IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 2

I focused on alignment and hands while pitching. I'm working on making solid strikes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1 - reset again

Played 9 holes. It was a scrappy round. Lots of nGIR situations. 

Then I went to the range afterwards to work on a few things. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 74.  30 balls, indoors, mat, net, but real balls.  I am at the point where I feel like I am hitting it flush often when hitting even with the motions I need to change the picture for evolvr.  Plan is going to be to go to the grass range soon and get video.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 23

Hit about 50 putts from 4 to 8 feet.

Worked on right arm external rotation. Also did some speed work.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Day 59, Aug 17

Off day today. I am tired from to days in a row in high humidity. 😛 Just some stretching and easy swing motions. Left wrist is a bit sore too for some reason. I won't play or practice full swings until Sunday.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 229

Took my dogs to the nearby dry lake earlier this morning. Of course I also brought along a 6i blade with Hogan's name stamped in the club head. That, and four golf balls.

Simple idea. Walk the area, while hitting balls off the thin lies provided by firm, dried up lake bed. My dogs are there for there own exercise. We probably walked 4+/- miles.

I get about 170 yards per ball off the thin stuff. A lot of that yardage is roll out. On the fairway, grass turf, I am in 140 yard range. Hit between 40-50 balls during my walk. 

Targets were open areas in front of me as I walked. The open areas were formed by the absence of sage brush, and simulated long approach shots into greens for me.

Focus was on alignment, ball position in my stance, swing tempo, and picking the ball cleanly off the thin lie. Maybe a little scratch of a divot after the ball.

Counting my steps between shots gave me a rough distance how far the ball went. That, and how the club impacting the ball sounded, and felt to me.

Another bi-product of this type practice is legs, and cardio exercise. Also, some peaceful, quality time with my buddies. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 41:

Mainly concentrated on working with feet closer together on chips of <25 yards to green.  And keeping the left arm as the leading arm to not allow flipping with the right hand. It looked easy to do but it showed that I had developed a very bad habit. 

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 30: 

Struggling with my full swing again. Everything just feels weird. Hit the range today trying to figure out what I am doing different. Mix of blocked and random practice today. Hit some really good shots, and plenty of OTT shanks too. Worked a bit on trying to keep right arm connected to body...but sometimes that still results in a OTT swing so I have a long way to go. It felt easy a few weeks ago..not so much this week. 

DAY 268   Spent three hours on the range this morning!!   I went through 7 golf gloves due to the heat and humidity.   So they are drying out and awaiting another day.   Worked on hitting wedges to 34 and 107 yards, standing mostly on my left foot, so I could keep my head steady and weight more to the left side.  Worked on hitting wedges and 7 irons on a drill to continue to help me get more on my left side starting the downswing.

Showered and headed back to spend 30 minutes with my coach, discussing practice plans, performance, and adding another drill to work on the same issues (steady head - and more pressure to the left side).  Pleased with my progress...  waiting for tomorrow since tomorrow is another day to get better.

Day 3

I worked on alignment with my irons. I would set up to the alignment rods, then I would check my hips and shoulders. It felt like I was open to the target.  I'm trying to make this "normal". I've been set up 10-15 yards closed to the target line and I pull a lot of shots.

Day 17 technically was a day when I went to the range but I don't think we can backdate so officially, it's today.

Went to the range to work on my priority piece and I think it's coming along. 

However, my friends, I highly suggest you don't do this :bugout::scared::blink::8):

:naughty::-$

Edited by RFKFREAK

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 24

Worked on 25 and 50 yard pitch shots at lunch. Hit some from varying distances to help with feel.

Went to the range after work, went thru the bag working on start lines. Simulated hitting tee shots at Talamore and Mid South.

Chipped and putted working on long putts and inside 6 feet.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

• Administrator

Day 195 - August 17, 2018 - Hit balls for 15 minutes between lessons. Didn't like the wind situation, though. Actually hit balls during the lessons a few times and did well on those. 😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

August 17:  after work, went to grocery store with intention of hitting balls at home practice room before dinner.  Got home with some leg pain that I don't want to tempt (minor enough I could ignore it, feeling it enough I don't want to).  Going to use one of my "miss" days here.  Yesterday's practice was at 74 days, I hope I hit 75th tomorrow.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 4

Still working my set up. Every shot checking feet ,knees and shoulders. I'm also checking distance from the ball, and my wrist position. I'm hitting the ball in the center of the club but high. I'll be working on trying to make this set up a habit.

13 hours ago, Shindig said:

August 17:  after work, went to grocery store with intention of hitting balls at home practice room before dinner.  Got home with some leg pain that I don't want to tempt (minor enough I could ignore it, feeling it enough I don't want to).  Going to use one of my "miss" days here.  Yesterday's practice was at 74 days, I hope I hit 75th tomorrow.

Hope you are feeling better!

• Thumbs Up 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 42

A nice travel through the bag today.  All clubs ended on a good note, most did well on all 5 shots.  Need to increase spin on wedges, most lobs were good, perhaps need a tad more height to enter flop shot/Phil levels.  good shots with 7-9i.  Drives were long and just a very slight hook.  All in all, not too bad as I gear up for a round on Monday and/or Tuesday 

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 230

Did some chipping, and putting this morning. Did this in combo with each other. 

Focus was on reads, hitting my chosen landing area, and distance with the chipping part. 

Putting  focus was on alignment, reads, and absolutely no three putts, and very few two putts. 

Hit 56 balls from various areas around the green, while aiming at various pin placements. This gave me uphill, downhill, flat, and sidehill rolls to deal with. (B+)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: