IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 7, completing a week.  I went and looked up my latest evolvr lesson, something I had been practicing in January before other things got in the way.  It involves putting a club across my chest and trying to change the picture that way.  I was able to do five minutes of this tonight.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 248:

45 minutes this early morning on the range butting green.  Various lengths from 3' to 15'.  Had to make 3 in a row before moving back.  First lengths went quickly but bogged down quite a bit around 10'.  While I eventually got to about 15', I was hitting 1 of three for quite some time. Most misses left me with a very makable putt, I was primarily working on the speed of the putts.  

Need to work on this a bit more to start feeling I am able to play a good complete game given everything els.  My next goal is to up the fun level.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 437

I did not mean to quote HJJ003 above. Just couldn't figure out what happened. 

Anyways, spent about 45 minutes working on chips, and putts this morning. 

Idea was to chip close enough for a one putt, from various areas around the green, to various practice pins. 

Two putts were acceptable, but not what I was looking for. 

This meant I had to read the green for the chip, and again for the putt, if the chip didn't hole out. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 160, March 16

Light day today. Just some putting in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8.  Watching the PLAYERS and waiting for friends to get here for afternoon plans.  No, that isn't my practice for the day.

I realized a few minutes ago that when I'm watching, especially golf, I should be doing drills during it.  So I'm doing a club-across-my-chest drill from my latest evolvr lesson.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

DAY 483   Rained early so I stayed in.... still getting over the flu.  So I fired up my KPlayer, and did drills with biofeedback to improve the issue with my Flat Shoulder Plane and my sequencing.  A handful of 5  minute sessions today!

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

• Administrator

Day 406 - March 16, 2019 - Mirror work in the hotel (got a good sized mirror here) at the Rules Seminar while watching Players coverage on Golf Channel.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 155: Just spent 5 minutes on full swing mirror work. Working on keeping my head behind the ball after transition.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 13:

Just 5 minutes working on my set up and takeaway. Busy weekend. Hope to spend some more time tomorrow and a lot more this week. 

Day 438

Just some putting ppractice this morning. 

6 pins clockwise, 6 pins counter clockwise, then 6 pins what ever I felt like rolling. Did this twice, using one game ball.  All first puts were at least 10 feet, with a few across the green in the 40 foot range. 

Green reads, intermediate targets, and ball speed were all priorities. :

Once I was warmed up, my putting par was 72. I finished up at 70 with 2 three putts. Most were two putts, with few one putts mixed in. 

My warm ups are lag putts across the green to the fringe. I work from long, to short putts, then reverse that. 

After a year of usage, I am quite comfortable/confident using my old, but some what new to me, Heavy Putter. One of the better "going out of business" discounted clubs I have purchased in the past. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 161, March 17, 38F.

“Top o’ the mornin’ to ya and the rest of the day fir me self.”

Nice session today, cool but the sun was warm. Worked on my PP with 7 iron, 3W and driver. Filmed it. Then finished with partial wedges, pitches and chips.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 249:

A real mixed focus.

After 20 minutes of physical warm up, I first used my 50º wedge to see if I were able to be a bit more comfortable all in all.  After about 10 not so great swings,I began to get a good distance (100 yards ± 5 yards) with a good loft but nothing quite too, too high.

Moved on to my 7i, again to see if I were able to control height and distance. For the most part I was happy, though I got one slice I have no idea where it came from.  Such is the joy of being an inconsistent hack amateur!

Finally, on to putting from 4', 6' and 10'.  I was on fire from 4'.  Dropped one after another, some with breaks I needed to well account for.  From 6' it was ok.  I would say hit 8 in a row than miss one badly.  I kept at it until I did 10 in a row.  And, we'll just say I need more practice at 10'.  Rimmed out way too many or I zipped them a bit past

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 484    Started on the putting green for almost 45 minutes totally focused on starting the ball on line... using the Pelz Putting Tutor as the feedback device.  I tend to grip the club too lightly and lose some control over the head.  So worked on increased grip pressure and maintaining it throughout the stroke.

Then headed to the range for a couple of hours, plus.  Worked through 4 drills -- Right Foot Back, Step and Swing, Backswing on plane checking with an alignment rod, and Impact Position.   Felt good about the progress....  now home and probably back on my KPlayer for 10-15 minutes this evening to improve through the feedback it provides in the training drills.

Day 9.  I kept to this:

On 3/16/2019 at 2:27 PM, Shindig said:

I realized a few minutes ago that when I'm watching, especially golf, I should be doing drills during it.  So I'm doing a club-across-my-chest drill from my latest evolvr lesson.

Drills while watching the PLAYERS, plus also took video of it to send to evolvr to see if I'm doing it right.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 14: 

good 15-20 minute session working on my backswing feels. A bit pushy at first, but figured it out and started hitting some solid shots (foam balls).

• Administrator

Day 407 - March 17, 2019 - Mirror work during the intermission after doing a bunch of online Rules tests. We did pretty well but aren't sure about this one answer…

image.png

10.2b(2) is about the line of play on the putting green or something.

NOT posted for comment.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 156: Mirror work today. Just working on making sure my head doesn't move forward in the backswing. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 162, March 18

Light day today after a number in a row. Some mirror work on position at set up.

Scott

My Swing Thread