Day 24, October 29

Putting in the basement again. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 258 - October 29, 2018 - Did some work downtown while helping Natalie do a little thing for some thing she got in the mail a few months ago.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 340   Practice Swings in the home office... while vendors come in and out to further the furnishing of our new home.  Excited about tomorrow since I can spend it outside on the range, putting green and chipping area.

Day 18: Decided to do something different with my swing than just mirror work on my shallowing piece today. Just working on set up. I need to get a little more crisper at set up in a couple of ways. Just worked on my set up.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 110:

As planned yesterday, I took only my 6i, 4h, h5 and Driver to visit the range.

6i was my warm up for the day, results were good and when I decided to let it go full, I was happy with the outcome.

Both 4h and 5h seemed to have decided to let the loft return.  Distances were what I planned and I feel they are returning to their realm in my bag.

Driver was spot on.  Not sure why, after struggling with the Cobra as a driver, this G5 really seemed to say, relax and trust me.  I did have a few that I could have almost out driven with the 6i; I knew what I did wrong so no real desire to see how far I could launch this ball launcher.  Usually when things were wrong I lifted my whole chest and not just the head.  Seems an extra 30 seconds or even less to focus will keep the unloved shots from returning too often.  Round set for Wednesday so will see if I can put it all together on the course.

Goal will be to not show that I can play golf, rather to simply play and trust my skills and clubs.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 52.  Busy day, still found time when I got home to hit a dozen good pitches.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 302

Went through my bag at the driving range this morning. Target was a flag approximately 150 yards away.  

Focus was on landing the on, or near the target line to the flag. Preshot routine was used on most swings. Most were all full swings.

Depending on the club used, balls landed either in front, near, or past the flag. I was more accurate with the shorter clubs, especially from100 yards, and closer. 

Finished up the morning with some putting practice.

Might play this afternoon. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 46: 

Attempted Short Game 50, but was hitting such bad shots I spent the majority of my time just working on technique and making sure I could hit crisp shots (some from some awful lies) while trying to hit my landing spots. 20+ minutes. 

Day 25, October 30

Mirror work at the gym focusing on low hands at A6 and set up. Later, hit balls in my driveway focusing on low hands at A6

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 341   Fantastic weather.   Spent a little over an hour on the putting green.  I did two different drills.  The first one involves making 25 three footers in a row.  I set six tees around a hole location that had A LOT of slope to make it challenging.  Made the 25 though it took me a few tries.  Then putted from 20, 30 and 45 feet into a 3 foot circle around the hole.  You had to make 20 in a row from 20 feet to progress to 30 feet, ...

Then went to the range and spent 2 plus hours working with my 7 iron, 5 iron, 3 wood and driver... on keeping my head still on the backswing which requires more torso rotation and "no swaying" and then on the downswing getting my chest to point at the ball as it rotates....  Making lots of progress on the backswing, yet still "standing up" too much on the downswing.

Day 111

New daily focus: 5i, 6i ,7i and 7i/w.  They will be my practice focus until, at least, end of the week.  

Used the 6i both as warm-up and first club.  Topped a few during warm up.  Sat down, mentally went through the process for the stroke, drank a good amount of coffee and restarted.

Topping was eliminated, but it took about 15 more shots before I liked the distance a lot.  I took a few more to sort of burn it in my brain. Diagnosis was that I was trying to dig the ball up rather than letting the club do the work.

5i and 7i both benefited from my meltdown at the start.  Few mishits in general and no tops.  Need to take care to finish in the direction of the target more than I did.  I was aiming more for a fairway than a flag, at first.  When I went for a flag, I could plan and hit, with relative ease, towards a pin 135 to 165 yards away.  While often not a dead on lie to the cup, I made the inner part of the green that would leave myself with a one or two putt in most cases.

Biggest problem with the more a atypical 7i/w was getting too much roll at the end. Great height and good distance, but often rolled way beyond the target.  As I went on, I got a bit more bite but suffered a tad less distance. Not sure if it is the club or me. Off the tee, this club was a real beast and I am comfortable using it from 175-200 yards out, especially to clear a close on hazard or because I need to get bite right away.

More of the same in days ahead.  Tomorrow, I will do a short stint of this prior to heading out for a round at the executive course.  Thursday and Friday, I will focus today's clubs and add the 8i and 9i.  

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 19: Did the yardstick putting drill to work on my bead.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 53.  As per most Tuesdays, I did 20 minutes of putting, focusing primarily in the 10' range.   Real balls, on the practice putting green at my home course.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 260 - October 31, 2018 - Hit balls for ten minutes while waiting for the Coke guy to show up with our latest shipment.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 26, October 31

Mirror work at the gym, then range work later. Focused on my priority piece but also tempo.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 303

Played 18 holes earlier today. Also played 18 holes yesterday afternoon too. (82, 84) Averaged a little over 4.6 (?)  per hole.

Probably too many 5s, but nothing higher than those 5s. Happy with the consistency of my game. 

Met some decent folks which was an added plus. One guy I actually played a round with up in Bandon, Oregon earlier this year. Small world. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: