IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 153, March 9 41F

Worked on a few things today. Partial wedges with PW and 50 gap. Did 1/2 and 3/4 swings into my net and filmed them. Then 7 iron work with priority piece. Followed with 3W and Driver. Finished with pitching and chipping with 54 and 58.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 6:

Yesterday was first missed day of the cycle. Today I did mirror work and hit foam balls. Worked on my feel for the takeaway and getting more vertical in the backswing. Feels like I am across the line at the top, but alas I am not. 

DAY476    Spent an hour on the range, working on my backswing and synching the elements of my downswing.. I tend to have a fast body and leave the arms out!  Then headed to the putting green, and worked for almost an hour exclusively with the Pelz Putting Tutor on a 10 foot uphill putt.  I am learning that I need to improve my timing some so I can better start the ball on line.  

Day 148: Went to the range and hit balls for about 45 minutes. Getting some videos of what my swing looks like (not too bad!). Working on not rolling my wrists from A1 to A2. Worked on my long irons and driver, too.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 1.  I have been too exhausted lately, and even though I pass my home practice room nightly, I haven't even swung a golf club in about a month.  I promised myself that wouldn't happen to me in 2019, and it didn't, until early February.  Promise didn't even last five weeks :-( 

Anyway, I got to practice today.

Went to the range near me.  Putted for about 10 minutes, chipped for 15, then hit a bucket at the range.  I didn't focus on anything in particular other than hitting.  I know that is not a good practice.  I'm playing tomorrow, and after that, I am going to go back to evolvr (I owe them some money too) to review my last lesson, practicing again, and seeing where I get from there.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 399 - March 9, 2019 - Just got five minutes in today before some old friends stopped in to say hi. Felt pretty good  about what I was doing and at a reasonable speed today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day (damn time change) 431

Range work this morning, using all 13 clubs. Bought an 80 ball basket. ($6)  Warmed up with the ugly, well used balls, using my wedges. The old balls don't fly very well. Best used to warm up with. 

After making myself a some what skinny fairway, using the perimeter fence, and a couple of flag pins, I proceeded to go through my bag, one club, one swing at a time.

The idea was to land the ball in my make shift fairway. Too many times have I heard golfers say they did well on the range, but couldn't keep their ball in the fairway when playing. Most driving ranges are several fairways wide. Pretty easy to keep the ball with in the confines of a driving range.

On each of my shots, I started with my pre-shot shot routine. The part after I get to my ball when playing for a score. I rotated through my bag short, long, short, long...etc. 

After my third round through my bag, I was hitting my clubs pretty well, and decided to end this range session. No need to ruin a good thing by doing too much of it. 

I gave the left over balls to the guy a few stations away. He seemed to be a decent ball striker. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 154, March 10 - Cat in the Hat kind of day.

Just some putting and chipping in the basement. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 242:

After a week focused on taking my use of clubs back to the very basics of each club, today I did a once through the reconstructed bag of my weapons to see how they stood as a unit.  The goddess of golf was smiling as I had, perhaps, the best practice round I can remember. On the whole, of the 83 smacks I took, only one hook got in the way of a wonderfully solid set.  Even then, it was not so far off that it would have been OB on my usual course.

The hybrids from yesterday were better, with the 3h giving me much better loft. Wedges were better in terms of target.  Two clubs which I had somewhat under practiced the week, my Ping G5 driver and my GX-7, were on line, good distance with mostly a light draw.  

I took my time to make sure I was properly addressing the ball and I took away my wanting to hit the sphere as hard as possible.  With the hybrids, I was consistently gettin ball speeds around 105-112.  They spaced themselves exactly 7 yards apart in distance and all had nice loft. My GX-7 was about 100 mph and finished out around 180.  The Driver had a slightly swifter ball speed and I finished it about 205-210.

I would gladly give up a few yards given the accuracy I attained today.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 11 - Went up to Erie for a lesson. Worked on shoulder pitch through impact. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

DAY 477   Spent 3 hours on the range today, working on my better synching my backswing, and keeping my posture through out the swing.   On my downswing I tend to get my shoulders and torso out of order!!  

Day 149: Mirror work. Mostly focusing on set up - getting my shoulders more closed at address. Then taking it to just past transition and working on not rolling my forearms from A1 to A2 and softening my wrists in transition.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 400 - March 10, 2019 - Spent 15 minutes working on my swing before @saevel25, @georgep, and @klineka arrived.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 7:

Bunch of game planning today for a course I play Friday. It’s been nearly 4 years since I have played it. Also spent some time working on my takeaway. 

Day 2.  Played 18, home course, with three friends.  2 GIR + 7 near-GIR ... bad numbers, gotta get back to practicing more regularly. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 432

Just some carpet putting this morning. Didn't feel like driving to the course. Maybe 20 minutes worth.

Practiced hitting straight putts. I do this by putting a dime, or some other coin about 18 inches in front of the ball. I then get my line,  putt, and roll the ball over the coin. The ball rolling over the coin tells me I set up correctly to my chosen line, and have stroked a straight putt. 

All putts are straight putts, on a line,  to a point, that is not necessarily the pin/cup/hole. Once the straight putt leaves the putter face, the green takes over the run of the ball.

When the run of the ball is read correctly, (green read) the golfer rolls the ball on the correct line, and the golfer's stroke has put the correct speed on the ball, the ball rolls into the hole. Easy Peasy..........yeah right...lol

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 155, March 11, 50F but windy.

Did a couple os sessions today. At lunch, did some mirror work followed by SS training. This is the first week of phase 2. Did 105/110, a personal best.

In the PM, worked on my PP using PW, 7 iron and driver. Filmed a bit of it. Finished with pitches and chips.

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 478  I spent an hour plus on the range working on improving the plane of my backswing... I tend to come in a little too much to the inside.  Then had a lesson.   My coach, gave me two more exercises to use to help with getting the backswing even more on plane.  It seems to work since I hit 6 in a row 6 irons right on target!!  So lots of practice with these two drills in the next two weeks.

Then we worked on my short pitch shots -- 15-20 yards.  I am terrible at these... my set up and technique were okay, however, my rhythm is way off, ... I flinch on my downswing.   This is a result of so many, many bad shots... that it seems like another person inhabits my body.  So we worked on my humming during the entire swing and until the ball stops rolling.  The humming must keep the same pitch and speed...   And we also tried counting.  I think the humming works better in that I was able to hit 9/10 onto the green relatively near the hole, and actually holed out one.   We shall see.