IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 29.  Half swings and three-quarter swings with my 9-iron;  indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls.  Also hit a half dozen left-handed half swings with a sand wedge.  Five swings each dexterity with a medicine ball, driver drill from LSW.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 513. Just some short chips, and pitches this morning. Have alot of non golf stuff to do today, including 3 Granddaughters' birthday parties. 

Focuses were on setup, ball position, and club face aim. 

Used my SW for all shots. shots.

Goal was to hit, or stop the ball near my target several yards away. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 30.  Before heading out for part of the day, I spent some time in my practice room hitting half and 3/4 9-iron shots.  Real balls, off a mat, into a net, indoors.

I also did the medicine ball drill from LSW (driver / at home)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 232, June 1

Played a little par 3 with my wife. Worked on partial shots and hit extra shots where I could. I had 5 GIR on first tries. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 559   Indoor practice swings with my 7 iron, with my left foot back so I am rotating more versus swaying on my backswing .   Looking forward to the playing golf the next four days at four different courses-- that Golfweek Magazine has listed as top courses you can play!!

Day 235

Worked 3 cubs today, 50º wedge, 3h and driver.

Of the three, the 50º was the most consistent. I was using a 3/4 swing and aiming at a pin position 110 yards away. The shots were very good in terms of loft and distance.  The area I was focused on was trying to eliminate the overly to the right accuracy I tend to get. The results were fairly good.   Much closer than usual! 

3h was ok and I did not have problem with the hard draw hybrids are known to have.

Driver was good in loft and distance.  Accuracy was ok with no hard pulls.

I hit a few fades.  They were well within my target "fairway" Perhaps I was somehow over compensating for my usual pull.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 13:

Yesterday was my second missed day of the cycle. Did some game planning today as well as some drills on my backswing. Usual feels. 

Day 43: Played in a tournament. Not my best round, although I put it together a lot better on the back 9.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

6/1/19:

Day 38:

Worked on contact today. Swung some 7i, 8i, 9i, and all four wedges with my blades. Focus was getting really solid contact consistently. I hit shots with all 7 clubs until I hit 3 in a row solidly. I actually hit 130 yard PW shots in my streak of 5 in a row. The goal is to work on contact to hit farther with irons, maybe integrate something between my CBX blades and M6 irons later on.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 514. Just some more short chips, and pitches this morning. Same as yesterday. We have a lot of other stuff going on today. 

In My Bag:

Day 233, June 2

Light day today, just some short game work for 5-10 minutes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 484 - June 1, 2019 - Hit a bunch of drivers at Chautauqua after giving some lessons and helping Nat with her partial wedges.

D'oh! It didn't post. It was saved as a draft. Oh well.

Day 485 - June 2, 2019 - Downtown, hit off a mat doing my three-stage drill: 1) Good backswing without a sway (upper body), 2) Club lays down as I swing down, 3) Follow through slightly outward.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6/2/19:

Day 39:

Played 18 holes today in and out of rain. Shot 72. 13/18 GIR. 2 birdies, 2 bogeys, overall a solid round.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 236:

A damned hot day so I made it quick.  I hit 10 each with my 4h and 5h.  More to keep working on not tensing up and setting a good position address and making sure my target line was good.

No real mis-hits but ball speed was a little off and inconsistent.  So day could be called OK at best.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 560   Practiced for about 10 minutes on the range, and then headed to the first tee, ... first time I have played an entire round in my rain suit, and then there was cart path only, balls plugging in the fairway , rain, sun, heat, cold, windy, Canadian Geese and geese poop on three holes, .... trying to score on a course I have never seen before.  In short, not much fun, except it was on a Golfweek Magazine Top Courses You Can Play, and the round was with a high school buddy.   

Day 44: Played 27 holes (of really mediocre golf...)

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 31.  Today was a great day.  I did some medicine ball and short iron work (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls) early in the day.  I then got to the range for a full practice session:  flighted 8-irons, full 6-irons, and some drivers.  And I got video of those three things, which I'm going to send to evolvr and also finally update my "My Swing!" thread too.  I finished off with some chipping (for form;  the chipping area's green isn't mown to 1950s green standards, so roll out doesn't tell me much of anything;  I do get to use it to check carry, and form, and dispersion, and carry when chipping with a putting motion... oh, maybe I should do a ladder drill there next time) and some putting.  For putting, I worked on finding 6' putts that broke where I had to aim outside the cup, because I've lately noticed during rounds I can't convince myself much more than left edge / right edge and I need to get it in my head some shortish putts do, in fact, break.

Edited by Shindig
formatting

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 515

Work on 60 yard (gps) carry shots this morning. Carry yardage only because the practice area needs to be mowed. Tall grass will not allow much roll after the carry

Focuses were on stance, posture, ball position, club face aim, and a one piece take away

Goal was to land the ball as close as possible to my target. 

Hit 56, retired e7 game balls. 

In My Bag: