IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 54: Mirror work again today. Checking that I'm still shallow in the downswing and working on softening my wrists in transition.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 4.  Same thing as last night, around 10pm tonight after work and weekly socializing:  a dozen pitch shots, indoors, off a mat into the net.  I did not do my usual Tuesday afternoon putting. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 338

On the driving range this morning, using various clubs,  I worked on how I step into my pre-swing address position. This includes my down field aim. Club face aim. My posture. My feet to shoulders body verticle alignment. Width of stance. Also the ball position in my stance. These things are all parts of my preshot routine. 

It is so easy for me to get complacent when addressing the ball. That complacency will cause me to hit ball flights that cost me strokes.  Strokes I am forced to make up in some other part of my game. Usually near, or on the green. 

It's a pretty easy sequence for me.  I have already picked my club, and where I want the ball to land. My landing area is based on what I see in front of me while traveling to my next shot. Club is based primarily on what the distance needed is. Also, the situation the ball lies in. 

So, when it is my time to hit, I start out by looking at my target line from directly behind the ball. I also pick out an intetmediate target (spot) a foot, or two in front of the ball, that is on my target line. 

Next, while looking at my target area, I walk up along side of the ball.

I then step into my stance with my rear (right) foot.

Using just my right hand grip, I then place the club behind the ball, with the club face squarely aimed at my intermediate target.

Without moving the club face I move my left foot into my stance, (width) even with my right foot. This also takes care of about 90% of the ball position in my stance

Then, without moving the club face, I put my left hand on the club to finish my grip. 

I then check my feet, knees, hips, and shoulders for vertical alignment and check my posture. Maybe a quick adjustment in stance width, and ball position.

After a quick look over my left shoulder, at my targeted area, I am ready to swing the club. It something doesn't look right with that quick look, over my left shouler, in relation to to my targeted area, I can repeat the whole sequence over a again.

I know this sounds very time consuming, but it is not. It's pretty much an automatic series of movements that only take a few seconds. These few seconds can save minutes searching for a ball after an errant ball flight. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 295 - December 5, 2018 - Focused more on the late downswing today, club inside at A6, wrist slightly cupped (in reality flat, feels slightly cupped), arms coming off my chest a bit more on the follow-through. Low bullet hooks in this exaggerated stage.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 144

Worked on transferring the Orange Whip® feel into the feeling on may 7i.  One of the good feeling is helping me keep the swing path a little (lot) less a sense of casting.  As a result, hitting a long shot straight was a lot easier and I topped no shots today.  Tomorrow is much the same with trying ti apply the feel to my range of hybrids and eventually my driver and 3w.  It may not be the answer to all of my golfing woes, but it makes the process make more sense.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 55: 

2457416_av3fMENx.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

-- Daniel

DAY 376  Windy and a little cool today..... so I spent the time on the putting green.   Used the Pelz Putting Tutor to work on and get feedback on my ability to start the ball on line... used it at 15 feet and 3 feet.  Then hit a lot of putts with my left hand only on the club... using the Gate Drill where you hit a ball that rests between two tees.  The goal is to hit the ball and not the tees.  Finally did the Game of 21 from 15, 20, 25 and 30 feet.   Two and a half hours later.. it was time to go in.    Felt very good about the practice session in that it reinforced my need to continue to work on a more quiet lower body on longer putts, and for my right shoulder to go under more than around on my through stroke.  

Day 339

Couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to do this morning. Finally decided on 20-30 yard pitches, and lobs to the practice green using my LW.

There wasn't much difference between the two shots. An open face, whith a longer swing, sent the ball higher with a drop, and stop landing. Pitches were not as high, and a little more roll out. 

Focus was on getting a high percentage one putt, while switching between the two shots. I was happy with the results. Getting in some work with my LW is always a good thing. 

While there, a guy gave me a half basket of balls. I took those to the range and hit my shortened 12* (42.5") driver. The repair guy didn't shorten the original shaft. He just removed the head, and put it on a headless 3W shaft he had laying around. 

Although easier to swing, I didn't see any use for it, distance wise. It still feels a little awkward. Going to keep working with it. 

Also hit my (new to me) 4W. Really liking this club. Pretty sure it will replace my 5W. 

In My Bag:

Day 61, December 6

Feeling better but still on did some putting and shoulder turn stretching. I should be able to do some swings again tomorrow.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 18: 

Short Game Golf today. 18 holes. Shot Bogey golf. 2 pars and 2 doubles. No really bad pitch shots, and only a few really good ones. It was actually my putting inside 5 feet that wasn't clicking today. Lipped a few par putts out. Haven't been spending a lot of time on my SG right now due to my glaring weakness in shank city. Thats my focus these days.  

Day 145

Off and On rain prevented my round today, so I did swing work with and with our the whip and putted a bit indoors.  

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 377   I loved being out today... the weather warmed up and was very pleasant.  Did I tell you I love Winter in Florida :-)    Spent about 2 1/2 hours on the putting green working through a couple of technical drills.  Working to rotate might right shoulder more under my chin than around... and keeping a steady grip pressure throughout the putting stroke.  Then worked on one distance drill.

Then headed for the chipping area -- where I invested 90 minutes working on my chipping technique.  Chipping is the worst part of my game...so I keep on working on it, so that it is no longer a liability.

• Administrator

Day 296 - December 6, 2018 - Wasn't feeling very good after a workout, had to stop mid-way through, so just did some pitching work before my Junior Elite Program this evening.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 56: Mirror work, focusing on softening the wrists in transition.

-- Daniel

Just found and read through some of this thread topic.  I love it and will implement and state that I'm on day #3......worked on putting this morning for 20 minutes after my run.   Wednesday I worked with my 7 iron, working on flighting the ball in at a lower trajectory as I tend to hit really high shots.  Thursday was 30 minutes of chipping from 40 yards.

This goal of some type of practice every day SHOULD pay off towards my goal of being a single digit HC in 2019.

Day 340

Too wet to do anything out side, it was just some (30 minutes) carpet putting this morning. Pretty easy practice. 

Focus was on stroking the ball over a coin set about 12" in front of the ball. When the ball rolled over the coin, that meant I was setting up proprtly, and stroking a straight putt akong my chosen line. . 

In My Bag:

Day 62, December 7

Golf specific yoga stretching followed by some slow partial swings. Emphasized pitch elbow and shoulder rotation.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave