IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 2

played 9 this evening. Struggled with the swing, especially off the tee. Really took me out of play. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 23.

Did work with my driver indoors today, doing a slow movement and focusing on not coming over the top as I incorporated my new swing.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator

Day 201 - August 23, 2018 - http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2352125

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 80.  I hope you aren't too bored of my routine, but I'm happy to have one and not let "busy at work" translate into "not practicing golf at all."  Three dozen balls, indoors, mat, net, that whole deal.  Hopefully will get outside this weekend! 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 236

Nothing but flop shot practice this morning, using my 4 wedges. 

Focus was on open stance, ball in stance, club face aim, and swing tempo for the distance required

The ball flies high, drops almost straight down, and stops with in a few inches from where it lands on a level green. Sometimes I will land the ball on a down, or up slope for a slower roll to the pin.

Other uses are from a lie well below a raised green. I even use it from a foot, or so off the green to a pin just a few feet away. It works well for a pin closely guarded by a hazard. 

This is my favorite shot, and I use it when ever I can. Plus, I am pretty good at it. I can always rely on it should my chip/pitch strokes start causing me grief. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 46:

Mainly focused on basic swing with my 7i.  I did not keep my down swing in a good plane as I topped some; sat for two minutes, thought through a proper swing and corrected it.  Why is my brain often taking a break from practice.  Perhaps too little coffee before early morning practice!

37220772_2020146188299735_1508965858129477632_n.jpg

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 37: 

Eh day at the range. Spent about 20+ minutes working on my priority piece. Small bucket of balls. Still using my alignment stick training aid. I really wanna fix this OTT move. Started with slow chips and 50% shots and worked my way up to full hybrids. 

DAY 275    Spent 5 minutes putting, 10 minutes on the range... and then played 18 holes.  Had a tweak in my upper back that never did go away, so I struggled through the 18 holes at the North Course at Lake Jovita G&CC.   Played with three friends who I had not seen in a couple of months, so the enjoyment of playing with them overcame the pain.  Now at home, with my PuttOut...   I am sure my back will be better tomorrow, so I can go out and work on my chipping.

• Administrator

Day 202 - August 24, 2018 - I played 18 holes today. Set up a little further from the golf ball, which helped a lot. Made an all-world par on #4 after a slightly bad tee shot and a bad bounce.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day nine  1miss

I just hit balls into the net, trying to practice routine. I stand behind the ball , pick a target, walk in, set the club, move in, set my feet shoulders then complete the swing. I did this for about a half hour.

Day 81.  While you might have guessed I hit range balls in my sweet golf room at home, I actually hit 25 putts in said room.  Over a ruler, drill from LSW;  25 balls, missed 2 left and 2 right.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 237

Course was a little busy this morning. It's starting cool off at night, and the fair weather, weekend golfers are dusting off their gear. 

Spent some time with some short chip shots, using my putting stroke. I was doing so well with it, another golfer saw what I was doing, and approached me about it. I explained the basics to him. He tried a few, saw something he liked. I told him for more info, to research the stroke using Paul Runyon's name. Probably another putt/chipper in the makings.

Focus was on reads, alignment, putting stance, landing areas, and contacting the ball with the toe of the club. My chipping/putting grip is basically the same for all my clubs. 

Hit 42 balls, with 20% +/- hole outs. All the rest stopped in easy, one putt range. This, assuming I putted well enough to one putt them. Normally I would putt them, but as posted earlier, the area was a little busy. It was an (A-) practice session for me. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 276   Spent almost three hours around the putting green.  45 minutes on a couple of putting drills and the remainder working on my chipping technique and skills.  Getting up and down has been the weakest area of my game.  So with some coaching and a lot of practice I plan to improve it a lot.  Maybe tomorrow I will post the 7 drills I am using and the two tests.

Day 38:

wow heck of a short game practice today. Played 18 holes of short game golf, and got up and down 9 times with no doubles. Using essentially the same swing and changing where I grip my lob wedge as the primary way to control distance. Much more control than I have had in the past over where to land the ball. I putted well also but have myself a Lot of looks well inside 10 feet. 

Day 47:

Returnerd to focusing on aspects of 5SK and head down in particular.  I worked only on my "second shot" clubs.  5h, 7w/I, 7i and 4h.  I was very happy that I was neither topping the ball or wild left, right turns.  Basically it was a focus on basics.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 67, August 25

Filmed My Swing while working on lesson items. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave