IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 279 - November 19, 2018 - A bunch of swings with some training aids that I'm testing out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 39: Mirror work on the shallowing feel again tonight. Also making sure my set up is where it needs to be.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 72.  Ten minutes of half swings with my gap wedge.  Indoors, mat, real ball, into a net... mostly.  I managed to miss the net once.  No idea what happened there. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 130

Had to stay around the house today.  Some ball and mirror work and about 30 minutes hitting putts on a practice Matt.  It all felt goo so will see how together I have it for a round tomorrow.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 323

Just some warm up swings on the range prior to a 7:30 tee time. Looks like it might be more like 7:45. We are in line waiting our turn as I write this.. 

Started out with my shorter clubs, and finished up with my 3W which is what I tee off with on the first hole. First couple of greens will tell me about how my putting will go. 

No particular focus. Just getting limbered up. Feels good to be back on my home course. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 361    Rise and Grind... out early and in by lunch time.  Spent 2 plus hours on the range working through drills to help with Key #1  Steady Head, Key #2 Weight Forward, .... and less rotation of my left wrist on the initial takeway from the ball. Also incorporated some exercises to deal with the areas of my TPI Screen which need attention.  

Day 45, November 20

Mirror work in the gym and some impact bag work. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 280 - November 20, 2018 - Worked with a few training aids to see how effective they might be for some various students. Considering making a pegboard for teaching the putting stroke.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 131:

Basket of 25 before a 9 hole run on an executive course.  Made a major step towards a goal of no sixes with only 3 of them and no 7's!  Made two greens off of tees on par threes with one 3 putt and one 4 putt. Yikes!!  Other par three was on free in 2 with a 3 putt.  Really nice looking lofts that ended up short and one drive out of bounds did not help. Still a 48 over all was good for today.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 40: Working on full swings in the mirror. Going to play tomorrow, so I was more focused on ensuring I can center the ball with my feel than anything else (I do this by setting up to a spot in the carpet and ensuring that my club is centered on it when I would make contact). 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 73.  Tuesday, before evening social plans, I did 30 minutes of putting at my home course (between work and my social plans).  I attempted the 10' drill but the putting green became too crowded so I went to doing shortish (6-10' putts) around one hole. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 46, November 21

Mirror work at the gym followed by a golf specific core workout. I may sneak over to Golf Galaxy and hit a few shots there too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 3: 

Went back to the 5 "s" of practice today. Primary used my PW. Worked on some feels to help me shallow the swing path and not swing so "out". Not sure what feels I will go with yet long term, but I hope going to slower more specific swings again pays dividends. 

Day  132

Today I ran through the bag at a Top

Tracer bay at my usual driving range.  

A six week follow up from my first use of the bay.  The report, on average shows a good 10 yards between clubs, nicegeneral distance and +/- in terms of 10-15 foot off line either way on all shots.

Note I said on average. In reality, I hit some shots that would have been wildly off line or even OB, and not every club showed consistent result.  I did have great shots on all clubs. Not all clubs had a g-awful shots, manly my 8i, 3w and driver.  Each had 2 of 5 great shots; each had 1 or two very wide right of left turns on shots with great difference.

Will meet with the golf pro the week to seek ways not to change club face from a good square set to one that impacts open or closed.

DAY 362    Out and working hard!!   Get better or get beaten.   I continue to focus on reducing/eliminating the amount of roll of my left wrist on the start of my take away, along with Key #1  Steady Head and Key #2 Weight Forward.  Also did my swings with my JetStick.  Then pulled out my driver and I hit an all time high today of 109 mph on the SSR.   My average was in the high 90s.  I have no idea where that 109 came from!!  Since the other 4 swings ranged from 95-100 mph.  Great weather, and great day... spent almost 3 1/2 hours out there.

Day 324

Played 9 holes earlier today using an ancient set of Ping, Karsten 1 Irons. Man, I should be in comedy. 

What a treat.........

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 281 - November 21, 2018 - Some full swing practice in the reflection in the patio doors in my living room while watching the Pens game.