IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 387

Worked on my chipping, and putting (combo) game this morning.

Using one ball, from various areas around the green, chipping towards various (5) practice cups, I would chip shot the ball close enough to the cup for a one putt. That was the plan anyways. 

A chip in was true greatness.  A chip, and one putt was a hair less than great. A chip, and two putts, although acceptable, was pretty far from even good. A chip, and three putts was totally unacceptable. 

Chips were from 5-10 feet off the green. Some were uphill. Some were down hill. Most had some degree of break since I was on a two tier'd, practice green. I usually targeted the cup farthest from my chip starting point. 

My goal, as always, was to average less than 2.4 strokes per cup, for the 18 cups I chipped to. I averaged 2.31 this morning. (no three putts)

Focuses were on  the green reads for the chips, their landing areas  and reads for the putts. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 108, January 22

Mirror work at the gym hitting foam balls. Got a new mat so I have a bit more stable stance. I can film in there too. Focused on my head a setup and lowering my right shoulder to get my head behind the ball more. Then on the downswing, pitch elbow with the feel that my left shoulder is going back and around more to help extend through impact.

All this from my latest Evolvr lesson.

For some reason my post yesterday did not post.

Day 109, January 23

Mirror work at the gym again. Brought in my iPad and used Mirror Vision to film some swings with foam balls. It worked pretty well. Focused on head at set up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 191:

Schedule today was 1/2 hour at range followed by a quick 9 on an executive course. The range work was ok.  I still concentrated on the swing path and making sure I was square on the address.  I felt that the balls were getting good loft and distance was good.  

For the round, I shot 50 (included 1 penalty for OB where I ended up hitting 3 off the tee). The OB was derived after hitting a tree.  Should have played up or hit a bit more left.

First tee shot was my best for the day, and I did hit 3 GIR, though all of those left me with very long puts than ended up with bogies.  One par on a 3, one on a four.   One 6, in part due to the penalty.  

Perhaps a combination of better striking of the ball and really focusing on distance lead me to better club selection.  It could have been better but I chose to eliminate 4 clubs from my bag.  I took out my 5i, 8i, 3h, 3w.  Based on my play from the other time I did this course, they were a given to eliminate.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 344 - January 23, 2019 - Putted in the living room.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 103: Mirror work while watching some TV. Working on something slightly different - getting my hands more forward at impact. Needs some more work.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 422. Spent 10 minutes working on rotating versus swaying on my  backswing.   Not a lot of practice today since I was at the PGA Merchandise Show.   

I am doing this on my cell phone in not sure how to highlight red and make bold unless I  retype everything!

Day 23, 23 January 

literally just 5 minutes late last night.

with the driver, in my garage, working on swing plane, with a focus on rotating my shoulders through the ball.

Day 388

Bought a basket of balls this AM. Just wanted to hit balls, since the weather was pretty decent. 

Using different clubs, I hit balls long, short, and in between. Full swings, 3/4, and 1/2. Some off the turf. Some tee'd up.

Except for always having a targeted, landing area, there was no rhyme, or resoning to the session. Each shot, and club selection was a spur of the moment choice. I never hit the same club twice in a row. 

Just an easy morning on the driving range. Probably going to play 9, or 18 in a little while.

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

Day 109, January 24

Mirror work at the gym with Mirror Vision. Focused on head a set up, then left shoulder back through impact per my last lesson. Only did slower swings to get the feel down.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 24, 24 January

Making up for the brevity of yesterday’s session, I have two lengthy sessions today, totally over 90 mins.

Initially with my 8i, but predominantly with my driver, i was working on swing plane and risking my shoulders through the ball. Much to do.

DAY 423  Came home early from the PGA Merchandise Show and was able to get in 10 minutes of practice in my home office doorway working on turning versus swaying.   

I also got in 5 minutes of practice at the PGA Merchandise Show when I got on the RoboGolfPro.

www.robogolfpro.com     I was thinking of getting one to put in my garage so I could practice no matter the weather, however, the $150K price tag was a little more than was in my budget. :-)  Well a lot more than my budget.

PGAMS5.jpg

PGAMS6.jpg

• Administrator

Day 345 - January 24, 2019 - Workout today so just a little putting practice afterward. Still feel a bit like jelly oftentimes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 104: Spent 5 minutes tuning up my aimpoint with my aimpoint slope board. This is something I need to work on more and something I will come back to, probably pretty often.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 192

Schedule today required me to stay at home awaiting s service person for the dishwasher. So I spent my practice time with the Orange W and concentrating on both the swing path and not allowing the weight to get ahead of my hands.       

This also allowed me to really get the feel of the moment of the start of the downswing and a good feel for the lag. I find this focus on the full motion has made this a major part of my physical warm ups since it entered my golf bag.

As well, it allows me to get a rhythm for the swing, foot movement and hip motions.  If I do it wrong, given my weird right foot, I lose balance and a sense of being grounded.

My goal is to make the total feel almost automatic.  

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Built another indoor green for a good buddy of mine who plays D1 golf. Topped it off with Camry golf carpet. Super cheap and probably the best material out there for projects like these.

The biggest perk is that you can use chalk like on it. (Rubs off in a weeks time). A contrast with the darker material and the chalk line is definitely underrated - perhaps the eye just picks ups the visualization a bit better?

IMG_1016.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 111, January 25

Mirror App work at the gym with the driver today. Same priorities, head at set up, right shoulder down, pitch elbow feel in transition and left shoulder around and back. All slow or partial swings.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 389

Just some putting practice on an unfamiliar practice green. 

Focuses were on reads, stance, rolling the ball on my chosen line, and my back stroke for the distance required. 

Putted to 18 diferent pin locations, using one, game ball. 

In My Bag: