IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 79, December 24

Shoulder turn work in the mirror focusing on centered hip turn.  

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 17 was Sunday.  Just an hr of putting.  6 ft, 8 ft and 10 ft.  50 from each distance at 5 diff locations.  Best run was actually from 8 ft...rt to lft break of about a cup where I made 8 in a row.  

Day 18 today.  Driver drills.  Trying to work on that little butter cut.  I typically hit a very straight or slight draw....and right hand doglegs often leave me further on 2nd shots than I like.

Day 162:

Short practice but focused on a few iffy items from this week. I was working to get some more loft from my hybrids and both my 3w and Driver. I would have a great shot followed by an unpleasant one.  As well, lately, my ball speed has been quite a bit lower.  So focus was spent on physical basics and actually not been concerned with the results of any one shot.

The 3h and 4h started off OK; but, I found many ended up in a straight slice.  Many of these slices were perhaps 5-15 yards off.  Given most of the courses I play the most, they very well could have been on the fairway or in the first cut.  However, one course has significantly narrower fairways with only a short rough before you are out of bounds.  So If today were an indication at the start, I would be purchasing a dozen or two new balls.  As crazy at it may seem, MUCH, of the adjustment was where I was aiming.  With opening my stance a bit, I reduced the off line of the remaining shots by 80%.  5 yards off to the right with nice loft and distance is acceptable for now.  Correction worked for both 3h and 4h.

The woods were somewhat fine with line and not too bad in distance.  But what seemed lacking was any real loft.  Driver is 12º and the GX-7 is 14º and for most of the shots, I presented a real danger to gophers and the animals on the course.  I spent a lot of time with ball placement in the address and making sure I was not casting a fishing rod. 

It took 20 or so minutes with the 14º weapon before I got a predictable loft of 25 or so feet.  By the end of the practice it turned into "you got this; trust the club to do its work!"

Looking for some solid ways to not have the rough starts with really solid endings. Otherwise, it would be like giving up on the first 3 or 4 holes per round!

To all my golfing friends: I wish you a Very Merry Christmas and may Santa bring us all a better game!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 314 - December 24, 2018 - Hit balls on the SkyTrak to test out the WGT integration.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 394   Happy Christmas Eve to all!!!    Busy day so I could not get to the golf course.... so I spent time with my shortened 5 iron working on my pivot..... PIVOTING instead of my tendency to sway on the backswing and come out of my posture on the downswing...  Maybe Santa will bring me the gift of a "Perfect Pivot!!"   

Day 73: Mirror work again today. Working on that soft wrist feel in transition.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 358

Just an easy morning of chips, and pitches. Pitches were of various lengths up to 50 yards. 

Just wanted to get out and hit some balls before the day's family festivities gets into full swings. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 395    Merry Christmas to all that read my posts!!!   I hope you and your family enjoyed a wonderful day together.  As for me, I went for a 2 mile walk with my wife, and then I hit the garage!!   Spent 15 minutes swinging my Orange Whip to help with flexibility, and sequencing my swing.    Excited about tomorrow as the weather will be great and I will be able to be back at the range/chipping green/putting green!!

Day 9:

Between Christmas activities and feeling sick, I haven’t done much Golf related. However, did do some gameplanning today for a new course I will be playing soon. Christmas gift from the wife! 

Oh and BTW yesterday was a missed day and was day 8. Only one miss thus far. 

Edited by HJJ003

Day 80, December 25

Putting in the basement. Too cold to hit balls. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 6.  Am I allowed to do "26 out of 28" initially or do I need to accumulate 28 before I can miss one?  This might be day one if I can't.  I missed yesterday (12/24).  

Went to a grass (outdoor) range after missing yesterday, in part due to transit from home to visiting family for the holidays.  I chipped some basic 15-yarders from fairway level grass for a little bit just to remind myself I could.  I then hit a bucket of 45;  40 of these were spread between my 8-iron, 9-iron, and four wedges, roughly evenly, full swings (practice swing, step back, pick a target, shoot at target).  Seeing as how I missed the green after poor swings with wedges three times in my most recent round, I felt I wanted to overdo practicing with these once.  I will go back to a more balanced approach next visit, which will likely be tomorrow.  I also hit two punch shots with a 5-iron (should practice these more) and 3 driver shots (driver is fun, I only had one really bad drive last round though). 

I also putted for 10 minutes, mostly 12' putts, aiming to get the ball at least to the hole and give it a chance to go in.  

Unfortunately, I went too close to sundown to get video.  I should be able to get some video tomorrow. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 163:

With too many cookies to make disappear, I limited my golf duties to 25 minutes with the Orange weapon.  Had to burn some calories some way!

Hope Santa was good to you!

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 359

A little time spent getting out of very firm sand bunker. Focus was on just getting out of the bunker using my zero bounce wedge. (14/14)

Then a few more minutes hitting some 20 yard lobs off grassy lies that are a few days late being cut. Focus was on landing balls on the green.

Finished up with some green side chips. Focus was on making those chips from various spots to various pins. Most had a little break to contend with. (2/14)

I am now in the 19th drinking a warm beverage. Planning on playing 18 holes later today. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 10:

Good full swing work today. Due to rain I practiced with my turfmat and foam balls in the garage for 20-25 minutes. Used pitching wedge and hit quarter and half shots working on my clubhead on the wall feel for changing my swing path. Mostly good results. 

Day 81, December 26

Range work. Focused on A4 position and transition feel with right elbow.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 164:

As today was a day to eat other people's cookies, I started off with a 2 mile walk with my beast of a dog, Max, and 45 swings with my Orange Whip®.  The goal was to start with the ball  over a given point (in this case, it was a small weed  in the lawn and made sure, during the down swing, I brought the club forward in the same line over the same plant.

It took a few swings to secure that line.  I concentrated, as well, on not bringing the orange weight in too much of a downward plane.  Again, it took a few to be consistent, as did a nice flow with weight shift and hip turn.

Felt good both during and an hour after.  I have a few things I am ready when it is the to once again hit the small ball on the range!