IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 385 (yes, I misprinted yesterday's number)

A day for putting. Did not want to do full swings, as I pulled a right leg muscle while playing the last round.  

Took about 20 putt each at 3', 6', and 8'.  Rather than make it a game, I set % for each to be made at a distance and I said I would do them all over if I missed my mark.

At 3' I sent the mark at 99%.  And I hit them all. So I moved back.

6' was a rather tough goal of 90%. I missed many at this distance the other day.  I missed 1 of the 20 because just as I was hitting the last one, my dog started chasing after the ball after I hit it. He picked it up about 1' in front  the hole.  So we had to go for a brisk walk.  After we came home, he was off to sleep and I was able to finish.

8' I wanted to hit 86%, as this is a distance I often mis-judge how hard I smack the round thing.  While I did hit my target, I decided to take a second round to simply feel better.

Total time spend was about 45 minutes (dog interference time not included).

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 386

Tough schedule today so I was glad I got about 20 minutes of mirror work.

After watching my hip work, I went on to holding a club with my arms to check my shoulder movement. Looked good.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 91.  Yesterday felt lazy, today felt like really working at it.  Range bucket, 30-40 balls.  I hit half, focusing as always on my priority piece (mats, range balls, outdoors, into the ether).  Then I did speed sticks (second time doing protocol two) up to kneeling swings.  Then I putted for 10 minutes, first 9-15 foot putts, then 30 foot putts.  Former, focus on getting them at least to the hole (sank a few too!), latter focused on getting the speed as close to right as possible, without a preference for long/short.  Finally, went back and finished the protocol (step-swing and green-at-end) and then finished the bucket.  It was a great night for golf practice!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 2

8/2/19

I played 9 holes after work and kept track of fairways hit and number of putts. Unfortunately, I didn't hit any fairways.

I ended up with a score of 50 and was very happy with that. My goal to break 100 this year is in reach.

I need to work on accuracy off the tee.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 387

Still nursing a somewhat sore knee so focused on half swings with the 56º and 60º.

Nice easy swings from the 4:00 and 5:00 position with a focus on hitting as close to the target as possible.

Had the best on target shots from the 56º that I have had in some time.  Perhaps the knee pull was a blessing in disguise. with working on creating the loft needed to get to the target. I have found a comfort today with that club that has alluded me for this past year.

My 60º is now a solidly predictable club off of the turf. I can get nice chips from 70+ yards and closer to both be on line with the target and stop and/or roll as hoped for.  My Phil Flops are good with nigh high lofts and a fairly dead stop once it hits the green.

Fun day to help me ignore the knee.

Edited by DrMJG

Day 294, August 3

Easy day, just some light swings working on my feels.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 92.  Ten minutes to myself in my practice room, I hit 8-iron shots into a net, off a mat, some foam some real balls.  Focused on the head movement that is my priority piece. 

20 hours ago, Craigers said:

Day 2

8/2/19

I played 9 holes after work and kept track of fairways hit and number of putts. Unfortunately, I didn't hit any fairways.

I ended up with a score of 50 and was very happy with that. My goal to break 100 this year is in reach.

I need to work on accuracy off the tee.

May I make a suggestion?  In addition to those stats, track how playable your second shot is after a drive -- in light rough, with a shot at the green (or a good second shot available to you on par-5s and long par-4s) is a good tee shot.  The binary of "fairway hit?" doesn't track this.

Similar, track an estimate of how far away from the cup you are when you first putt.  You'll want these numbers later, and we'll chat about it in another thread. 

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

Day 92.  Ten minutes to myself in my practice room, I hit 8-iron shots into a net, off a mat, some foam some real balls.  Focused on the head movement that is my priority piece. 

May I make a suggestion?  In addition to those stats, track how playable your second shot is after a drive -- in light rough, with a shot at the green (or a good second shot available to you on par-5s and long par-4s) is a good tee shot.  The binary of "fairway hit?" doesn't track this.

Similar, track an estimate of how far away from the cup you are when you first putt.  You'll want these numbers later, and we'll chat about it in another thread. 

Those are great ideas to apply. I would be interested in how you or others notate this. 

I'll look for that thread.

Day 3

8/3/19

Driver takeaway and some swings in my yard without a ball. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 295, August 4

Worked on my PP with 7 iron and driver. All partial and slower swings. Focused on palmar flexion from A4 through impact with pitch elbow feel and holding the finish at A9 with no wrist roll over. Having the left shoulder pull through helps

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 388

Only to to 115 out here according to the mercury on the patio, so today was limited to 20 minutes of physical mirror work and 20 swings of the Orange torture device!

Day 4

8/4/19

Pitched with my SW to a target 20 and 30 yards away.

30 balls

-Craig-

In my bag:

Day 93.  Played what is probably my last round prior to my club championship, which starts Friday (2 rounds, a cut, then a third round if I make the cut).  Played mediocre, then bad (an 8 on a par-5 hole 4, then a 7 on a par-3 8), then came in pretty good (six over, total, last ten holes).  I have a lot to work on between now and Friday!  I have not yet finished the game golf due to other things going on today. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 296, August 5

Played 9 today and shot a 39 on a Par 35 course. I play this course pretty well. Managed to par a hole I've never parred because, surprise!, I hit it in the fairway and had an up and down from a nGIR. It is a long par 4 and I hit a 3H to about 5 yards off the green. (hole 7). Both par 3s I hooked into a trap on the left. Need to work on that some more. Putting was excellent. Driver OK, 4W very good. Partial wedges were very good too.

2720497_NaBDHI9S.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 5

8/5/19

Indoor putting on the carpet to targets in the 3' - 6' range. 

I concentrated on keeping my head still and alignment.

-Craig-

In my bag:

Day 389

We could call it a Pringles day!

Chip, Chip and more Chips! Primarily working at a rolling practice green.  Quite happy with the 60º which was the old weapon I worked with.

Came away happy, hot and ready for a PowerAde®

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 94.  How do I follow up yesterday's round with a driving average of 221, eleven yards better than my previous best?  Why, back to long game practice including the speed sticks, of course!  Usual interim for putting (3' and 15' and 30' while waiting for the dizzying effects of the knees swings to wash over).  Outdoors, off mats, into the cool summer evening air. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 390

30 shots with the 6i.  

I am going to learn to hit this club well, plain and simple.

Started out rough and inconsistent: Poor loft, out of line and mediocre distance.  So I accepted them as warm-ups that simply moved the body.

Next group were better, but only 60% or so were shots I would accept as fairly fine in a game.

Coffee consumption was next.

Decided to really think things through:  No out to in swing path, good ball position at the address, setting a point of aim about 10 feet in from to ball, good hand position on the grip, take a few waggles before striking, head down, good hip rotation, if uncomfortable at address, step back and reload.

Last 15 shots were more in the "WOW, that was nice" territory.

All the normal things that I need to get back towards "automatic",

I have decided to take the next 10 days to take 20 shots with ONLY my 6i. No other weapon in the arsenal is as rough.  Other clubs I can hit with a 85-90% "not too shabby" rate! 

Day 297, August 6

Played the same course again and shot a 41. Had a chip in on 7 for par.

Scott

My Swing Thread