IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 317   Headed out to the practice area at dinner time... Spent an hour on the range working with my Impact Snap and trying to do a better job rotating on the backswing.   Then headed over to the chipping/bunker area.  Spent an hour working strictly on technique --  using 6 different drills.  Hit 5 balls with each drill, then repeat, over and over....   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 245 - October 6, 2018 - Plenty of time putting today during the college kids' practice round. We need some help this year…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 30.  Played 18 today, two man best ball in a club event.  Course I've played once before, but we had to play from the tips which are like 72.8 / 128.  Shot low 90s on my ball, 2-3 GIR even.  Will do Game Golf post tomorrow (forgot laptop charger... oops).  Also back to 30 days! :-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 10

Indoor putting practice for 20 minutes. Mostly practicing 5-7 feet putts trying to focus on aiming as I seem to struggle with getting my aim right for these length of putts. 

Day 280

Just some easy going putting practice this morning. The course is just a short walk from where my RV is parked. 

Spent about 40 minutes on reads, stance, (aim and alignment) and stroke. Using one ball, I putted from mini flag to mini flag. 1, or 2 putts were ok, but 3 or more putts on any one pin was not acceptable. Most first putts were from 8, or more feet. Once warmed up, I had no 3, or more putts on any one pin. 

the grass on these greens is just a little bit different than what my home course provides. Maybe a different type of grass, I don't know. They are however, in great shape, and the ball rolls true. That's all I can ask for my effort. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 90:

Went back again to work on my 5- 7i and my 4, 5, and 7h.  A more than a little bit better today in terms of hitting targets, but still felt a smidge bit off, though I could not explain why.  Again, better with the 7i and 7h than the others.  I took time to calm a bit before each hit.  Perhaps I was, indeed, trying to clobber the shots yesterday.  Will revisit tomorrow to just solidify today's action. 

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 11

The early morning saw some swing practice without ball behind the house. In the afternoon I had a few hours of short game practice at the club. Some chipping and plenty of pitching trying to get better consistency. Unfortunately no putting as there was a junior putting competition at the main putting green. All in all a good practice day!

Day 1, Oct 7

missed a couple of days due to home repair. Worked on my priority piece hitting into my net with PW, 7 iron and Driver. Also did 5 minutes of pitching.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 318    I really like how close the course is to our new home!!   Spent an hour plus on the putting green doing the 21 Drill from the book, "Make More Putts"   21 is a game that focuses on both distance control and making putts.  Played it from 15 and 20 feet on a slope of 3 percent.  Like the challenge!!   Then headed to the short game area and spent 2 hours doing chipping drills.  Focusing exclusively on technique.  The last 15 minutes I chipped from 9 different locations around the green to see how many I could get up and down.  A score of 18 is the target... 9 chips + 9 putts... I scored 18 with one chip in and one two putt.  Felt like I am making progress... from a couple of months back.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

• Administrator

Day 246 - October 7, 2018 - Today I practiced my patience, and believe you me, it was tested. Thoroughly. All day, but particularly for 45 minutes.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 23:

Just played around with my 6 iron tonight after the girls went to bed. Worked on set up, a few chippy shots, and my backswing checkpoint. 

Day 31.  Second competitive round in two days.  Didn't do as well today.  I'm a little tired at the moment (long drive home, exhausting round too) and will get to the Game Golf portions later.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 281

Full bag (except for my putter) work on the range this morning. Worked mostly with my longer clubs, and probably more with my driver. 

Same routine as I have already posted in this thread several times. I am not much on repeating myself too many times.....lol

Results were mostly positive. Positive being my next shot, if on the course for a score, would have been playable. 

Going to try out a Par 3 course later today across the river in Arizona. "Riverview" something or other. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 319   Got a late start so I did not get to the practice area until 3:30 p.m.   Spent 90 plus minutes on the range working with my Impact Snap and Click it (to help with doing a better job of cocking my wrists and increasing the length of my backswing).  Then went over to the chipping/bunker area...and spent a little over an hour continuing with the drills I have been doing to improve my technique.   Now home for dinner.   Tomorrow should be an earlier start unless Hurricane/Storm Michael starts to act up!!

Day 12

Limited time today. 15 minutes of indoor putting practice doing 1' to 6' putts trying to get the putts to be 6-12" longer than the distance to the hole. 

• Administrator

Day 247 - October 8, 2018 - Punched a bunch of 7-irons on the range while the golf team was prepping for their rounds.

Day 91:

Irons only, including wedges.  I have become aware of my trying to force lift by digging under and dropping my right shoulder to attempt to launch more at the time of the strike as opposed to hitting the ball and letting the club do the majority of the work.

In terms of what I did, it was a much as changing from trying to get under the ball at time of attack as opposed to simply hitting the ball square into the ball.  I was able to get good launch, distance and out of the 150 shots over 2+ hours.  Topped ONE ball due to not paying attention and only a few were off an acceptable line.  8-10 yards separation as I progressed along the way.  Got the good solid bites and roll.

In addition, I simply stopped trying to smash the ball.  In the end, the 5 or so yards I lost in carry was more than made up for in accuracy. Tomorrow I will try to accomplish the same attitude in working with my "tee" weapons.

One last plus: by not trying to over do things, my wedges were the most successful in practice they have ever been.  It is now a matter of trusting my skills more than I ever have when playing my next round.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 32.  Long day at work, did my usual balls (two dozen today) in the golf room.  Felt good to actually hit the ball well after what felt like a ton of bad shots from tough lies over the weekend at two tough courses (and tough tees 'cuz that's how the club rolls).

-- Michael | My swing!