IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 11, Sept 27

Playing 18 today. I did some work on sand shots, so we'll see how that goes today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 270

This morning it was 40 yard shots, where I had to carry a bunker, and clear a 4' burm on the far edge of the bunker. 

Idea was to land the ball on the far side, down slope of the burm, so the ball would roll down hill to the practice pin. Since everything is semi rough where I was practicing, which rules out much roll, if any, just hitting the down slope was good enough. Hit 28 balls with mostly positive results. No balls in the bunker anyways.

Next, I moved up about 10 yards, and hit flop shots at the pin. 

Idea was to clear the bunker, and the burm, while dropping the ball near the pin. A drop and stop shot. Hit 14 balls, with one ball rolling back into the bunker. Knocked it close, out of the bunker with one stroke. 

Focus with all 42 shots was alignment, aim, one piece take away, with a good swing tempo. On the flops I opened up the club face, keeping it square to the pin, and opening my stance a little.

I was happy with the overall, positive reults with this morning's practice effort. Will be playing 18 a little later to day. M

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 13: 

Wedge day! Took all four of my wedges and worked on full and flighted wedges. Pretty good day. Worked on different trajectories and distances and which clubs worked best for different scenarios. Only downside was hitting off a mat, though I think sound and feel gave me a pretty good indicator if I caught the ball fat and just got lucky off the bounce of the mat. 30+ minutes at the range today...maybe closer to 45 minutes. 

Day 80

Spent the day looking over the results of my day on the Launch Monitor .  It does show a strong basic working technique for someone who is just a year away from physical limitations and regaining ways to play the game.  

Distance and separation os distance from club to club is solid, but we will see if my ball speed may move a bit further.  If not, then I have the knowledge in club selection to play a game for myself. 

Yes there is lot I have never through of, spin rates on my wedges and other irons.  That is something I never considered since starting playing in 1969 as way AoA for my drivers.  I will be aware of them moving forward.

As a teacher of voice, I am aware of such aspects of technologies in the vocal world. Even then, concentrating on aspects help me as a coach and teacher more than the performer.  Once the performance starts, that does not matter.  

I suspect, such readings I have now generated in terms of my golfing, it may help my coaches in aspects of my game.  I am not sure if I will think of any reading on the 7th hole of my next round.

But I will recall them at my next coaching sessions.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 308  Squeezed in 5 minutes of putting practice at the condo ... when I got back from a busy day at our new home.  Movers delivered and we unpacked most of it... then new bedroom furniture delivery, ....  now time to sleep!!   

Day 1

Did about 40 minutes of indoor putting practice, mostly 3" and 5" trying to to hit with a little less speed. I'm trying to overshoot by 6-12' now after reading a bit about Aimpoint.

I'm joining this tread to put a bit of pressure on myself not to skip out on practice when I'm tired after a long day. I'm realize I'm a bit late to the party but recently joined TST and just found this tread and I hope I can keep it up for the rest of the year.

• Administrator

Day 236 - September 27, 2018 - So my old feelings, plus the shoulder down piece, are really very good. It helps with quite a bit, and gets me back to a point where small adjustments can affect ball flight and shape. Really very positive.

It was funny, though, toward the end I hit a bunch of 3-woods. I was being a bit lazy with the arms, and the shoulder down feeling made me feel as though I was closer to the ball than I should be, so I was literally topping them or heeling them badly. So I put the ball on a tiny tee (barely above the ground), trusted the way my shoulder was working, and pulled the arms down. BAM, higher and farther than before. Hit a few off the ground to finish, and same thing.

Tiny differences can have big effects, particularly on the 3W.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 21.  After work + TNF, hit balls at home (indoors, net, mat, real balls).  One of these days I'll have time to practice while it's light out.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

DAY 81:

Busy non-golf demands will limit my practice to the 10 minutes of swinging my 5 iron off my mat.  No golf balls of any kind hit, focused on the total body movement of a basic full swing.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 271

Full swings with my longer clubs on the DR this morning. Driver, 3w , 5w, 7w, 2i, 3i, and 4i. First time I have ever practiced with all these clubs at the same time. I don't carry all of them in my bag at the same time. 

Focus was on landing the ball in, or near my make shift fairway. My preshot rountine was also a focal point, since it includes my practice swing, aim/alignment, stance, posture, and maybe a little waggle. 

Once I was ready, I focused on my one piece take away to the top. A smoothe transition into my down swing, and into the inside rear of the ball, following through into my finish. No, I don't pose very long, if at all. 

All in all it was a decent practice session. I did hit a few stinkers with my driver, and 5w. I have never been totally confident when using my 5w. Driver problems were due more to not using it very much the past few months. 

Small basket of 40-50 balls

In My Bag:

Day 11, Sept 28

Mirror work at the gym for about 25 minutes. Focused on my priority piece.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 237 - September 28, 2018 - Slow motion mirror work for ten or twelve minutes during the time between matches at the Ryder Cup today.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 22.  Hit 18 balls (mat, indoors, into net, real balls) while showing off the golf room to a guest (speaking of which, I should do a write-up of what I have for the thread where I was talking about creating it).  Actually, it was more like three balls while showing off to a guest, then 15 where they had left the room, then I realized they weren't still in the room.  So the downside is I neglected my guest for a bit.  The good news is, I narrated what I was practicing, which I'd like to believe helped me focus (I will not try that at a range though).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 238 - September 29, 2018 - Putted early while watching the U.S. team suck at golf. Focused mostly on the takeaway and setup - my wrists were getting a little high and I was opening the face a tad going back.

Day 272

Out early this morning to hit 150 (carry) yard shots. Short game area has a pin/grass area that allows for this shot, where I can use my own game balls. Lots of folks use this area. The landing area around the pin offers very little roll. Maybe 3-5 feet. 

Focus was on aim, alignment, stance, posture, one piece take away, smoothe transition into the down swing from the top, retaining lag, swing speed/tempo (balance), and follow through after ball impact. A lot of stuff, but most is tied in with each other. There's probably a couple of things I left out. 

Target was not the flag. It was a hillside left of the flag. Idea was to hit the slope which made the ball bounce towards the flag.  

Hit 56 balls. Probably 55% were what I would call pretty good for me. I would either be putting, or short chipping depending on green size.  35%, although  "iffy" were probably useable for a pitch, and putt. The other 10% were why I practice. 

In My Bag: