IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 33, November 7

Range work focusing first on low hands at A6 and higher left shoulder through impact with slow swings. Then I worked on 7 iron shots with that feel. Ended with some partial wedges and a couple of driver shots with the same feel.

Then I did some pitching and chipping with my 54 and 58 wedges.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 27: Did some putting work, working on set up and bead.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 118

Still a bit stiff over all of me, after standing most of yesterday as a precinct election inspector in AZ, I limited my work today to wedge shots not requiring a full swing.  My 50º was fairly good, nice flow, mostly on line but on the green.  Not enough back spin, so quite a few rolled more than I would have liked.  I would have left myself with putts greater than 15'.  When I tried a few 3/4 swings, I delivered good 60-75 yard shots with good height.  A few were off line but not so much as to have made an impossible next swing.

The 56º had similar results.  The lob shots were high with good stooping after a very short roll.  Most were well within 6'.

Went home and felt as if the workout was good.  Tomorrow, after a really good night of sleep, will return to full swings and some putts.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 61.  Brought some work home, did pitching (in practice room;  mat, real balls, into a net, indoors) in between things on the to-do list.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

DAY 350  Rise and Grind!! :-)   Spent my normal two hours at the range....  after warming up, used the JetStick to help with improving my swing speed... (6 days in a row).  Then continued working in Key #1 Steady Head, and Key #2 Weight Forward.   Making progress.   Had the opportunity to watch a person who has played in 2 U.S. Opens hit balls next to me.  He is now in his sixties, but still can stripe that ball!!

Day 55: 

Meeting canceled this morning so I went to the range. It was wet (as usual it seems), so we hit off mats. Worked on a few different feels and alignment aids. Wasn't getting much luck (shanking) until with about 10 balls or so left I noticed on my slower shorter swings my upper body was initiating my downswing. I did a few "pause" drills at the top and made sure my lower body initiated the downswing....and started finding the middle of the face. I only got to play around for 10 balls or so with it...but I think I found the piece to focus on to get rid of the shanks. 

• Administrator

Day 268 - November 8, 2018 - Practice and a workout before the Thursday evening Junior Elite session.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 119

Slight change of plans.

Worked on putting and close on chipping.  Good from 4' in, 6' in was not too bad, but left quite a few short. 10'-12' were ok but usually took two to get it in, dis not work on further out. 

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 311

Just some pitching, chipping, and putting practice this morning. 

Focuses were on green reads, alignment, and hitting the ball, near, or on my chosen line. Not all my reads were correct.....close, but not close enough.  

I have my free instruction with one of the pga pros at 3pm. Should be interesting. Maybe he can show me something on reading greens. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 34, November 8

Some shoulder turn work and work on   Pitch elbow feel. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 28: Mirror work on the swing today, working on that shallowing feel in the downswing.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 62.  8-iron, full swing, indoors, off a mat, real balls, into a net. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 312

Just some repetitive swing exercise this morning. Started off with my SW, and finished up with my 3W. Did this for about 30 minutes. 

Focus was on just giving my swing muscles, and body movements a work out during my swing.

On another note, just a quick question for the mods, or admins who might read this thread. Would there be any advantage for the individuals who frequent this thread on a daily basis to just add to their posts by "quoting"  their last post? Would this not put the individual's posts in order for easier review by others? A one stop look so to speak. 

That, and what would happen if I posted in green?.....lol

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 35, November 9

Played 9 today and shot a 40, 8 less than the temperature! I was a bit chilly at the start, but after three holes, I warmed up.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 120

Started out with getting used to my new 60º wedge.  Mainly did lobs  less than 50 yards. "lob" good, predictable distance, news work.

As well, got a number of swings in at large demo days at my DR.  7 different lines and I got a chance to try a number of 3i and 3h to fully finish out my bag!  Ended up with the :ping: 3h.   Loved the weight and balance, loft came almost immediately. I also loved the :touredge:, but something was not quite as comfortable.

About 60 full swings in at at demos and another 25 for wedge.

DAY 351   A VERY lite day.   Did work with my Impact Ball focusing on Key #1  Steady Head.   Tomorrow will be another lite day, and then back at it in full swing on Sunday.

Day 56:

5+ minutes or so working on starting downswing with lower body. Trying not to let my right shoulder kick out throwing the shaft OTT. Play 18 tomorrow...should be interesting.

• Administrator

Day 269 - November 9, 2018 - Putting work downstairs on the basement SynLawn.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets