IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 224

Just some warming up on the range prior to a 10:00 tee time. Mostly using my longer clubs.

Going with a different set up this time around. Going with a 3W, 12 irons, and of course my trusty putter.

80 is my target score today.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 54, Aug 12

Mirror work at the gym focusing on keeping arms straight longer after A7.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 26: 

Hit irons and filmed my swing today. 30+ minute range session. Got has been fun as of late. Even my bad days have been closer to my average days of earlier this year. 

DAY 264   Another long day!!  5 plus hours between range, putting green and on course practice.

On the putting green, I worked on a drill where I had to make 10 in a row from 3 feet, then 4 feet, then 5 feet and finally 6 feet.  I took about 45 minutes.  Then did a Lag Putting drill where you start at 6 feet then put a ball down every 5 feet until you get to around 50 feet.  I made the one from 6 feet, and then two putted all the rest... so I passed Level 8, qualifying me to move to Level 9.

Spent quite a while on the range with two large buckets of balls working through the drills I was assigned a couple of weeks ago.

Then out to the golf course... I shot 1 under par 35 for the front nine (2 birdies and one bogey). Had 3 20-25 foot putts that could have gone  :-(   Stopped at Hole #8 to practice chipping for about 20-25 minutes using my 7-iron. It is the largest green on the front side, so plenty of places to move around and practice.  Making progress in making solid contact with this iron on chips.

• Administrator

Day 191 - August 13, 2018 - Putting, putting, putting while watching the first episode of Ballers (season 4).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 38

Squeezed a bit of work in with my 50º wedge and my 4h, 5h and 7h. Wedge was responsive to how I hit it. All hits responded well with nice loft, short roll or solid bite.  This is now comfortable to hit from 50 yards out. My hybrids are now another matter.  I have lost a bit of the feel for them, especially the 4h, which at one point was the most well hit club in the bag.  I have lost all loft from both mat and tee.  Time to go back to square one! 5h was a bit better,though of the 10 whacks with this, I smiled only on 50%of them.  Finally, the 7h, which really is a metal combination club of a 7i/w.  This is slowly being thought more as a w than an I in my mind. Of the 10 hit here, 90% were just how I expected both in terms of loft and distance.

I don't now why, but I returned home tired. And, I returned home happy with the gap wedge touch.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 20

Hit 25 and 50 yard shots on my lunch break today for about 20 mins. Really starting to get the feel for these distances.

Went to the putting green after dinner and worked on long putts and 8 footers. Also chipped with the LW.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Day 15.

Was planning on hitting the range after work but it rained all afternoon so just did more mirror work trying to get down A1 to A2.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 71.  I thought I'd do nothing today, being tired and all, but I thought wrong.  While waiting for my dinner to marinate so I could cook it, I wandered up to my practice room and hit four dozen practice shots (full swing, real balls, mat, into a net, indoors, 8-iron).  I focused on my evolvr lesson from over a week ago and hit SLOWLY which I always felt self-conscious doing at the range.  Now I can do it at home and I don't feel self-conscious at all.  Anyway, it went well.  I'm probably still not doing it slow enough.  

Note to self for the future:  consider posting a video of me swinging slowly and ask those who know better how fast they think I'm swinging as a percent.  It's probably higher than I think.

(in case anyone cares, I over-marinated my scallops, as I hit about twice as many shots as I expected, but they were yummy anyway)

Huh, day 71.  That's the par of my home course according to the scorecard.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Played last Wednesday and went to gym after. Dropped a 45lb plate on my foot and had some significant bruising. Haven’t touched my clubs since. Hoping to be healed enough that I can at least go to the range and hit some balls tomorrow although considering playing a full round before work at noon, injuries def hurt the ability to practice/play!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Day 56, Aug 14

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on straighter arms after impact at A8 and A9.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 225

Just a few minutes earlier this morning doing some "carpet putting".  Did this before we got back on the road, for the final leg of our trip. I will be on my home course later today.

Targets were two coffee cups about 8' feet apart.  This allowed me to putt both ways. 15+/- minutes

These were all pretty straight putts. Focus was on alignment, aim, and rolling a straight putt. (B+)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 192 - August 14, 2018 - A good 30 minutes (with breaks, so it took about 50) downtown waiting for a lesson after doing my Behrend stuff for the day. Really got back to what I was working on all winter. Many, many balls back to flushed. Good feeling. Start lines good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 39

Worked only with my 4h to reclaim a comfort factor I had with it earlier this year.  Loft was better as it was clear I was hitting a more forward ball thesis past weeks.  Worked on position and line and not too worried about overall distance.  Started to feel SO much better. Topped only a few at the start. Round slated for tomorrow at a course where the 4h may be needed.  

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 72.  Hit a little over three dozen balls this morning (indoors, off mat, into net).  Getting back to that serious evolvr practice.  Will aim to take video at end of week if progress continues.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

DAY 265   Spent 4 hours at the course today.   Putting practice for 30 minutes working on very long putts (60-75 foot range).  The goal is to two putt of less all of them.  Then an hour on the range working the two drills I was assigned a couple of weeks ago.  Then a 30 minute lesson with my coach.  And a couple of hours using the new drills while hitting shots on the range.

I have found that hour long lessons do not work for me.  After an assessment of progress from the last lesson  --  I want 1-2 two drills to work on an issue that will help continue to improve the quality of my swing -- even if they are the same drills I have been using.   Thank heavens my new coach gets it!  So we will be spending 15-30 minutes a couple of times a week to check my progress and develop a plan for next steps.  This concept is outside the box for my PGA Instructors who sell their services by the hour.  As we agreed when I first spoke with my new coach, I wanted short, helpful instruction/coaching....  

Day 16.

Went to the range but it was closed because of all the wet weather we've been having.  However, I know the pro there and he let me hit short shorts (like 50 yard shots) so worked on my two pieces making slow swings.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf: