IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 25: full swing mirror work. Still working on my little move off the ball at address. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 414

More of the same with the driver, concentrating on more body turn and following through.

While I was more focused on the mechanics today, and I liked the results, the end of it all was that the less I stressed and tried to over power the ball, the better the shots were in all aspects: distance, direction and loft.  

I am able to remember what to do.  I have to work on keeping those things to keep the actions in the mind and body.  That is the joy of repetition.  What I do not need to do is try to over power everything when the mechanics are off.

Today the speed was in the upper 90's to a few I the 100s.  Loft looked great and I did not have any that were dangerous to fling birds.  I was a consistent 200 yards as a result.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 26: Full swing mirror work again. Working on the feel of moving off the ball, along with soft wrists in transition.

-- Daniel

The best thing about paper deadlines is the feeling the day after!  I believe this was my first big practice session in a while. 

Day 119.  Spent 15 minutes at the (mediocre) short game area at a nearby course, hitting my new-to-me (but really borrowed) LW.  Quarter and half shots.  I then went to the range (grass, real balls, outdoors) and hit flight and full shots (flight with LW, PW, 8-iron, 6-iron; full with 6-iron, 3H, 4W, driver).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 13

Swung the weighted club about 50 times, and then putted to the corner of the couch from five and then ten feet.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day....I forgot, but still continuously doing daily work, and/or play.

I hit full swing, 9 iron "Birdy Balls" this afternoon.  You know those things that look like a short piece of pvc pipe. (they are not made out of pvc. don't try it)

I was really swinging fast, slamming the club head into those critters. 

All I was looking for was a consistent distance, (swing speed) and a smallish (dispersion) landing area. 

These are a great limited flight training aid, since the Birdy Ball's flight does what ever the club path, and face at impact tells it to do. 

On another note, you can also use Birdy Balls as great putting targets. Just stand them up on end, and putt to them.

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 14

This is getting a bit repetitive, but I swung the weighted club for about ten minutes.  I varied my practice though by focusing several minutes on just my release of the club through the impact zone.  Then I swung a seven iron several times to get the feeling of releasing it through the impact zone.  After that, I spent another five minutes putting to a target three feet away, and then six feet away.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 17

8/31/19

Mirror work on the backswing with emphasis on the turn and trying to stay away from swaying. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 415

Worked my hybrids, 19º.  22º.  26º (3h, 4h, 5h.)

I hit many, many fine shots over all, good distance, speed running from high 70s to high 90s, direction was good.  But it was not quite nirvana.

With each club, I started with some really think hits, maybe 2-4.  Adjustments were made (I had not worked with these weapons in some time). When I made the adjustment of not coming down on my swing, I got the results I wanted.  

I wish I had filmed myself to get a better sense of when and how I changed my swing.  Will do that tomorrow.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 120.  I played 18 holes today.  I didn't make a par until #12.  I played the last seven holes with six pars and a double bogey.

I hit four GIR.  Only four.  The three par-5s and one par-4.  I somehow have strokes gained: approach at a better than 5 handicap level, so I must have done some things well.  :-) 

2750614_h71ouvOU.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

I also had strokes gained: driving at the 10 handicap level (I averaged 218 despite two poor drives), and my putting was about halfway between the 10 and 15 handicap level.  Still have a lot to do, as I missed a par putt at 6' (result of a birdie attempt from 35' or so going poorly), a par putt of 3' after a great chip, a par putt of 6' after a great chip, and an 8' bogey putt.  Not that I should expect to make all of those.  Still, things to build on.

Strokes lost short game:  5.16, and half of that is after a near-GIR at #11, then three strokes (pitch over the green, stub, hit on to about 10') to get on.  I also played out sideways (by accident) on #6 bunker, and put a chip really short at #7.   I am reasonably satisfied with my other short game shots today.  Again, though, things to build on. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 18

9/1/19

Pitched with my SW to a target 30 yards away. The club face is square at impact, but I'm still very inconsistent with ball contact.

I'm digging the club in the ground and hitting line drives sometimes. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

31 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Day 18

9/1/19

Pitched with my SW to a target 30 yards away. The club face is square at impact, but I'm still very inconsistent with ball contact.

I'm digging the club in the ground and hitting line drives sometimes. 

Kudos to you, sand wedge. And kudos to you, Craigers......What a name!

• Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Day 13 ahhh posting very last minute. Went over to a friends and was hunting dove and cooking out. Due to lack of birds we did a chipping challenge. Really seeing some progress here. Ended up winning of course. 

Day 27: Went to the range for about 2 hours. Worked on my long game for an hour. Things look good on film. My priority piece is definitely improving. Then went and worked on putting for about an hour. Making some good progress with speed. Lag putting is improving. Also worked on shorter putts for a while. 

Hoping I will put it all together next weekend for my club championship.

-- Daniel

Day 323, Sept 2

Played a par 3 today. Had 6/9 GIR and two birdies. One triple on a water hole.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 15

Today was a glorious day!  I finally got outside to the swing-lab and actually hit balls.  Hit a couple of shots fat and/or thin, but the vast majority were struck very solidly.  I really hit the ball well when I remembered my "back-to-target... face-the-target" swing thought.  Hopefully I'll be getting out to a par-three course after work one day soon, so I can see how all of this practice has affected my game.