IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 27 (Jan 1, 2019) - played in the hangover open at my local course.  22 of us made it, I finished 5th with a net 73.   Had it not been for poor play on the par 5's (7, 7, 8, 6) I'd have done much better.   Typically those holes aren't the ones that trouble me, so it was an odd day.  Lots of pars and a birdie on 18 that paid a skin made it a great day.

Day 28 (Jan 2, 2019) - hit the driving range at daylight and hit a bucket of balls with my pitching wedge.   That was my biggest issue over the last 2 rounds played, hitting those shots from 90-120 and getting GIR's.  I think I found what I was doing, and improved some this morning.  We'll find out soon enough as I plan to play 9 holes after work tomorrow.

Day 366

Carpet putting this morning. Too damn cold outside. Mid 20s.

Focus was on rolling straight putts over a coin 18" in front of the ball.

Sorry for the different color. The little guy on my shoulder made me a little rebellious this A M. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 88, January 2

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on pitch elbow feel from A4 to A6. Also did some golf specific core work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 403    Fantastic weather.... so I headed to the range for a 4 hour plus session.  Worked through the drills on pages 170-173 of "Train for Golf Like an Olympian."   Working a lot on my pivot and getting to my left side on my downswing.  Tired!!!   The range was very busy today since the weather was great, vacationers were still in town, the snowbirds are back as are a lot of the mini-tour guys polishing their games before heading to Mexico later this month for the Latin America PGA Q-School.  

Day 171:

Should be back to a full routine very soon as tomorrow ia a return to home.

I was stiff afterwards as one swing was a bit off.  Swell, warm shower and scotch should help that.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 323 - January 2, 2019 - Spent 15 minutes working on a new backswing feeling, and then maybe ten minutes doing my SuperSpeed work. Getting five minutes a day at least three times a week is going to be easy with SuperSpeed work. 🙂

🤯

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

SuperSpeed work.

146 with green club?  That’s about the fastest I’ve ever swung it. 

Day 2, January 2

actually did superspeed yesterday and forgot to list it.  I did mirror work on my backswing feeling the umbrella getting the club up vertically quickly by pushing left hand down. Did some putting with my head up against a wall. Also got my fresh copy (misplaced my old one) and gonna take a fresh read through this....

0001A0E8-5870-4572-A137-18687BD05704.thumb.jpeg.48921ea5661efc5a82d191de890a9dce.jpeg

Edited by Wanzo

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Day 2: January 2, 2019

Got home from work a little late. Spent about 30 min putting with and without my putting arc. Been focusing a lot on getting the ball started online with a nice end over end roll. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Wanzo said:

Typo. 136, 140… I took pictures of the 136 one, and then had to take another picture of the 140.

BTW why did you buy another copy of LSW? You lose your first one? 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 82: I could almost copy and paste during the week right now. Mirror work again today. Still working on that softening feel in transition, trying to extend it a bit to impact as well.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

28 minutes ago, iacas said:

Typo. 136, 140… I took pictures of the 136 one, and then had to take another picture of the 140.

Gotcha...something to shoot for. 

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

BTW why did you buy another copy of LSW? You lose your first one? 🙂

I misplaced it.  Not sure if it’s somewhere around here or maybe left on vacation and some lucky guy now has it. I’m looking forward to reading it again.  

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Day 1.  Started 2019 golf off right with a par, and even a few good holes.  

2472999_jRTjPizb.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

I also managed to double bogey due to each aspect of the game:  one off a bad approach shot, one off a bad drive (O.B., then fairway + green + 2 putts on the provisional), one off bad putting, one off bad chipping) and still shot an 86, right near my handicap.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 29.   Hit balls on the range for about an hr.  I played thru my favorite course in my mind.  Example - 1st hole, envisioned myself on the tee box and picked my aiming point and for the 2nd shot estimated how far out I'd have been, pulled out a 9 iron, picked my aiming point, etc.  Did this for the full 18 holes (obviously no putting).  If I felt like I missed an approach, I'd hit a short chip to a target.  Luckily the range has a very good variety of flags and targets at well marked distances from 30 yards to 275 yards.   I still had a few balls left at the end so I just worked on 40 yard chips.

12 hours ago, Wanzo said:

Day 2, January 2

actually did superspeed yesterday and forgot to list it.  I did mirror work on my backswing feeling the umbrella getting the club up vertically quickly by pushing left hand down. Did some putting with my head up against a wall. Also got my fresh copy (misplaced my old one) and gonna take a fresh read through this....

0001A0E8-5870-4572-A137-18687BD05704.thumb.jpeg.48921ea5661efc5a82d191de890a9dce.jpeg

You should practice with this wedge.

s-l1000.jpg

Edel Custom Wedge Gap GW 50 FST KBS Wedge Steel Stiff Right Handed 35.75 in. FST KBS Wedge. 2nd Swing Minnetonka is 1 of...

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 3, January 3:

-early morning super speed training

-15 min putting working on my setup tweaks and getting more comfortable

-5 min working on first few feet of backswing, keeping right elbow in front  

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Moose68 said:

Day 29.

I appreciate that you're doing this, man, but you've not posted every day, and at least once you posted two days in the same post.

You only have 28 posts here, and only 16 of them have been in this topic.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

You should practice with this wedge

ha, nice find.  I traded that one in for some other gear because i started using the wedge that matched my full set more often.  but i still have the matching 56 and 60 that i like a lot around the greens.

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet