IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 77:

With a few important errands to run , at mid morning, got up early (perhaps, too early, as in not enough coffee) to make sure I got daily practice in, took about 20 or so swings hitting cotton balls, go did quite a few golf designed physical warm ups.  Hoping I may get to range later.  Now time to close computer to deal with non-golf matters.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 233 - September 24, 2018 - Hit some shots with the left shoulder down feeling that I'd been lacking lately with my emphasis on my arms/elbows/wrists.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 305  Began moving into our new home today... so I was limited to just 5 minutes taking practice swings with my back near the wall and using my shortened 5 iron.  Being near the wall is great feedback is you take the club too much inside on the backswing.   Hoping tomorrow I can spend a bunch of time with my Orange Whip working on tempo!!

Day 18.  I didn't get home until 1030, but I did find time before settling in to get some practice in.  Full swing, on the mat, into the net, real balls, 8-iron, 15 balls.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 19.  In a reversal of yesterday, I woke up earlier than usual (even for me) and spent some time hitting balls (off a mat, into a net, indoors, real balls).  I spent about ten minutes on this and hit some really well.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 9, Sept 25

Mirror work in the gym focusing on low point at A6 per my lesson. Mostly mapping and slow swing work for about 20 minutes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 268

Easy practice today after dropping the youngsters off at school. 

Had my putter, and PW with me, so it was some pitch, chip, and putt practice.

Pitch/lob/chip to a practice pin. Then one, or two putts to finish off that scenario  Using one ball, I used as many different lies, angles and pins  as I could.  

Focus was on reads, alignment, aim, and landing area for each shot. Same with the putts, with the landing area being the bottom of the cup. 😁

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 234 - September 25, 2018 - Putted for about 15 minutes while letting the new iPhone sync up.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 11:

Missed day 10. Short Game golf today. 18 holes. Had some really good and some REALLY bad pitches. Finished at -1 bogey golf with a 33% scrambling rate. too many botched chips that led to doubles. 

Day 78:

Worked through my middle clubs, or what I call, my second shot clubs 5-7i, 4-7h.  All were fairly good, though I topped some 6i and 4h.  When it happened, I sat for a few moments, thought through the proper way to hit those clubs, and fairy well made corrections. No wild left or right turns. Hit either the green I was aiming for or ended up slightly off or just in front.  

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 306   Hung out in our new garage swinging the Orange Whip for quite a while today as we had lots of workers in our new home.....   installing security systems, internet/tv/phone, changing door locks, etc. etc.   Time to sleep and repeat again tomorrow. :-)

Day 269

Anyone who reads my daily practice routines, will see that they are repetitive. I tend to practice on situations I commonly see when playing for a score. Sometimes, when a weird scenario presents itself, during practice, I will take the time to  figure it out based on my own ability. I actually like to find newer, or tougher problems to figure out in my golf game. It helps to fight complacency. 

Today was just full swing practice, where I worked on swing tempo/timing (speed) and staying in balance, through out my swing. Didn't want to swing too fast, and didn't want to swing too slow. I wanted to swing my own, balanced swing. Everyone has their own swing (speed) tempo/timing that allows them to stay balenced through out their wing. I hit 42 balls towards a target with my 4i. 

After that it was a little putting practice. All first putts were between 10-15 feet. Second putts, when needed, (and they were)  were in the 1-3 foot range.  Par was 36, I had 35. No three putts this day. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 12: 

Putting practice. 18 holes of lag putting. A little no "3 Putt" challenge if you will. Ended up with 4 3-putts and 1 1-putt. +3 for 18 holes. Took about 20 minutes. 

Day 10, Sept 26

Mirror work at the gym for about 15 minutes. Focused on lower hands at A6 again. Hope to hit balls later and film it if the rain holds off.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 235 - September 26, 2018 - Helped Natalie out and hit a bunch of 7-irons on the course while she was playing. Hit them pretty well.

Day 79:

Hit 6 shots with every club with a top tracker.  Lots of information I will be going over with the pro so I am not overwhelmed with too much information. I am mainly focused on average distance with each club as well as any specific information gained with the tracker.  I seem, based on first read, to have no huge range gaps between clubs.  Appears to be about 10 - 12 between clubs.  So, I am basically happy that my club set appears to cover the range of what I need.  It was fun and I will update at some point.

DAY 307      Again working with my Orange Whip, actually the SkilZ version of it.    Tempo, tempo, tempo......  swinging from the opposite side so that sometime in the next month I can post my opposite/left-handed swing and get that award.  :-)

Day 20.  It's a regular routine now.  I think even if I don't play golf ever again (and I have two rounds scheduled in the next two weeks), doing this regularly is a good way to wind down at the end of the day.  I hit 15 balls, slowly, at home, off a mat, into a net, focusing on setup.  There's something amazingly peaceful about it in my mind now.

-- Michael | My swing!