IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 240 - October 1, 2018 - Chipped and putted a bit while doing some printing for our home invitational this afternoon. Wow. It's October already.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 25.  I got back from work late tonight, but not too late to hit a dozen well-set-up full swings (indoors, off mat, into a net, real balls).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 275

Just hit a partial bucket of balls this morning. Didn't focus on much. Just a target down range. Just wanted to get some full swings in to to keep these old muscles active. 

Going to go back to my normal bag make up for a few month. More metal woods, and fewer irons. Conditions look to be a little wetter for the for seeable future. For me, metal woods react better when hitting off damp conditions. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 15, October 2

Mirror work at the gym again. Focused on priority piece.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 18:

Struggled with losing some feels today at the range. Wasn’t an abysmal session by any means but nothing felt right throughout the bag. 

Day 85

Today startet with dodging rain drops here in the Western part of Phoenix.  And it is scheduled to continue all of today and parts of tomorrow.  So I started my day with 3/4 swings off a mt and cotton golf balls indoors.  That to keep on tack.   Focused a lot on grip and club position.  My dog had fun trying to get the balls and hide them.  IF, and the is a big IF, I will go to the DR later.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 313  Spent part of the afternoon visiting two different golf courses... trying to decide which one will be my home course for the next year.   I will be out again in the morning to follow-up on one of them!!   Another option that is popular in my area is a "Practice and Play" program offered by several courses.   For about $40 a month you can use the practice facilities as much as you want -- aka free range balls, etc.  And for very reduced greens fees you can play the course after 12 noon.   For example, in October you can play 18 holes for $6 which includes the cart!!!   And this is on a course where monthly membership fees exceed $500!!

So when I came home I spent 5 plus minutes working with my Momentus Strength Trainer and Impact Ball .... strength and flexibility.   Tomorrow hopefully I will be starting back  - "Rise and Grind"  :-) 

• Administrator

Day 241 - October 2, 2018 - Hit some putts and chips while walking around with some kids playing off for the conference championship.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 6

Managed to get in 15 minutes of putting before bed. Again focusing on speed. Hopefully I'll be able to find time for to hit the practice area tomorrow. 

Day 26.  Today's practice is a bit of a cop-out.  My guests are already asleep by the time I can practice, and the guest room is next to the golf room.  So today is the medicine ball drill from LSW.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 276

Still getting damp mornings due to the western edge effects of Rosa. Did a little DR work with my driver, 3, 5, & 7 woods. Took out my 2, and 3 irons for my up coming cooler weather play. We don't have real, golf stopping winters around here. 

Focus was on hitting balls, and keeping them in, or close to my make shift fairway on the range. My fairway is made up using the flags down range. 

Worked on my aim/alignment process. I stand behind the ball, pick a landing area down range as my aim point. Then identify a spot along a line to my landing area, in front of the ball as an intermediate target. I then walk to the ball, and step in with my right foot, while placing the club face, with my right hand only, square to my intermediate target.Then, while looking at my down range target, I step in with my left foot, and place my left hand on the club. A qick check on my club face, and intermediate target, and I am ready to swing. Maybe I might waggle, mayb not. 

Sounds like a lot, and time consuming, but it only takes me a few seconds. Probably 70% of my preshot routine. The other 30% is taken care of when walking to my ball, where I decide on a targeted landing area, and club selection. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 314  Finally it happened.  I got to go to the golf course!!!   Practiced putting for 25 minutes while waiting to meet with my coach. Worked on distance putting drills from 20-60 feet from the hole.  It was so great to be out again!!  I would have hit the range, except, in unloading my closet, I took out two left-footed golf shoes!!   Now to find that pair of two right-footed golf shoes :-)

Day 86:

Clear weather allowed for a good hour of going from 3/4 swings to full swings.  More of a get the full swing muscles back in action as opposed to anything else.  Used only a few clubs and was happy with the over all results.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 16, Oct 3

Worked on my priority piece into my net with a 7 iron with slower swings and mapping feels for about 20 minutes. Then I worked on partial shots with PW, GW and 54. Had to move closer to the net for the 54. 

Finished with 10 minutes of pitch shots. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 7

Disappointing day as I had hoped to have time to head out to the club. Unfortunately I had to settle with some putting and chipping at home. Trying to find a good tempo for the putting but really struggling.

• Administrator

Day 242 - October 3, 2018 - Hit a bunch of 7-irons while toodling around the course with Nat before her District playoffs tomorrow.

Day 19:

Busy day at work, and bad weather every break I got so just some positional work in the living room making sure my backswing doesn't come too far inside. It feels like my shaft is getting really vertical in the backswing...but ya know...feel aint real...the effects have been good. 

Day 27.  Two dozen balls in the golf room (indoors, off mat, into net, real balls) after work this evening.  Usual focus.  Life is good.  

-- Michael | My swing!