IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 109 - May 23, 2018 - Played nine holes with three balls and one club (a 7-iron) to try to get back some of the good feels I had. I succeeded at times and didn't at others. I think the ankle injury modified my backswing a bit - I noticed myself… not "rolling" my ankle on the backswing per se but not being super connected to the ground either. When I controlled that shots were better, but then of course I wasn't doing my arm piece. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 18

Range work today. Worked on very slow backswing stuff, and very slow downswing work. Worked on the sequencing of the downswing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

DAY 185   Rise and Grind.  Spent 3 hours on the range.  Working with the Super Speed Training Clubs, then a lot of motion drills from my GGGA Workbook.   Trying to improve my backswing and stay in posture.... along with a better release of the club.  It was humid, I went through three golf gloves.   Below is a picture of my station on the range this morning.

IMG_20180524_114042550_HDR.jpg

Day 144

Spent about 2.5 hours practicing this morning. This is, imo, way too much time to practice, but it was what it was. 

Started out with 30 yard pitch shots to a practice pin. Not really any focus on anything. Just pick a target, and hit the ball. Hit 42 balls.(C+)

Next was putting practice in competition with myself. White ball vs Yellow ball. 18 pins, with Yellow ball winning 2 and 1. (36, pins total) Again ,no particular focus. See the target, set up, and stroke the ball. Had 4, 3 putts. (B+)

Last was a 80+/- basket of balls at the driving range. Had my full bag, and used all my clubs, except for my putter. As before, it was see my target, set up, and stroke the ball. Hit two slices with my driver, using well worn range balls. Had a few fatties too. Overall I was in good shape with balls landing near, or on my target lines. (B+)

After that I met my wife at the 19th. We split a pitcher of beer, and an order of chicken fingers. Watched a little senior golf on the big flat screen. (A+)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

5/24/18:

Day 8:

Trying to get in a better position with my irons at impact with some impact drills.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

Day 110 - May 24, 2018 - Hit some balls downtown (Golf Evolution) after a lesson. As I suspected it was something relatively small. The ankle thing was a part, but the rest was just letting my hands gain some more depth. Standing the shaft up more was important, as was bending the right elbow, but I could let it bend further "behind" early in the backswing and this sorted things out pretty well.

Which makes sense, as one of the small misses the other day was a pull.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 19

Played 9 holes in league tonight

Switched up my pre-shot routine to be more concentrating on my downswing stuff. I take the club up to A3-A3.5, then pause, then start the downswing with my right shoulder going down towards the ball slowly. This helped my ball striking, and especially my driver. 

Pitching and chipping were OK, contact was good, everything was long because I am use to pitching and chipping with poorer contact. 

Putting was the downside. The greens were super slow tonight. I bashed a few short putts through the break. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 19: Spent about 15 minutes just working on putting with a putting matt. Just making sure I've got my start line, also making sure my stroke is the proper length.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

DAY 186    Get up and Get Better!!!    Was on the range for a little over 2 hours this morning working through my Motion Drills which are part of the GGGA Workbook.... continuing to work on posture and releasing the club.  Then played the front nine at my club... Shot even par 36. with 1 bogey and 1 birdie.   And most important remembered to turn on my Game Golf and tag the shots!!!

Day 20: Played 18 holes.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 145

Played 9 holes today for a 40. Putted lights out with 13 for the 1/2 round. 

5 pars, and 4 bogey ones. Missed a 39/38

on two lip outs. 

Just a chip, and one putt day for me. 

In My Bag:

Day 55, May 25 - Some backswing mapping, but not much else. Arthritis acting up in foot again. I should be able to practice tomorrow.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 111 - May 25, 2018 - Mostly home despite the weather (great) today, so I hit some putts and made some backswings with my BeCu PINGs.

5/25/18:

Day 9:

Went to Dick's hit a few 7-irons. My strike position is okay. I'm hitting it mostly in the sweet spot, but the ball is going absolutely nowhere. I'm not going to pretend to understand the golf swing. What the hell? 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 23:

Did 30 Minutes at the range. Full swing work with 3 wood. Oddly enough, I tried hitting off the turf today and it went well. The tee not so much. Time to slow things back down again, I started getting faster with my practices and I’m out of sync somewhere. Maybe went too fast too soon. 

Day 146

Reaquainted myself with bunker shots, using different wedges. The sand in the bunker was some what compacted, with weeds. I made do with what was available, after sprucing it up a little. Maintenance neglects this practice bunker, and I think I am the only one who uses it because of the poor condition it is in. 

Options were hitting out, and over a 5' hump to a pin 20 feet away. Used a LW on that one. Basically a full swing to get the ball up, and out quickly, with enough forward ball movement to land near the pin. 

Another option was a 60 yard shot, while still clearing the lip. I used a PW on that one. A little less dirt, and more ball on this shot. 60 yards was all the room I had. 

3rd option was just a normal get out of the bunker using my SW. This to me is the easiest shot in golf next to a tap in putt. 

4th option was a ball close to the lip. Used my LW again on that one. The ball would fly almost straight up, and clear the lip. 

I even embedded a few balls where I used my AW due to it's low bounce. Needed a club that would dig a little deeper to get under the ball. All I want out of this shot is out of the bunker. 

I do this every once in a while just in case I have sand shots during a normal round. I don't have many, but when I do, previous practice gives me the confidence to at least get out of the dirt. Gave myself a (C+) 

Also, my club selection for these various sand shots are my own. Others may use something else. 

In My Bag:

DAY 187    Got up and Got Better!!!  I was on the range by 7:45 a.m. since rain is forecasted this afternoon.   Spent 3 hours working through the club awareness drills on pages 175-178 in the book by Gilchrist and Huffman titled, "How To Train For Golf Like an Olympian"