IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Dayο»ΏΒ 185 - August 7,Β ο»Ώ2018Β - A lesson didn't show up, so I used 20 minutes of the time to hit a fewΒ balls.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 49, August 7

Shoulder turn and set up work. Too hotΒ to work outside.Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Today I played a round and struck the ball pretty well but didn’t score. I used my putter in the bedroom. There are lines in the floor from the wood. Practiced keeping my putter in line straight back and through with the floor as my guide. Playing again in the morning. Hopefully the putter holds up for me

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid,Β Ping 2016 G 4-UW, Β Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree,Β Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree,Β Ping Craz-EΒ Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Day 65.Β  Went to a course near me to use their practice facilities.Β  I went to the short game area and hit 24 pitches.Β  I used it as a range where I could pick up a ball and step off distance, not as target practice.Β  23/24 were well hit.Β  Also chose this so I wouldn't have to use my range bucket for short game practice.Β  I then putted, doing a 6' around the clock (made 6/12 first time, 5/12 second time) and a 4' around the clock (9/12, a very good score, but one of these days I'll get 12/12).Β Β 

Onto the range, same story as yesterday.Β  I hit 30 balls, the first 10 were 8-iron (some partial some full) as practice with swing thought.Β  I'm now done with that until Monday (or Sunday if I M/C this week), focusing now on making good swings not with lesson parts.Β  The remaining 20 were split among my five longest clubs.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Day 14

Used impact ball to work on right arm position in the bs.

Putted on the plane board, 5 and 7 footers.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway:Β GBBΒ Epic SpeedΒ 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3WΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:Β  Epic FlashΒ 21Β deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway:Β Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping:Β G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges:Β :ping:Β Glide 58 deg
Putter:Β :bettinardi:Β ArmlockΒ Β :aimpoint:Β Express
Β :titleist:Β golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Day 50, Aug 8

Mirror work at the gym focusing on alignments and shoulder/hip turn. Also did a golf specific workout with resistance bands working on core.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

Day 33

Focused with slower swings on wrists at time MOI. Felt very good and by the end of todays practice, it began to feel almost automatic. Β Tomorrow I will start making sure 5SK #1-#3 work in a co-ordinated manner. I am liking how much these skills are eliminating a lot of the reasons for mis-hits.

In My BELDINΒ Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bagΒ :Β Β :ping:Β G410Β Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr, Β GX-7 Β (acting as aΒ 3 wood)Β Β :ping:Β 4H, 5H.Β SrΒ FlexΒ Β Β :ping:Β  G400 6i Sr Flex,Β G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0 Β Wedges (50ΒΊ,Β 56ΒΊ, 60ΒΊ) Β :touredge:Β  Chipper Β :ping:Β Putter:Β Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:Β Β e12 for the items IΒ try to hit on purpose.Β Β :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (withΒ PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 259Β  Β Spent an hour in the practice area working on my full swing drills.Β  The spent over an hour hitting wedges to various distances ranging from 40-60 yards as well as working on technique.Β  Since they had sanded the greens this morning I decided to skip the practice putting green and head out to the course to see how my swing changes are holding up... and impacting my ball striking.Β  I shot 77 which was not too bad since it is the first time I have played the back nine...Β  and I will play it a little different next time.

Below are a couple of pictures from the back nine. The par 3 12th is the first picture.Β  It played 168 yards into the wind.Β  Got on with a hybrid and just missed the 25 foot putt. The flag is hidden behind the tree on the left edge of the green and you have to go over it.

The second picture is from the tee on the 18th hole.Β  It is a short 320 yards.Β  Hacked my short wedge 2nd shot, though was able to get up and down with a nice 8 foot putt from above the hole.Β Β But the tee shot is definitely intimidating to me!

H12.jpg

H18.jpg

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 219

Spent some time on a driving range I found. Hit about 50 balls using all my clubs. Focus was on landing balls Β on, or near a line extending towards a target some 200+ yards away. (C+)

Planning on playing a little par 56 executive course tomorrow. Just wanted to get a few real swings in today.Β 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Dayο»ΏΒ 186 - August 8,Β ο»Ώ2018Β - Hit balls trying out a new training aid/tool thing I made from PVC the other night. It works pretty well, though most players will just want to use one of the noodles, not both. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 1 - Reset

Went to the range after playing in a golf outing today. Got back to hitting shots at a speed that I can see results in the pieces I need to work on. Good thing is, it didn't take me long to do so.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Day 15

Went to the range after work. Hit thru the bag working on aim with alignments sticks.

Hit some 25-50 pitch shots. Spent a few minutes on the putting green before the rain came.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway:Β GBBΒ Epic SpeedΒ 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3WΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:Β  Epic FlashΒ 21Β deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway:Β Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping:Β G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges:Β :ping:Β Glide 58 deg
Putter:Β :bettinardi:Β ArmlockΒ Β :aimpoint:Β Express
Β :titleist:Β golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Day 66.Β  I said I wouldn't overly work myself before the club championship on Friday, and I kept to it.Β  I still hit three dozen pitches in my golf room today though.Β  Half swing, gap wedge.Β  Would go about 45 yards (give or take) on a course, but hit into my net.Β  Real balls, off a mat.Β Β 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Day 51, August 9

Playing 18 today on a muggy 90F day. I am taking a cart this time. I don't want to repeat the death march from last week.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Dayο»ΏΒ 187 - August 9,Β ο»Ώ2018Β - Hit balls horribly on the range, so took my own advice and hit the last few very, very slowly. Focusing on the right pieces and doing them the right way.