IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 119: Just spent 5 minutes working on my grip and set up today. Trying to keep it pretty simple today.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 40, 9 Feb

Swing plane drill for a few minutes with a 8i. No ball, just slow motion working on key points in my swing.

10 mins of carpet putting: 15 balls each from 15ft and 22ft - working on distance control.

Day 404

Just my lob, pitch, chip, and putt practice routine this morning. 

After getting my club selection, and green reads, I lob,  pitch, or chip the ball, trying to hole it, or at the very least have a decent one putt chance. Two putts were acceptable in a few instances. I didn't have any three putts

I hit these shots from various areas around the green, to various, practice pin locations. I use one ball. I also leave the pins in. 

Afterwards I went to the 19 for breakfast. Swapped a few lies, and talked some smack with a few other old timers. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 1: 

After a couple of days of sickness I am back up and at it. Today I hit 6 Irons in my Garage, focusing on my forearm feel for shallowing the club. Even after a few days off the results are good. Also, rehearsed my proper takeaway. 

Day 125, February 9

Too cold and windy for outside, so just some putting work in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 449    Very long session this afternoon on the range...   4 hours of working on my swing..used Feet Together Drill, SwingGyde training aid, Orange Whip,  .. all with a focus of being more centered throughout my swing..  Turn/rotate on the backswing and rotate versus lunge on the downswing, and keeping the shoulders on the same anglewhich gives me more right side bend as I move to impact. ...   Again I feel like I am making solid progress.

I am hoping tomorrow will be a VERY LONG session since I will not be able to go to the range to practice for about 8 days... since I am a Committee Chair for the Web.com tour event in my area... and it starts on Monday.

Day 211:

I have come to fully believe that when you go at a task in great spirits, much is accomplished.

Well, I am a very happy camper!  I went to a Ping demo day at The Valley Golf Center in AZ.I got a chance to try the new G410 Driver, 12º. The representative from Ping fit it with the Alta CB 45 Red, Soft Regular shaft.  The weight was set, by the Ping rep, to counter my problems with my overly wide draw. It was love at first swing! I was able to hit about 45 strikes and got a chance to monitor ball speed and distance.  I usually use a Ping G5 12º, senior shaft.

After that, knowing I may have found the driver I have been looking for, I went off to do my planned range round with a few clubs: 7i/w, 6i, 3h, 4h and driver.  I won't go into the details, but every club performed as I expected with an increase in ball speed.  My old G5 was a wonder as well.  Here my draw returned, but not quite as severe.  The irons made me wonder what the hell I was doing, draws seems what they should be and distance was a little better than my averages.  One 6i whack was perhaps the best this old man could hit.

The swings today put all together.  I was swinging more with my arms, great position of all my clubs in terms of face, rest followed well.

While I am not naïve to this game to think I have solved it all.  But a good day, no matter what the reason, puts us momentarily off the ground!

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I’m going to get on this damn it. I of course always spend at least 5min/day on my golf swing be it mirror work or just feeling my grip and making slow swings to the top. 

Today I did work in my mirror. I’m on Evolvr and making progress. Currently I’m focusing on setting up with ball more forward than beginning/less shaft lean and a steady head. Mark my head position on mirror...make a swing and recheck spot. Mirror work is really helpful. Helps me to set what feel I get when doing something properly.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Day 120: Full swing mirror work. Worked on my set up and grip, and working on not rolling my wrists/arms from A1 to A2.

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 361 - February 9, 2019 - Had a really good session today. Putted with @NatalieB for a bit, then hit about twelve balls really well, stopping on the backswing. Liking the face-on mirror I added downtown (it needs cleaned, though).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 405

Spent time on the range this morning. Just hitting balls. No real focuses, or swing thoughts. Just acquiring a general landing area, dropping a ball, or teeing one up, stepping into my stance, then just putting my swing on it.

I did not just "rake" balls to hit. I took my time between swings, while cleaning, and changing clubs. 

Only different thing I did do was give my second bag of clubs a work out. The one with the 4 metal woods in it. Have not used this bag of clubs in a while, preferring to my "irons only" bag. I can play both bags about the same.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 362 - February 10, 2019 - A good thirty minutes today. Swing back (good), swing down to A6, small pump and hit. Block practice, seeing what the feels are like in the wrists, arms, etc. Emphasizing the leg work so that that doesn't revert, and it helps the arms work properly anyway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 212

Focused on trying to eliminate my left turn off a draw from my driver.  So I spent the day with a Top Tracker (about 50 shots).

There were a number of things to focus on: good solid grip, foot and address position, an in-out shot pattern, and making sure I was not trying to push the ball up, rather letting the club set the launch angle and trusting  making it square.

As usual, I spent time attening to each of the aspects.  Address and for position were set well.  I then focused on making sure I was turning and not allowing my arms to move across  body at impact.  helped best by keeping the club moving through the line to the target.  It seems that this was an aspect of need in correcting the widest of turns off line.  According to Tracker, I was, on average about 5'-8' off line to the left, but that was average.  Most of the time mean was better, but I did have some 30+ off line.

On those I noticed, as well, I had not allowed the angle degree to work.  Usually, at impact, I had really closed off.

So I stepped back and sat and thought through what I needed to do to adjust.  I took some time to go through all the A positions to impact.  

Of course, the main object then was to put it all together.  The draw never fully went away, but the last 35 shots felt good and looked good.  Many were no more that 2' off line according to TT, most were no more than 6', thus the lower average.

Big thing is to get it to happen more consistently now!  You only get 14-15 uses of the driver/round.  Cannot afford to only get it going on the 15th whack.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 126, February 10, 32F

Worked on a new piece today, having hips pointing to target at A8-9. I still am keeping an eye on the other items too,  it I’ve made a lot of progress on them. Had a hard time getting loose/warm today though, so I did not do SS training. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 450    Worked indoors today with my shortened club.... focused on getting more of an angle on my shoulder turn on the backswing, since I have a tendency to have a flat shoulder turn which impacts my angle of attack on my downswing.  So lots of reps just turning to the top of thebackswing, and then trying to keep the angle as I move into the downswing.    Watch Cameron Champ's driver swing from DTL and you will see how well he does it.

DAY 2

Spent time at work feeling my grip, pressure and position. Having some arthritic pain in my left fingers so working on that. Once home more mirror work with my set up and steady head. Nice and slow. Mirror continues to be very helpful. I also rolled some 6' putts on the carpet. 10 in a row was my goal, starting over when I missed. Took me 4 restarts.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Day 121: Mirror work again. Working on grip and set up. Also working on not rolling my arms too much from A1 to A2.

-- Daniel