IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 189, April 14

Difficult day for me today. No, not the golf! I played nine and shot a 40. But I had to tape the Masters and watch it on DVR while not looking at my phone! It sucked! I’m so glad Tiger won.

Need more short game work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 467

Got an early start this morning. I was able to claim the long part of the short game area

Practiced hitting shots up to 80 yards, as tbere was a flag 80 yards away. All the shorter shots had to do was land on, or near the ball line to the far flag. 

Focuses have not changed. Club selection, set up, ball position, intermediate target, club face aim, and putting my "dollar bills" swing on the ball. 

Goal was to land the balls on /near my chosen target line. That target line, on the longer shots was a little more left of the flag. Left of the flag was a pretty steep up slope. That slope offered up a larger landing area, that would bounce/roll the ball down to the ball line to the flag.  The down side was a ball hit too far left, wound up in a drainage ditch. 

i was able to use my own, semi retired e7 balls for this session. They are alot more trust worthy than range balls. 

Probably going to walk on later to play 18 holes. Weather is great for golf today. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 513,   Every day this coming week will be full morning sessions, since I have to work in the afternoons at a junior golf academy.   So today I spent time working on my backswing and TRYING to stay in posture in my downswing.  My upper versus lower body separation was NOT working today on my downswing... not sure why :-(   I just kept on coming over the top...or hanging back, or .... well not good.

Then I headed over to the putting green for 45 minutes to work exclusively on my start line. ... using the Pelz Putting Tutor for feedback and training.  

Day 190, April 15

Worked on my full swing PP with 7 iron and driver. Then did some partial wedge work. Finished with chips and pitches.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 278

Started out with 20 minutes on a range and 10 minutes on a practice green before playing 18.

I felt well warmed up with most of my clubs.  My driver and 4h were on fire. My 6i and 7i were very predictable and my wedges felt solid. I decided not to play my 7i/w or 3h today and left them to sleep in the car. Basically, good choices as I could not feel I missed out on not having them at hand.

While I got my second sub 90 of the year (86), it never felt like as that great of a round.

Good moments: I holed a chip in from 15', no triple bogies, only 28 putts ,6 Pars, 10 Bogies, 2 double bogies, no penalties, 12 GIR, 11 Fairways.  And, the wedges were solid. No slices or wild pull hooks.

Not so good moments: missed a number of putts on Par 3s to end up with 5s on the holes.  Was often short on the second shots to require a third or even a fourth to reach the greens.  I got to get working on getting the ball closer with my hybrids.

While it felt somewhat average, when I totaled up the round I was happy about the score; I was not really watching the score as I played each hole as if it were a separate entity from what went before. Before the totals, I though perhaps mid 90s.

Out: 42, In: 44

Big Shock: NO 6s!!!!!!!!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 436 - April 15, 2019 - Spent about ten minutes working on my swing while @billchao practiced his.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 467

Got an early start this morning. I was able to claim the long part of the short game area

Practiced hitting shots up to 80 yards, as tbere was a flag 80 yards away. All the shorter shots had to do was land on, or near the ball line to the far flag. 

Focuses have not changed. Club selection, set up, ball position, intermediate target, club face aim, and putting my "dollar bills" swing on the ball. 

Goal was to land the balls on /near my chosen target line. That target line, on the longer shots was a little more left of the flag. Left of the flag was a pretty steep up slope. That slope offered up a larger landing area, that would bounce/roll the ball down to the ball line to the flag.  The down side was a ball hit too far left, wound up in a drainage ditch. 

i was able to use my own, semi retired e7 balls for this session. They are alot more trust worthy than range balls. 

Probably going to walk on later to play 18 holes. Weather is great for golf today. 

In My Bag:

Dday 468

I see day 467 was waitinting for me this morning. I thought it posted up yesterday. Guess not. I submitted it again. 

For today, it was chip/putt practice. Same routine as always. Using one ball, from various areas around the green, I chip the ball to diffetent practice pins. 

The goal is to chip the ball in, or leave it close enough for a one putt. Also when chipping to an upper tiered pin, to leave the ball on that tier. 

Depending on the roll involved, I used either my SW, or PW. Rolls included straight, up/down hill chips, and side hill chips for pins on upper, and lower tiers. Almost all the chips had some break to them. 

Focuses were on green reads, landing areas, set up, and using my (Paul Runyon) putting stroke to chip the ball. A second read was needed on the chips that missed, unless they were shorter tap ins. 

Looks like I beat the forecasted thunderstorms. 

In My Bag:

DAY 514   What a difference a day makes!!!   Spent a couple of hours plus on the range working on my backswing and starting my downswing properly....     Lots and Lots of slow swings, drills, and success.  :-)

Day 191, April 16

Played 18 today in brutal wind, 20-30 with gusts to 40. Played like crap too. I felt all out of sequence the whole round.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 279

Today could best be titled as It Takes at Least 5 Shots.

No matter which club I used, it took about 5 shots to really feel I were in control of that club.  

Not that the first 5 shots were all god awful, I simply was off with what I expected. 6i, 7i, 9i, 7i/w 3h 4h 5h all took a bit of time to wake-up fully.  The pre-awake shots were marked with poor loft, distance and even a rare horrendous slice.  The 9i gave a somewhat wicked, but playable push hook, the 7i/w was the culprit for the slice.

After that first 5 per club, I sat down and went through was I considered to be the best address and pre-shot for each club, which is what I thought I was doing prior to each re-set.  After each re-set, I was able to hit the next grouping for each club very well, even got an increased ball speed for every club.

It may have been the result of not warming up as  I usually do prior to my range sessions with the Orange Thingy and taking my usual 10 shots with my 50º.  Not sure why I left that  out.  If that is what caused it, mea maxima culpa!

I had a morning where my routine was a bit off all day; tomorrow I will do my best to get back to my routine and see if today were just an off day. 

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 437 - April 16, 2019 - Played a game of 21 (won) against @billchao, @david_wedzik, and Ryan Peters. No chance for those fools. 😉

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 469

Went to the other nearby course for some putting practice. I am not that familiar with their practice greens. 

Focuses were on reads, set up, and rolling the ball on my chosen line. 

Used one ball as I rotated through the 6 pins. Had a couple of three putts due to too much ball speed. Greens were slow due to yesterday's rain.

Goal was two putts or less on the 6 practice pins. All first putts were atleast 10' feet or more. 

In My Bag:

Day 192, April 17

Mirror work at the gym focusing on basics again including set up, backswing to A4, pitch elbow in transition and extending through contact.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 280.

Started off well with great Orange Whip® work and solid hits with the 6i.  Solid practice hits with the loft and distance being as they should be.

In the next 5 minutes all went to hell as my blood sugars dropped a lot indicating a solid hypoglycemic attack to the point where I need to rapidly increase blood sugar levels.  Both a coke and glucose tablets were needed and theses take time to affect good physical feelings.  15 minutes later levels were improving (reason I keep a meter and strips in my car.) 20 minutes later and level was in a good range.

However, the allotted time had passed. So time to pack up and and return home.  While I felt good and had  a good lunch and insulin was taken, these things do happen,

Will do over tomorrow

DAY 515   Stayed in this morning to rest, my legs are tired, and I still am gaining strenght back from the flu.  So I spent time making practice swings in my home office... and practicing my turning standing in the door jamb.   If you stand in an open door jamb, with your hands across your chest, and turn in your backswing and your through swing, you will quickly get feedback if you are swaying since you will hit the jambs.  

Looking forward to tomorrow, when I am going for my driver fitting....  now if I can pick up 17-20 yards like I did with my irons last week!!!  

• Administrator

Day 438 - April 17, 2019 -

2555950_JHZg7nKo.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Day 470

Work on shots up to 100 yards this morning.

Same focuses. Aim, intermediate target, club face aim, stance, posture, set up, one piece take away, and just putting a good swing on the ball. 

Goal was to land the ball on, or near my target, with what ever club I was using. 

Going play 18 holes a little later. In this weather, it can't be helped. 

In My Bag: