IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 16

Hit 25 and 50 yard shots out of the rough to my chipping net at lunch. Did that for about 20 mins.

I will also be playing 9 holes after work.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 260  Spent an hour on the putting green working through a drill from The Scoring Method.  I have been working through this drill for at least the last week, and it is my "go-to" to improve my short putting (10 feet and in).   Setting tees at five points around the hole, I made 10 in a row from 3, 4, 5, and 6 feet.  The made 8/10 from 8 feet and 6/10 from 10 feet.   The goal is to work through the drill so I am making 7/10 from 10 feet at least... and for me not miss any until I get to 10 feet.  AND to do the drill in shorter and shorter times, which is strictly driven by making more and missing less so I do not have to start over at any distance.

Then thanks to @Patch  I have been developing my chipping technique using the Phil Rodger's approach.  So I spent an hour around the green chipping with a 7-iron.  I am making some progress -- yesterday I got up and down a couple of times using the 7-iron when I missed the green.  One of the great things is my new coach used to do schools with Phil Rodgers!!  So it helps with the technique.

• Like 1

25 really good shots at the practice range between off the tee (d & 3w) and 4h off turf followed by a very mediocre 9 holes.  Somehow, the golf gods decided I would hit the only tree on the course on my longest drive of the day and I would rim around and out on 3 puts.  I will check out again on eliminating strong push fades that have now wormed their way into my drives.  Putts were simply too hard.  Brought humility back to my work.  BTW, if I knew I would have this round a year ago, I might have been very happy.  One double bogie, no lost golfballs, most fairways hit and  2 GIR.  As this was a practice round, no score was kept at the time.  Frustrated by specific shots and not round as a whole. Perhaps the gods of golf were having fun and pointing out some considerations for practice. (Just did a rough count and I figure I hit 49 for the nine with 1 penalty, 5 bogies and one double.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 220

Played 18 on a par 56 executive course. Shot a 64. Fun little place to play.

Putted poorly for no apparent reason. Not going to worry about it, unless it continues on my next outing.  Hit lots of 4,5,&6 irons off the tee. 

Will be heading for the Avi Resort tomorrow, assuming the local fires don't get in the way. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 2 

Worked on putting today, mostly inside 15 FT. Struggled a bit with left to right breaking putts. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 34 forgot to post as red!   Yikes

25 really good shots at the practice range between off the tee (d & 3w) and 4h off turf followed by a very mediocre 9 holes.  Somehow, the golf gods decided I would hit the only tree on the course on my longest drive of the day and I would rim around and out on 3 puts.  I will check out again on eliminating strong push fades that have now wormed their way into my drives.  Putts were simply too hard.  Brought humility back to my work.  BTW, if I knew I would have this round a year ago, I might have been very happy.  One double bogie, no lost golfballs, most fairways hit and  2 GIR.  As this was a practice round, no score was kept at the time.  Frustrated by specific shots and not round as a whole. Perhaps the gods of golf were having fun and pointing out some considerations for practice. (Just did a rough count and I figure I hit 49 for the nine with 1 penalty, 5 bogies and one double.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 22:

Lag Putting today. Completed my 10 foot interval drills from 10 our to 40 feet. Then tried a new game called “3 no 3’s”. Start at 30 feet with three balls and putt all three until you can go 3 for 3 with no 3 Putts. Went from 30 back to 50. 30 ft was successful on first attempt, 40 ft six tries, and 50 feet was 3 Tries

Day 67, two dozen pitches (indoors, real balls, off mat and into net). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 11.

Practiced more on trying to limit how much my tail arm bends.  It felt somewhat awkward at first but I'm growing accustomed to it.  Hoping to get it on video tomorrow 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

DAY 261   Started the day on the putting green.  Worked through making 10 in a row from 3, 4, 5, and 6 feet.   Then did a short lag putting drill-- 9 putts from distances ranging from 25-75 feet.  The objective is to two putt all of them or better.  Made 1 putt and had 1 three putt for a total of 18 putts.  The 3 putt was from 75 feet.   So passed this drill.

Headed to the back of the range where there is a special practice area... worked there for 75 minutes on drills assigned last week. Every day I seem to make a little progress on implementing the changes.

Finished with 30 minutes around the putting green hitting chip shots with my 7 iron using the Phil Rodger's technique.  Then the rains came!! :-(

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 35

Short AM work due to a day full of appointments.  Some work focus to make sure I m using my hips to begin my swing.  Will follow through on the DR later if I get time.

Day 221

Just some pitching, chipping, and putting this morning. Nothing special. Just wanted to losen up after the long 300 mile drive. Left Oceanside at 4am. 

Early tee time tomorrow on the Mojave Resort Golf Course. 6900+ yards. Course looks to be in good shape. Don't know the other three folks I will playing with. Should be interesting.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 23:

worked on driving the ball today. After a solid warm up Inhot some balls slowly trying to get the feels down, and then sped up. Push sliced everything early on just like my last round. Figured out some things after that. Finished with some really good drives. Last few balls were partial wedge shots. 

• Administrator

Day 188 - August 10, 2018 - http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2330354

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 17

Practiced putting in my hotel room while waiting on the PGA weather delay.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

8/10/18:

Day 1:

Worked on extending my arms in the follow-through to hit my irons further.

Let's try this again.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 68.  Round one of club championship.   Shot an 85 (net 70), pretty happy with that. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/2330630

Lost less than one stroke putting, awesome.  Hit 6 GIR, awesome.  Hit another 6 near-GIR and another 3 greens where I wasn't near-GIR but had a putt for par anyway.  And then there were three other holes.

My tee shot on the par-5 17th was pulled and it ended up resting near a tree, where I had no right handed shot.  I pulled a hybrid, thinking I'd backhand it back into play and at least advance it.  Noooope, swing and a miss, then a pull.  Ended up with an 8 on that hole.  Debating what I should do next time.  Maybe use unplayable to take the ball back a few yards to where I could get a decent lie and punch the ball forward?  I think if I encounter this situation in the future I may do that.  Thoughts for elsewhere. 

Oh and if I did the calculation right, my Aug 15 handicap revision will be the lowest mine has ever been, almost regardless of what happens tomorrow.  But I'm going to try to shoot good scores tomorrow so I can play Sunday and I want to score well then too! :-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 12.

Received a reply from my Evolvr instructor where he says to focus on keeping hands low from A1 to A2 while having the club head bisect my hands at  A2 so I went to the range to practice it.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf: