IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 82

25 at the range using driver.  Worked on ball and foot position and, because of another discussion on TST, made sure of head position.  Happy with the results.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 23.  An hour at the range with 30 balls, including getting video to update evolvr.  The shots were as good as I imagined them in the indoor room, other than a few pushes.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 15:

Full swing day in backyard with the foam golf balls. As usual worked with my swing iron. Worked on backswing checkpoint and downswing feels. I’m hitting the ball quite higher than I used to. I think I’m ok with that 😃

Day 3

About 40 minutes of putting while watching Ryder fourballs. Working on speed and consistency but wasn't focused enough so it felt like wasted practice time. Went outside to spend some time on full swing (w/o balls) trying to get a better feeling for moving the weight forward and hip rotation.

Day 273

Practice area was very crowded this morning. Seems that with nicer, cooler weather, alot of golfers who hibernated during the past 95+ days of 100+ degree heat are showing up. No worries on my part. The more the merrier.

I worked on putting this morning. Due to the mass humanity on the green, I used my rabbit/dog routine. Using two balls, I putt one ball to the other one. Key is not to watch what the first ball does as it moves away, and comes to a stop. Then read, and putt the second ball into the first one. Probably stroked 40-50 putts, with better than decent success. 

The extra folks on the green are a big help, as far as focusing on the putt. Lots of talking, cheap cigar smoke, folks walking around, and balls rolling every where. Pretty sure I will miss this stuff some day. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 4

An absolutely beautiful autumn day in the Stockholm area! A bit chilly in the morning but I started with some chipping and putting in the practice area followed by 36 holes of golf. Irons and driver felt good but my short game was pretty poor (even given my embryonic golf skills) and my putting was horrible. Given that it's usually the other way around I was a bit surprised. 

More practice area time and less driving range for the coming weeks...

Day 83:

More of the same, practicing full swings for about 25 hits.  Good feel with no left and right turns.  So will move on to some other focus for this next week.  It is a very busy week with my real job focus, so will have to focus hard to work with the time I have.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 16: 

more full swing work in the backyard. Working on my downswing feels and backswing checkpoint. Went after a few pretty hard and was making some great solid contact. 

Day 13, Sept 30

Worked on my priority piece hitting in to my net. Filmed it. Also filmed some pitches. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 311  An indoor day... Pulled out my Edel Putter and spend some time rolling putts on the carpet in my office... then worked with my Momentus Strength Trainer to help increase strength to I can hit it further!!  (which is everyone's goal) :-)

Day 24, two dozen full swings (usual focus, usual setup) this evening.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 239 - September 30, 2018 - Hit some pitching wedges on the range while the kids warmed up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 274

Practiced on really wet grass this morning. Between the rain, and irrigstion last night, conditions were a bit soggy. 

Went with my 7w as it won't dig in, and slides easily over the wet turf. All I do is choke down, and play the ball a little more forward in my stance. I even use this club to putt with, so it doubles as a chip, and putt practice club. (it's my putter in 3 club tournies) I was glad last night's weather provided these conditions to practice in. This particular practice green apparently had pretty good drainage, and took my foot steps quite well. 

Focus was on reads, alignment, a controlled back stroke for distance control, and hitting my landing spot. My landing spot is a little closer to me, than when chipping with irons. Off the 7w, the ball comes off the face a little lower, and faster. Starting the roll earlier, helps even things out. 

Hit about 45+/- balls from various distances off the green, to different practice pins. 

After that, I went to the practice green, but saw others leaving foot prints due to the wet conditions. I decided to give the green less damage, and went on my way. I did ask the counter guy why the green was open in the first place. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 84:

Quick 25  3/4 swings to work to keep distance into a specific range.  Slightly over hit about half of the balls, but none SO bad that I would have left myself an impossible recovery.  If this keeps up, I will re-examine club choice. Perhaps I just felt TOO strong today.

Day 17:

Pretty wet after the hard rain, but I worked on some low chips and bump and run type shots around the green for about 15 minutes. I am getting pretty good at this skill. I spent 5 minutes or so hitting some pitch shots from deep wet rough around the green....that did not go so well. 

DAY 312   I am SOOOO looking forward to tomorrow.  I will be able to get back to the golf course :-)    Today I was able to get in my 5 minutes using my Momentus Strength Trainer and my Impact Ball.  Working on strength and range of motion.