IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 75, December 20

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on pitch elbow feel from A4 to A6 with partial swings then to A9. Did this with a 6 iron and 3W.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 159:

One of my best rounds on this 9 hole full length course!  47 with 1 penalty for needed re-hit due to large area of moistness and one for a lost ball! All the strokes for these punishments felt actually quite good, but it was the landing areas that were terrible.  They were basically on a good line with a bit too much fade right at the end.  Not  a wild right turn, but enough to cause pain. 

All clubs did show some better results from last round, specially my 4h.  None were perfect and a few made some mild invectives pass my lips! Only took 17 putts.  I was happy with that.

Ok, I also won the 4 some! (by 1 stroke, but a win is a win!)

Before the round I, took 20 swings with my Orange Weapon and maybe 20 hits on the practice range.

Back, perhaps today, to work on getting the clubs with the wider fades to be a little less so.  I will be ready for 18 the weekend.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 310 - December 20, 2018 - Played nine holes today! Woohoo! Hit one really bad drop-kicked driver. Fatted the HELL out of two irons. The other five drives were money, though, almost as good as I can hit them. The rest wasn't too bad either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 390  Stuck in the house for the next two days due to LOTS of rain!!!   So today I worked on my pivot A LOT with my shortened 5 iron.  This area of my swing is probably now where I can benefit from improving... which was reinforced the last several days at the range.  It helps me with Key #1 and Key #2.   So keep working and waiting for Saturday when the rain goes away!!

Day 4:

abysmal day on the putting green. I couldn’t keep putts within 10 feet in some cases. Just chalking it up to a really bad day. I play 18 tomorrow so I will make sure and do a speed putting drill prior to playing. 

Day 69 (nice): Mirror work again, same as the past couple of days. Working on that softening wrists feel in transition.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 2.  After some absolutely awful half shots yesterday (no, really, I missed the green I think 4 times from inside 40 yards), a dozen balls (off mat, into a net, indoors) with a half swing and a gap wedge. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 354

Easy morning with a few swings with my 5W. I have been neglecting this club. It's a confidence issue. Plus I have an old Nickent 4W that is working out well for me.

I used the 5W on the range, where I made up my own "tight" fairway, using the various practice flags. Hit about 20 range balls. 

After that, I moved over to the short game area. The long approach area was open. I hit balls too the 100+/- yard practice pin. I used a longer club, with an easer swing for that distance. Hit 42. balls. 

Just an easy morning of practice, just hitting balls. Focus, if ant was on a good ball contact.  Plus I wanted to try out my diy, pvc, shag stick I made yesterday, while just just tinkering around with some spare pieces pvc. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 391   The range and putting green are closed today due to the wind and all the rain we have had in the last 24 hours (>5").   So at home working on my swing with my shortened 5 iron and both reviewing the year and planning for next year. 

One thing I did this morning was head over to Office Depot to have them print out the Elite Golf Improvement Lesson Manual from Pro Tour Golf College.  The manual has you do an assessment of your entire game using various tests and then based on the results you identify areas to improve, and then set up your daily and weekly training sessions to make those improvements.  At the end of each month or quarter you again assess your progress.   It is a solid performance improvement process that has been tested and works.  So I am thinking about using it as a framework to help me achieve my goals for 2019.

Day 76, December 21

Mirror work at the gym focusing on A4 position and centered hip turn. Then a gold specific resistance training workout. For the exercises, I really focus on proper form with respect to my golf swing positions.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 160:

After a few swings with the whip and my basic warm-ups with my 6 iron, I decided to focus on  why I have developed a somewhat wider fade on my 5i and 7i.  Because I often use my 6i for warm up, it is less obvious.

Started with the 5i. So I did a checklist of basics: was my grip in too strong of a position, was my face properly set at address, was my swing inside-out, was I slamming the shot too hard with to firm of a grip, were my feet in good position, and, was my club in a good position.

Most were fine but the last one found me standing too far away,  so I was more on the toe of the club at impact,  I also needed the club to be opened differently.  Took a bit of work to find a good setting, but it was worth the effort.  Took about 20 shots and then took my 7i.  Because of the work I did with the 5i, it was almost from the start that I was happy with the shots.  Took another 20 with that club.

I am always amazed how little I think I have changed anything, but how much of a change it makes.  Now all I have to do is get another 2,000+ hours on the range to drill these changes into my body and psyche!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 70: 

2464691_nAELQXo0.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 3.  Spent half an hour hitting quarter and half shots at the practice short game area.  For the time being, my go-to 40 yard shot will be a quarter PW instead of a half SW unless I have to go over something.  Maybe that should be the case anyway.  I also hit a bucket of 30, took me about an hour.  All of this was real balls (short game was Snells that have survived 36+ holes, range was range balls) and grass, outdoors. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 5:

Played 18 holes at one of my primary courses. Fell apart at the end, but played ok. Steady golf with a few blow up holes scattered throughout the round. 

• Administrator

Day 311 - December 21, 2018 - Did two things today.

1. Putted with @NatalieB today. We played to three up. I was 1 up immediately, 1 up after about ten more holes, 2 up, back to 1 up pretty quickly, and then I won the next two in a row at some point to close it out at 3 up.

Also spent a good 10 minutes or so on the full swing:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 77, December 22

Worked on A4 position with some resistance bands and also A10. I'm trying to build a little core strength for those positions. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 355

Full bag, full swing practice this morning. I was using my 3W, 12 irons, and putter bag. 

Large basket of 80+/- balls, plus a few more some guy gave me. First 20 or so balls were for warm ups, while using my wedges. 

As usual, I visually made a fairway, using a couple of practice flags down range. This make shift faiway was a bit narrower than what I normally play on. Target area was near a flag at the 250 yard mark. I would never reach this pole but it served as a good target. Idea was to keep the ball flights in the the fake fairway, or at least very close.

Used my normal  set up routine on all shots. This included getting my target area, aiming my club face at my intermediate target, stepping into my stance, posture, body alignment, grip, and a one piece take away. Sounds like a lot, but it only takes a few seconds. 

I didn't pay much attention to distances since these were range balls. All I wanted was good ball contact, and to be facing my target at the end of my swing. Hit balls both tee'd up, and off the turf. 

On a few shots with some of my longer irons, I tried working the ball left, or right. I did this by aiming my clubface at my target, opening, or closing my body alignment, and swinging along my shoulder line. As usual, some did curve a little while most didn't. I found that the newer looking range balls seemed to curve more than the older, worn out ones. It mattered little since I don't normally play fades, or draws. I just line up square, and hit the ball 99% of the time. I use a very nutral grip, so a square alignment works best for me. What ever ball flight curvature I get, is what it is. 

All in all it was pleasant time on the range this morning. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: