IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

23 hours ago, JuanTheGolfer said:

DAY 181   Will someone PLEASE turn off the rain in Florida!!!   So stuck indoors, which means more time with my shortened 5 iron and my Impact Ball.  Continuing to work on my backswing -- in particular keeping my right elbow more in front of my body.   Did several 2-3 minute sessions throughout the day so far.

We pray for rain out here...........lol

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 141. 

8i chipping practice to start off with using my putting stroke. (Runyon) Focus was on alignment, aim, and green reads. Hit 56 balls from vaious areas, too various areas. Hit a few with an open face. (C+)

After that, I went to the putting green. Focus was on lagging the ball close, and no three putts. Putted well enough, a couple of guys ask what putter I was using. They were surprised by what 900 grams felt like. (A-)

Probably going to play 9 holes later this evening. 

In My Bag:

5/21/17:

Day 5:

Working out why my irons are going short. It's definitely the strike I'm catching it high or low, and blades have zero forgiveness.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

DAY 182B    I was able to get out again and was on the range for an hour, before heading out to the course to play 9 holes.  Since the course was empty, I was able to hit LOTS of pitch shots around a couple of the greens.  The weather held up so I was able to complete the 9.  Attached is a picture of the sand trap to the left of the second green... easy to see the amount of water in it.  The second picture is from the 9th fairway.

IMG_20180521_161735685.jpg

IMG_20180521_173200896.jpg

Day 20:

Easily 5 Minutes throughout the day doing mirror work. Worked on elbows and also address position with driver and 3 woods off the tee to make sure I had correct spine alignment. Also I did over an hour of game planning today. Primarily evaluating my shot zones at my home course via google maps. 

Day 16: 5 minutes of mirror work again. Just trying to ingrain the feel of keeping the club outside of hands at A2. Going to the range the next two nights, going to focus a little more on results than feels to try to get prepared for some tournaments coming up.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 52, May 22 - Playing 18 today with my retired friends. Will focus on one swing thought from my last lesson.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 183   Rise and Grind!!   Spent 2 1/2 hours on the range at Twisted Oaks Golf Club... working through the Motion Drills section of the GGGA Workbook.   Focused on staying in posture and completing my backswing turn.

Day 21:

Bit of a rough day at the practice green. The green was busier than usual, so I essentially hit longer pitch shots (25-30) yards to whatever pins were on the half of the green not being used at the moment and tried to get up and down for Par and at worst take Bogey. I was doing ok making 3 pars for every double (rest bogeys), until one of my last holes I flubbed a wedge into the water hazard when trying to pitch over it onto the green. Took a quad on that one..... 

My putting was ok but not great. I think my aim point reads were solid, but my bead and speed struggled a bit today. Two days until I get to play 18 again (weather pending)!

Day 142

Went to a different course this morning to use their practice green for putting. A green I am not familiar with. 

Putted to 36 pins from various areas, using one ball. I was +8 for an 80. Par is 72.

Focus was on reads, alignment, lag, speed, and no 3 putts. I had 8 three putts, and 64, two putt pars. (B)

I wasn't really motivated to go practice today, and is why I chose an unfamiliar green. Something different. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

• Administrator

Day 108 - May 22, 2018 - Hit some balls before my lesson at CHQ today. As good as yesterday felt, I'll have to spend a little time with the camera because today felt awkward. Likely just something small - not doing something "enough" or standing too close to the ball or something. But still, something I'd like to figure out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5/22/18:

Day 6:

Working on keeping my lower body lower through the swing today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 17: Spent about an hour practicing. Hit balls for about 45 minutes. I was just trying to get good contact. It was a weird session. I started by roping everything, then started toeing everything a little bit, but ended by hitting pretty well. I think what I'm working on is paying off. It was not quite as crisp as I'd want ideally, but feeling pretty good.

Also spent about 10 minute at the chipping green. Just working on getting the ball closer to the hole. Did pretty well with that tonight. I need to make sure I keep my speed up on all chips/pitches and just vary stroke length instead of speed.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 143. 

Early morning range work. 80 +/- ball basket. 

Nothing special. Just set up to a target, and hit the ball, using various clubs. Focus was on my swing tempo, timing, and balance. I'd say a (B-) this day. 

I have to report for jury duty tomorrow, so I will try to play 9 holes+ this afternoon. 

In My Bag:

5/23/18:

Day 7.

Played 4 holes today. I just wasn't feeling it. I love golf and all, but it was rough. I'll try again tomorrow.

• Like 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 22:

30+ Minutes at the range today. Primary focus was long irons/hybrids. Struggled with shanks during the warm up, but figured it out and started hitting some beautiful strikes with the longer clubs. Worked a bit on elbow position in the downswing...though my primary focus in todays practice was swing tempo and balance throughout the swing. Sometimes I swing too hard with those longer clubs and can't even hold my follow-through. I made progress today. 

Day 53, May 23 - some improvements yesterday but still need work. Went to range to work on latest Evolvr instructors comments. Strengthened grip and reduced hinge rate on backswing from A2 to A3. This is to help square the face on the downswing a bit more easily. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 184     Spent about 20 minutes on the range and the practice putting green before heading out to play 18 holes.  Played 18 holes at Silverthorn CC.   Turned on my Game Golf and forgot to tap it most of the time... so that was useless :-(    Shot 78, hit 12 GIR, but also hit a drive OB and shanked a 60 yard wedge shot into the water to the right of one green on a par 5 hole!!!  Back at it in the morning before the rain.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer