4,832 posts / 220591 viewsLast Reply

Day 36

An "everything in the bag gets used" day at the range. Started with somewhat gentle series of swings with gap wedge. Went from wedges all the way to driver.  Two clubs, 8i and 4h, did not really want to come out and play at first, but when given a second chance were acceptable.  Very pleased with alignment and aim. In my 75 hits, only 3 were off more than desired as push slices.  Far better than usual.  Good fun day!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Day 222

Played 18 holes this morning. Had one of my best 18 hole rounds of the year. Hit my longer clubs quite well, and my short game was as good as I can play it. (39/38)

Course was 6900+ yards long from the tees we played from. The three folks I played with were quality people, who also played well. 

These are the days I miss, but will continue to play for. 

DAY 262  I watched a lot of golf AND rain today!!!  So my practice included using my Impact Ball so I could work on the indoor swing drills I was assigned more than a week ago.   Tomorrow back outside -- weather permitting.

Day 69.  Round two of club championship.  Shot an 87, drove it poorly, putted poorly on paper, but that's partly because I aimed well away from some interesting pin positions, focusing on getting on the green, but it did inflate my putting strokes lost.  Anyway, I'm playing in the final group in my flight tomorrow, so that's awesome :-) 

GG round: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/2332776

Long story short, all the practice this summer (this count dates back to June 1, with I think two misses in there) has paid off.  Now to finish the deal :-)  

Day 223

Just a little chipping/putting practice this morning. Focus was on one chip, and one putt. This involved reading greens, and hitting my chosen landing spot with the chip. Used 6 different practice pins (X3), and one ball from various areas off the green. Three putts, we're not an option. (B+)

Might play a round later today. Start times are a little backed up right now. There was enough of a thunderstorm last night, that course maintenance needed extra time to get things ready this morning. 

Day 37

Some words on not turning over on the down swing and  moving hips throgh on the turn.  Goal is to eepthe ballin the direction of the aim. While far from 100% perfect, the results are getting more predictable.

DAY 263    Spent 5 1/2 hours at the course today... mostly practicing.    Spent an hour plus on the range doing drills that are related to the changes I am making to my swing..   Then went out on the course.  ... I found a time when it was slow, and I hit LOTS of shots, and extra chips and pitches--trying to assess the extent to which my swing changes hold up on the course.  The irons were very solid, my driver not so much :-(  So back to the range for an hour plus to sort it out and continue to work on my drills.  

Then to the putting green.  Did a drill where you had to get 20 putts in a row inside a 3 foot circle at 20, then 30 and finally 45 feet.  If you miss at a distance you have to repeat at that distance until you get it. Happy to report I was successful with only 1 attempt at each distance.  Then finished with a 9 hole drill where you hit putts of between 20-50 feet to 9 different holes.  The goal is to two putt each one.... I made a 30 footer, so I scored 17 versus 18!!  

Day 53, Aug 12

Filmed my practice to see if I am doing the latest recommendations from my Evolvr lesson, straighter arms after impact. Worked with the 7 iron and driver. 

Day 70.  Third round of club championship.  Despite being in the final group (for my flight at least) and reasonably well rested, I was exhausted and played like it.  I'll post gamegolf and such later, right now I am still exhausted.  Had fun though, definitely gave me something to build on going forward.  Maybe day 435 in this thread will have better news :-)  

Day 190 - August 12, 2018 - Hit some putts on the carpet while watching Tiger play the most interesting front nine 32 I may have ever seen.

Day 19

Hit a bucket on the way back from Atlanta. Lw, 9i, 6i, 3w and Driver. Hit some 25 and 50 yard shots. 

Went to the putting green and worked on 30-40 footers with long back swing and short follow through. 

Day 25:

more mirror work while watching the PGA. My wrist was sore late this week, so it’s been nice not hitting balls this weekend to give it a chance to heal up.