IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 1- used stretch with 5 iron across my shoulders as described by @boogielicious for 3 to 5 minutes. Spent 5 to 10 minutes after that doing slow full swings with weighted trainer club. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

DAY 392   It was sunny, but a little chilly, .... so I put on my windbreaker and headed to the course.  Both the range and the chipping/bunker areas were closed due to all the rain we received the last couple of days... and the course was cart path only. 

So I spent 3 hours on the putting green.  I begin by checking my ability to start the ball on line by using my Pelz Putting Tutor.  Then I did a short putting drill from The Scoring Method.  I set up 5 tees around the hole at 3 feet.  You have to go around the circle twice without missing to complete that putting station.  If you miss you start over.  I did that, then moved on to doing the same from 4, 5, and 6 feet.  I then decided to work on distance control with a Game of 21, which I successfully completed from 15, 20 and 25 feet.  Then I did a lot of random putts using one ball -- uphills, downhills, sidehills.... all the putts were at least 30 feet. with the goal of always getting down in 2 IF I did not hole the initial putt.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 71: Just a quick mirror session today. Working on my soft wrist feel in transition. 

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 312 - December 22, 2018 - Gone all day teaching and out tonight, but got some good practice in between. Elbow stuff, punch shots, and a slightly weaker grip. Short response as on phone.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 6:

20 minutes doing mirror work with 6 iron. Filmed a drill I was doing to shallow out my downswing. Posted in member swing thread. 

Day 16.  Spent 2 hrs at the range.  Hit a lot of mid irons and 3 wood....just working on getting hands thru the shot and transitioning weight properly.  I really hut the ball well today....very happy with recent improvements.  I then spent about 30 mintues putting, the green was really soft due to the recent rain which also slowed it down alot and forced me to adjust quite a bit from its normal condition.  Still did well on my drills from 6 to 15 feet.

Day 160!

I limited my clubs today 5i, 6i, 3h, 4h.

Really good work with the Orange ball before hitting the white ones.  

With the 5i, I worked primarily on punch shots.  I was happy with the shots I planned for.  They were not too high and carried 100-125 yards.  Excellent for those shots to get me out of trouble and back to the fairway.  90% of what I was working for really came out well.  When I did not like the result it was because I did not get the ball to finish at a better distance.  

6i was mainly to see if I could get good loft to get out trouble on certain shots.  Nice loft and I really varied the distances. So by changing things ups, I was able to get the club to offer more options.

The 3h started out with some bit of slice.  I made sure I was using a slightly strong grip, but I was still getting results I did not want.  I checked my distance from the ball at address to made sure I was not too close.  I also really concentrated on path in to out. So I readjusted my stance and got good solid and straight shots.  But I would rather not have to take a 1/2 shoe length back with my left foot. But if that gives me the result I need, so be it!

4h on the other hand was giving a nice draw and so I spent little time worrying. 

Tomorrow may I be more consistent!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Dec 22: Finally got a 3 iron to finish out my 4-GW set. Spent about 20 mins hitting it in to the net. Worked on my A2 position with hanging unified arms. 

Vishal S.

Day 4.  Spent ten minutes hitting quarter and half shots with my 56, on a mat, real balls, into a net, indoors. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 356

Pretty much have made Sundays my putting practice days. Practice greens are not crowded with an early arrival. 

Practiced to 18 pins, which is a par 36 for me. First round of 6 pins is clockwise. Second round is counter clockwise. The final 6 pins are longer for lag practice. Had 29 putts, with no three putts. 

All first putts, per pin, were in the 10' to 15' foot range. 

Focus is on green reads, , body/clubface alignment, seeing the distance required, as needed for my back and forward stroke. Then rolling the ball on my chosen line. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 78, December 23

Range work today. Focused on pitch elbow feel in the downswing and continuing the turn through impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 393   Today the course was open and you did not have to stay on the cart paths, however, the range is still too wet to allow it to be used.  So 2 hours on the putting green!!! 

Started by getting feedback on my skill in starting the ball on line using the Pelz Putting Tutor. 

Then did the Competing Against the Pros Drill... which involves making putts from 3, 6, 10, 15 and 20 feet at the same percentages that PGA Tour Pros make.  For example, you have to make 6/19 putts from 15 feet.  You stay at this distance until you achieve this level of proficiency.   

Then did the Money Putt Drill where you have to make 3 in a row from 3, 6 and 9 feet.  If you miss any of the 9 putts you start over.... then did Level 2 of this drill where you use 5, 8 and 11 feet.    Finally did some random putts from difficult locations on the green to challenge myself to two putt all of them if I did not make the initial putt.  

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

• Administrator

Day 313 - December 23, 2018 - Putted today, because I worked out before I was going to practice, and my arms were too jello-y afterward to do much intentional work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 7:

Traveled to see family for Christmas today so just did a little work with the 6 iron getting the feel of the clubhead going down the wall. 5 minutes or so. 

Day 5.  Shot 85 (+14) at my home course despite four sixes and a seven.  Played the par-3s in a total of +1, and the lone four was on a hole I consider a par-3.5 anyway.  I played the actually-par-5s in a total of +2.  And this is the first round (I think) in which I had all four categories better than 15 handicap baseline.  So that's pretty cool and probably thanks to having had something like 150 days of practice since May 1 of this year. 

Here's the round: 

2466034_u4KUbTjw.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 161:

Mainly a day spent with family as my round fell apart and had to be rescheduled.  So, I still got is both swing work with the Orange Whip® with emphasis on the follow through turn and the end of the swing and not turning too soon.  The balance was quite good and I never felt out of control.  After 25 minutes with that, followed up with swings using my 6i.  Felt good.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 72: Didn't get a chance to get out to the range like I thought I might, so just mirror work again today. Still working on that soft wrist feel in transition.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 357

The burm (hill) by the bunker  was not getting any use this morning, so I worked on gitting balls off uneven lies. 

Uphill, down hill, ball above my feet, and ball beloe my feet. Target was my bag/trolley which I moved around for the different shots involved. 

I practice these shots just as reminder of the different ball flights involved from these lies. (low flight, high flights, fades, and draws) This helps with club selection for distance required when playing for a score. Also for where to aim to get the ball to land at my end targeted area. 

Spent about 40 minutes on these four shots, then finished up with some putting for a few minutes. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: