using it.  

Everything I hit today landed in, or close enough in my make shift range fairway. (A)

In My Bag:

• Administrator

Day 101 - May 15, 2018 - Hit a few shorter shots today. Some 7-irons. One 3W at 80%. Still protecting the right ankle a little.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 10: Spent about an hour at the range and chipping green. Hit a bucket with my feels that I've been developing from mirror work. Stupidly, I left my tripod at home, so I couldn't film my swing to confirm that the feels are doing what I need them to do. Oh well. I did keep it real specific and slow, so that's good!

Finished with 20 minutes or so at the chipping green. I've had terrible touch on shots within about 40 yards this year, so I was just focusing on that, along with shoring up my technique a little bit. Made some really good progress. More time would be good, but I'll be dropping fewer shots around the green now.

-- Daniel

Day 136

Driving range work this morning. Used everything but my putter. Focus was on alignment, and full swings, although I did hit a few punch shots too.

Most everything I hit landed in the general area I was aiming for.

I used a sequence of club selection I read about. One swing per club. Driver, LW, 3W, SW, 5W, Aw, and so on. Went through that sequence 4 time. Something different. (B+)

In My Bag:

DAY 177  "Rise and grind!!"   Spent 2 1/2 hours on the range working through various motion drills from my GGGA Workbook materials.  Contact seems better and I am more centered over the ball.  Good session.  Now lunch and maybe some work indoors later in the day.

Day 15

range session. Worked on making good backswing and then figuring out this slower backswing feel. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 46, May 16 - 45 to 60 minutes working on my full swing with driver and 7 iron. Struggling off the tee and need to clean up issues. Took video to send in to Evolvr.

Scott

My Swing Thread